Problem Sleep Wake with asrock G31M-VS2

pianman

22 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I have a problem with the sleep of asrock G31M-VS2. The computer goes to sleep, when it wakes up, it has a black screen. I found on internet a guide showing me to delete this string from DSDT in Wak Method:

\ _SB.PCI0.SBRG.SIOW (Arg0)

Now the computer wakes up, but the mouse and the whole system is glitching. I have the patch for the speedstep in my dsdt and I don't use Generate P & C state of Chameleon.

This is the system:

Asrock G31M-VS2

CPU: E8400

RAM: DDR2 800MHz

GPU: Galaxy 8600GT 512Mb

I Hope I hope you can help me.

This is my dsdt and ioregexplorer

DSDT G31M-VS2.zip

likely need to find more code that loads SIOx besides in wake.

sometimes tis best to trim dsdt fat off it.. a lot.

an example is my dsdt of my G31M-ES2L rev 1.. i found someones very lite version and i saw it worked great.

Hi Guys,

I have a problem with the sleep of asrock G31M-VS2. The computer goes to sleep, when it wakes up, it has a black screen. I found on internet a guide showing me to delete this string from DSDT in Wak Method:

\ _SB.PCI0.SBRG.SIOW (Arg0)

Now the computer wakes up, but the mouse and the whole system is glitching. I have the patch for the speedstep in my dsdt and I don't use Generate P & C state of Chameleon.

This is the system:

Asrock G31M-VS2

CPU: E8400

RAM: DDR2 800MHz

GPU: Galaxy 8600GT 512Mb

I Hope I hope you can help me.

This is my dsdt and ioregexplorer

It looks like a framebuffer issue. What happens when the system goes to sleep/wake again?

It looks like a framebuffer issue. What happens when the system goes to sleep/wake again?

Thanks guys for your replay,

osx normally goes to sleep, all the fans are turned off, but when I press the mouse or keyboard to wake up, the screen turns on, osx is glitching, but when I rename the string gfx0 in IGPU or IGP (internal graphics that I do not use) in dsdt, osx shows me the circle of reboots and crashes. Can I delete completely the section of the Internal gfx?

Did you go through several sleep/wake cycles? I had a similar issue and had to sort the framebuffer personality for my ATI card. On every second sleep/wake cycle the monitor would not wake i.e. upon resume from sleep the FB personality would change. I had a different FB personality set in my controller kext from the one Clover assigned (MotMot). Once changed to MotMot everything worked ok

Did you go through several sleep/wake cycles? I had a similar issue and had to sort the framebuffer personality for my ATI card. On every second sleep/wake cycle the monitor would not wake i.e. upon resume from sleep the FB personality would change. I had a different FB personality set in my controller kext from the one Clover assigned (MotMot). Once changed to MotMot everything worked ok

I have nvidia gpu and not ATI Card, so I don't know which framebuffer use.

There's a 4870 in your sig so i thought u got that. Did u change video cards? Or fresh install with nvidia?

This is another hack with asrock g31m-vs2 and galaxy 8600gt, you see in my first post. The hack in my signature is all functionally.

This is another hack with asrock g31m-vs2 and galaxy 8600gt, you see in my first post. The hack in my signature is all functionally.

clone the disk with disk utility ? restore tab. then it shoudl work as its same.. bios version .. settings ? but is it same video card or rom.. try that video card in the non working system to see if its the cards rom or defective.

planman it seems that you have problem with USB. Try to use USBBusFix=Yes at Chameleon. Or at XPC

<key>USBFix</key>

<integer>1</integer>

XPC has more powerful USBFix than Chameleon

In fact, I boot with ECHIAcquire fix = yes and Legacy USB Off = Yes, even I put a patch in dsdt for usb, but my problem is waking up and not sleep, with the default dsdt, when it wake up, I have a black screen, or system restart or mouse is glitching.

You can try by deleting the dsdt GFX0 edit and use chameleon's GE. The best would be to have a clean install. Everything you described sounds like chameleon not loading the card correctly upon resume from sleep. Or try a different bootloader (like Slice's EFI Clover).

• Like 1

Have u installed any extra kexts (nvidia related)? Are you using kernelcache=yes? Best try would be to take an unmodified dsdt, apply only the essential patches, delete \ _SB.PCI0.SBRG.SIOW (Arg0), make a clean install and use GE. If that doesn't work try some other bootloader.