P8H67-M Pro

2 posts in this topic

Okay so I have my hack up and running for the most part. The only big issue that I'm still having is that I can't seem to get audio. I have a P8H67-M Pro/CSM Rev 3.0 motherboard. I got the ethernet to work by using a patch found here. And I thought the audio kexts would work too but they're not. I'm probably don't something but I'm not sure what. I'm still a complete noob when it comes to hackintosh so I'm a little lost. I've found a patched BIOS for my mobo here and I read that that could fix the problem but that flashing a patched BIOS could also cause problems. From what I understand a kext is a kernel extension and basically just like a driver for windows. So I feel like that's what I should be looking for. Not modding my BIOS but I may be wrong.. Here is a link to my mobo specs and it says that for the audio it uses a Realtek ALC 892 so I've looked and found kexts for the and used the kext installer found in the "Essential - 03.08.12.zip" found but it hasn't worked. Do I need to enable something to have the kext take effect? Thank you in advance for any help offered.

PS. Sorry, I meant to put "P8H67-M Pro No Audio". as the topic title

• 2 weeks later...