Kernel Panic on ASUS P5Q

vol264

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have a perfect working Snow Lepoard on my hack but would like to upgrade to Lion. I've tried a lot of options, but everytime when I boot i get kernel panic (see attached picture).

So what is the current situation:

1. Have a bootable USB stick with Lion and Chameleon 2.1 (checked on real MAC and is booting OK)

2. smbios.plist (Mac 3,1 optimized)

3. com.apple.Boot.plist

<key>Boot Banner</key>

<string>No</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>3</string>

<key>RestartFix</key>

<string>Yes</string>

4. Have an optimized DSDT (only fakesmc.kext is needed on SL)

5. Exrta/Extensions (FakeSMC, tried also (IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector, AHCIPortInjector))

6. Tried with kernel flags (acpi=off, PCIRootID=0 and 1, no kernel cache, no graphics enabler)

7. Have unplugged CD/DVD and 1TB disk

8. Checked BIOS settings

I really have no more ideas what to try.

Any ideas what could be worng?

Thanks

post-515577-0-28204200-1362726166_thumb.jpg

Restored Lion on the USB stick again and now it goes forward but now I'm stuck on the white screen after apple logo.

Tried PCIRootUID, npci, GraphicsEnabler.

When I do -f or -s I get then th same kernel panic as in first post.

Are there normally problems with USB stick when restoring images onto them? I suspect that this could be the same issue.

-f -v -x PCIRootUID=1 UseKernelCache=No GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000 cpus=1

Use only FakeSMC.kext and NULLCPUPowerManegemente.kext in S/L/E of your USBInstaller, in the root USBInstaller folder Extra with smbios.plist/org.chameleon.boot.plist/DSDT.aml, make a new USBInstaller with MAP/MBR Format/HFS+ , RESTORE with Disk Utility .dmg LION, InstallChameleon, make a Extra Folder, and try again, in your photo I see what the problem is Installer corrupt or you have made this wrong, serch for a guide how to mke a USBInstaller, take a look here.

The all-in-one guide to Vanilla OS X Mountain Lion + Chameleon + DSDT for beginners http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=280756