AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB fixed (SL 10.6.8)

verteks

276 posts in this topic

OK i've posted a new thread in http://www.insanelym...hd-gma-5700mhd/

Everyone, please go check out this new guide to find out how to enable wake up from sleep and brightness keys!

calmesal, I'm finally gonna look at your DSDT now! :D

EDIT: I have compiled the following DSDT for you calmesal, but you will have to confirm that your BAR0 offset is OK before you use it (have a look at the new guide to see how to use RW-everything. Change the magic numbers if your BAR0 is different\)

Thanks!

I applied the BAR1 magic number to the dsdt and compiled without error, but it doesn't work.

Any more ides?

Edit. I found this in kernel log.

DSDT.aml.zip

post-21176-0-86762500-1363551222_thumb.png

post-21176-0-49104800-1363551231_thumb.png

post-21176-0-17641100-1363562990_thumb.png

I actually use NATIT and i Have pnlf installed.

What happens if you add a really basic PNLF like the following

Device (PNLF)

{

Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))

Name (_CID, "backlight")

Name (_UID, 0x0A)

Name (_STA, 0x0B)

}

ok will try and get back to you

GhostRaider

Do you use os-info ? if so try using the different variations of it.

if there is any user who don't user os-info to boot maybe they can try out the lvds+vga..

correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't os-info specify which connection to use?

Thanks GhostRaider! :thumbsup_anim: I'm able to boot now AND I have QE/CI.

+1

I finally got QE with your FB and the natit kext on my Thinkpad T510 {onboard GFX only model} .

The only thing not working is one of the built in screensavers on Mountain Lion: "Shell"

The other screensavers work, and my system shows all signs of QE being enabled such as

Zoom effect when logging on, chess game working, water effect when adding widget to dashboard.

I was wondering if the problem with the Shell screensaver indicates a wider problem with QE?

I should also mention that my LCD baklight doesn't come on when waking from sleep, but I am about to start fixing that one.

Thanks!

I applied the BAR1 magic number to the dsdt and compiled without error, but it doesn't work.

Any more ides?

Edit. I found this in kernel log.

Hey that second screenshot is so cool! How did you manage to get BAR1 on your MAC? What command did you use?

I will have a look to see why it's not working, but I may need some more screenshots from you (look at the screenshots by Felix Chan in the other brightness thread)

Hey that second screenshot is so cool! How did you manage to get BAR1 on your MAC? What command did you use?

I will have a look to see why it's not working, but I may need some more screenshots from you (look at the screenshots by Felix Chan in the other brightness thread)

That screenshot is from RWEverything from windows when I saved as plane text just to show the value. What else do you need?

+1

I finally got QE with your FB and the natit kext on my Thinkpad T510 {onboard GFX only model} .

The only thing not working is one of the built in screensavers on Mountain Lion: "Shell"

The other screensavers work, and my system shows all signs of QE being enabled such as

Zoom effect when logging on, chess game working, water effect when adding widget to dashboard.

I was wondering if the problem with the Shell screensaver indicates a wider problem with QE?

I should also mention that my LCD baklight doesn't come on when waking from sleep, but I am about to start fixing that one.

Not really sure what you are talking about. The Shell screensaver works fine.

post-620531-0-77366100-1363575356_thumb.png

Not really sure what you are talking about. The Shell screensaver works fine.

post-620531-0-77366100-1363575356_thumb.png

For some reason I can't preview it, just stays black.

When I look at a report from OpenGL Extensions Viewer, it tell me there is

No support for compiled vertex arrays - means nothing to me.

All tests complete OK in OpenGL Extensions Viewer and my install seems stable...

For some reason I can't preview it, just stays black.

When I look at a report from OpenGL Extensions Viewer, it tell me there is

No support for compiled vertex arrays - means nothing to me.

All tests complete OK in OpenGL Extensions Viewer and my install seems stable...

I have the same problem! I wouldn't have noticed if you didn't say. Shell doesn't work at all.

Also, my graphics are really "loud" under OS X. Things like scrolling or editing pictures generate this funny squealing noise (coil whine). I don't have this under Windows.. any ideas anyone

I have the same problem! I wouldn't have noticed if you didn't say. Shell doesn't work at all.

Also, my graphics are really "loud" under OS X. Things like scrolling or editing pictures generate this funny squealing noise (coil whine). I don't have this under Windows.. any ideas anyone

Only now noticed? 1st thing i noticed when i tried osx a while back

HI all,

unfortunately I cannot make the FB working, I tried all FB from this post:

http://www.insanelym...-graphics-qeci/

but nothing gave me positive results. I post my system log hoping verteks or anyone else will have a look at it.

Regards

Pentothal

Ive found a diagram of what edp looks like, maybe it will help us better understand the problem

http://www.paradetec...am-20110316.gif

Exactly the same problem here!

Me too! I get crazy coil whine sounds in OS X but now windows.

Exactly the same problem here!

Only now noticed? 1st thing i noticed when i tried osx a while back

Ive found a diagram of what edp looks like, maybe it will help us better understand the problem

http://www.paradetec...am-20110316.gif

You sure you guys can't see the Shell Screensaver? That is very weird. And you guys suffer from coil sound? My computer runs more quieter on OS X than on Windows.

I mean I use an SSDT for power management, but as for the screensaver, I don't have a clue unless I did something but I just wasn't aware of it.

You sure you guys can't see the Shell Screensaver? That is very weird. And you guys suffer from coil sound? My computer runs more quieter on OS X than on Windows.

I mean I use an SSDT for power management, but as for the screensaver, I don't have a clue unless I did something but I just wasn't aware of it.

Can you post your SSDT please?

Same problem for me!!

The chirping sound (coil whine?) only happens when the GFX card starts working on something.

Interestingly, the noise is twice as loud when running on battery, not plugged in.

When I open Mainstage 2.0 it gets stuck on "initializing graphics", but I can still open a new project.

Redrawing elements inside mainstage, eg. adjusting graphic eq. is laggy, but the cpu usage doesnt go up.

Going to fullscreen in Mainstage doesnt work (I get scrambled screen for a second, then full screen mode exits).

However, if I change resolution to 1024x768 and then reselect my native 1366x768, full screen works OK.

You guys need to check your installation because it is not normal to get these chirp sounds or coil sounds on your computer. You sure its not the HDD that makes these sounds? Well sometimes you will hear clicks but that is normal because OS X is reading the disk.

My power management is fine:

post-620531-0-51580200-1363642589_thumb.pngpost-620531-0-54560200-1363642628_thumb.png

As for my SSDT, I attached it here but you cannot use it. You need to create your own.

Everything working fine, but how can i change this "Uknown" os-info to correct "Intel HD Graphics"?

I haven't added this information either in my guide (at one point I will) but all you have to go is add your Intel HD Graphics information under GFX0 in your DSDT. Basically you use a DSM method in there.

SSDT.aml.zip

This sound existed prior to frame buffer, so i doubt its the culprit, try different resolutions i have a feeling a single link lane on x1 width is just to much stress on the gfx........

example in linux i'm using a single link with x4 width ,but that config don't work under framebuffer.

This is Close to some power issue,like frequency voltage or something

For now check temps make sure nothing is over heating as this happens when the gfx receives a work load whether small or big.

You guys need to check your installation because it is not normal to get these chirp sounds or coil sounds on your computer. You sure its not the HDD that makes these sounds? Well sometimes you will hear clicks but that is normal because OS X is reading the disk.

My power management is fine:

post-620531-0-51580200-1363642589_thumb.pngpost-620531-0-54560200-1363642628_thumb.png

As for my SSDT, I attached it here but you cannot use it. You need to create your own.

I haven't added this information either in my guide (at one point I will) but all you have to go is add your Intel HD Graphics information under GFX0 in your DSDT. Basically you use a DSM method in there.

Well coil whine is "normal" if there is too much power load on coils, i.e. bad power management

And i'm pretty sure its not my HDD cos i dont have a HDD :D

I do use SSDT though

In early macbooks, the coil noise was present and could be removed by a work around by disabling C4 state, but that decreased battery life so it was never an ideal workaround. People made apps such as ShhMBP to remove the noise, but all those apps had side effects. I wonder if its worth trying those apps out

This sound existed prior to frame buffer, so i doubt its the culprit, try different resolutions i have a feeling a single link lane on x1 width is just to much stress on the gfx........

example in linux i'm using a single link with x4 width ,but that config don't work under framebuffer.

This is Close to some power issue,like frequency voltage or something

For now check temps make sure nothing is over heating as this happens when the gfx receives a work load whether small or big.

are you saying using a dual link fb instead of single link could possibly help ?

pentothal I think I have an idea: I remember you were having trouble with your EDID with the resolution module, and RemC helped you with it, hard-coding it to use your "magical" edid. However, the problem may not be because of the framebuffer not working, but rather it's picking up a weird EDID. Do you have networking set-up? If so, do you happen to be able to use VNC to see if the framebuffer's working? If it is, then try creating an override with this thread: http://www.insanelym...splay-problems/ This will override any faulty EDID and use the one that works for you. Work using Method B, and see if this fixes the problem. Be sure to use your "Magical" EDID.