xHC USB 3.0

• Please log in to reply
579 replies to this topic

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,985 posts

This war between tmx and other sites is ridiculous. There is no stealing going on here.

First of all credit is given in MB and whenever I reply to a message where the OP is confused and trying to give me credit for Zenith432's work, I will always correct them to indicate that this is all Zenith432's work.

Second of all, this is open source. Perhaps you should read up on it: http://en.wikipedia....source_software

You don't even have a clue.

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,985 posts
One of my users reported this issue with your latest release:

Asus P9x79
BIOS 4005

Attached File  KP_GenericUSBXHCI_P9X79Pro50.jpg   171.45KB   63 downloads

68x

68x

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

68x:
Your xhci chip can't sleep. The delay is because of bus reenumeration. I suggest you try booting with '-gux_nosleep' - the reenumeration might be faster that way because it starts from a better position.

LoLL
You're using some outdated IOUSBFamily. The one in OS 10.7.5 should be version 510.4.6. I tried loading GenericUSBXHCI with it in both 64-bit and 32-bit yesterday and it worked.

Is there a reason why my XHCI cannot sleep? Also the -gux_nosleep flag alleviates the problem, but none of the USB devices connected do not work after 2-3s from wake.

Anonymous03

Anonymous03

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Will people having problems with the extra-current errors please try this version and let me know if it makes any difference? Thanks.

Seems it's not work, extra operating current @500mA for iPhone is not appeared in System Information -> USB
Can't test for iPad now.

attached screenshot of System Information and xhcdump

Attached Files

Zenith432

Zenith432

InsanelyMac Sage

• Developers
  • 416 posts

Seems it's not work, extra operating current @500mA for iPhone is not appeared in System Information -> USB

The screen shot shows the iPhone is connected as a high-speed device, for which 500mA is max. The extra-current errors are for super-speed devices only. They leave a message like this in system.log

The IOUSBFamily did not receive enough extra current for the SuperSpeed device ____ at _____, asked for 400mA but got 0 mA

Rampage Dev: The message

WaitForCMD: Timeout waiting for command completion, 100ms

indicates the xhci controller in stalled. The KP later is in Apple's code (AppleUSBHub), probably because the controller is stalled and returning errors AppleUSBHub doesn't process well. I'll need to see a xhcdump of the controller state. Maybe with no connected devices it won't KP so xhcdump can be recorded.

68x: Usually it's because auxillary power is not supplied to the xhci chip during sleep.

68x

68x

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
@Zenith432

Sorry to sound thick headed, but is it possible to "fix" the issue?

Anonymous03

Anonymous03

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

The screen shot shows the iPhone is connected as a high-speed device, for which 500mA is max. The extra-current errors are for super-speed devices only.

so is it possible to enable extra current?
With Intel kext and on my macbook it also shows as high speed device, but adds extra operating current

EDIT: Attached screens with native intel kext.

Attached Files

LoLL

LoLL

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

LoLL
You're using some outdated IOUSBFamily. The one in OS 10.7.5 should be version 510.4.6. I tried loading GenericUSBXHCI with it in both 64-bit and 32-bit yesterday and it worked.

Right ! I've installed IOUSBFamily and Storage from X.7.5 combo and USB3 port is functionnal !
Thanks for your help.

Btw, well done for the Kext ! The use of USB3 port drove me to panic land before :-)

xelanaiznac

xelanaiznac

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
hi guys. first of all i would like to say to you thank's for all the work that you do for us.
i have just bought a mac pro 5,1 because it was a very real good deal (i paied it 750 euro in italy cause a out of business)
i want to buy a pci express 4 port usb3 card for it.
which is the best card for you?
i have seen the hihgpoint 1144cm, but i don't want to pay 170 euro for a pci express sub3 card! damn it!
so, what do you suggest me to buy?
i have found this comment in a blog, look at it: http://trick77.com/2...1/#comment-6657
please help me, thank you!

lisai9093

lisai9093

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
instantly wakeup after sleep. it's 7 series motherboard and ivy bridge cpu. in console says "wake reason: XHC." everything is ok if I use original apple kext. any idea?

xelanaiznac

xelanaiznac

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
whic chipset do you think is the best? they are all 4 port usb3
-via vl800 (http://www.sybausa.c...fo.php?iid=1188)
-via vl805 (i can't find a pci express card nowadays)
-nec renesas (http://www.newegg.co...=9SIA1DS0FR3984)
-etron ej198 (http://www.mmui.com....details392.html) it must be the only 4x pci express, all the other cards are pci express x1
-fresco chipset

please help me

Anonymous03

Anonymous03

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

so is it possible to enable extra current?
With Intel kext and on my macbook it also shows as high speed device, but adds extra operating current

EDIT: Attached screens with native intel kext.

Oh wow! I made IOProbe = -1 on GenericUSBXHCI kext and now extra-current works on both Intel AND ASMedia ports. So now it's like:
Generic (-1) -> ASMedia (Generic) works + Intel (Apple native) works + extra-current works
Generic (1) -> ASMedia (Generic) works + Intel (Generic) works + NO extra-current
Native -> ASMedia (Generic) NOT works + Intel (Apple native) works + extra-current works

All devices USB2.0 and mounted on Hi-speed bus. Don't have usb 3.0 devices to test.

adeebm

adeebm

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
I have one issue to report. I have an RNX-N150 wireless adapter that I use. When I use it on an apple controlled USB2 port, it works fine. On a USB3 port, it still works(an improvement from before), but wireless speeds are very slow. I would assume this hase something to do with transfer rates.

--Adeeb

Zenith432

Zenith432

InsanelyMac Sage

• Developers
  • 416 posts
Anonymous03, lisai9093: Try booting with '-gux_defer_usb2'. It's possible that AppleUSBXHCI switches the ports to EHCI which is why you're not seeing these problems.

adeebm - Can you check if the wireless adapter uses isoch endpoints? run 'xhcdump slots', and then 'xhcdump endpoints slot#' on the wireless device. Thanks.

xelanaiznac: I don't have an opinion on the bestness of chipsets. 68x: I don't know how to make the system supply power during sleep.

Edited by Zenith432, 27 May 2013 - 06:16 PM.

xelanaiznac

xelanaiznac

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
@Zenith432

whic chipset do you think is the best? they are all 4 port usb3

-via vl800 (

http://www.sybausa.c...fo.php?iid=1188

)

-via vl805 (i can't find a pci express card nowadays)

-nec renesas (

http://www.newegg.co...=9SIA1DS0FR3984

)

-etron ej198 (

http://www.mmui.com....details392.html

) it must be the only 4x pci express, all the other cards are pci express x1

-fresco chipset

please help me

lisai9093

lisai9093

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Anonymous03, lisai9093: Try booting with '-gux_defer_usb2'. It's possible that AppleUSBXHCI switches the ports to EHCI which is why you're not seeing these problems.

adeebm - Can you check if the wireless adapter uses isoch endpoints? run 'xhcdump slots', and then 'xhcdump endpoints slot#' on the wireless device. Thanks.

xelanaiznac: I don't have an opinion on the bestness of chipsets. 68x: I don't know how to make the system supply power during sleep.

Problem solved! Thx! Now it can sleep without any problem. FYI, my laptop does not have any option about USB2 and USB3 ports, so changing kernel flag is the only option for me.

adeebm

adeebm

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
It seems to be working fine now. Strange.. Dump is below if you still want it:

Found a device of class GenericUSBXHCI: IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0/AppleACPIPCI/RP04@1C,3/IOPCI2PCIBridge/XHC1@0/GenericUSBXHCI
Endpoint 1, Type Control, State Running
Multiple 1, Interval 1 microframes, CErr 3, Max Burst 1, Max Packet Size 64
Average TRB Length 8, Max ESIT Payload 0
Endpoint 7, Type Bulk In, State Running
Multiple 1, Interval 1 microframes, CErr 3, Max Burst 1, Max Packet Size 512
Average TRB Length 512, Max ESIT Payload 0
Endpoint 8, Type Bulk Out, State Running
Endpoint 12, Type Bulk Out, State Running
Endpoint 26, Type Bulk Out, State Running

Ferrari513

Ferrari513

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello first off i wanted to say great job on this amazing project. this has been my first hackingtosh build and I think Ive done a good job on getting everything to work. all other usb 3.0 kexts and fixes i have used did not work. but this one work great all my ports work nothing freezes and or glitches. the only thing that doesn't work but seems to be a problem Ive read a lot on this post is my sleep is broken, when i actually click sleep it doesn't wake. works fine if i let the screen shut off and come back on and log on even logging on and off is great. and i do get this when i boot up using -v but it doesn't seem to be a problem and it loads. but I'll post some pics. oh and i have a p9x79 deluxe with asmedia 1042

https://skydrive.liv...DB0K7qO4tDwnpA

https://skydrive.liv...ADB0K7qO4tDwnpA

https://skydrive.liv...ADfOXgKW1Ye8M0Y

https://skydrive.liv...ACwNYh-THExBhsM

caitabrava

caitabrava

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello, thank you for this working usb3 kext. I have 1 problem, but when I boot the system, if there are any usb3 conected I have kernel panic, but if I unplug all usb3, then boot OK.
Any ideas??

Sorry for my bad english.

Dell inspiron N5110

Mountain lion 10.8.3

Thanks!!!

bisk

bisk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Great Project !

Finally a kext that allows me to use my USB3 port. All other solutions cause an immediate system freeze when the USB3 port is used.

Unfortunately, I am unable to wake from sleep with this kext installed even if I never use the USB3 port.

The laptop attempts to wake. The blinking amber light ceases, the screen quickly flashes and the optical drive churns, This is probably a KP that I am unable to see with the resulting black screen. The system log shows nothing but I'll turn on kext logging and report back if anything results from that.

This is on an Acer 5755-9401 with the NEC/Renesas chip running 10.8.3 and v1.2.1 of the kext.

I tried the -gux_nosleep and even the -gux_defer_usb2 even though it probably doesn't apply to my board.

An xhcdump for caps, running & bandwidth is attached.

I also have an Acer TimeLineX 3830TG with a very similar architecture. I will try that next and report back.
I imagine that the results will be equally similar. It'll be very interesting if the results differ.

Lemme know if there is anything that I can try from here to help figure this out.

Thanks in advance :)

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xHC, USB 3.0

8 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy