GenericUSBXHCI USB 3.0 driver for OS X with source

928 posts in this topic

My laptop is the same on my signature, an HP ENVY j100el, SMBIOS instead is a MacBook Pro 11,2. I don't know if could be useful for you, but here's a system info file that I made under Windows where you can find all of the specs of my laptop.

Envy J series repo/guide link: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-Envy-DSDT-Patch

Ok, I followed your guide on tonyxcam. Everything works fine until I need to execute command 

"cd ~/Projects/envy.git

./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh"

Terminal gives the following error

"fatal: destination path 'envy.git' already exists and is not an empty directory."

Then, if I go on another error at

"cd ~/Projects/envy.git

./disassemble.sh
make patch
make
make install"

./disassemble.sh: line 18: patchmatic: command not found

cp: ./native_linux/DSDT: No such file or directory

cp: ./native_linux/SSDT*: No such file or directory

cp: ./native_linux/dynamic/SSDT*: No such file or directory

chmod: ./tmp/*: No such file or directory

rm: ../unpatched/*.dsl: No such file or directory

./disassemble.sh: line 43: iasl: command not found

mv: rename *.dsl to ../unpatched/*.dsl: No such file or directory

Ok, I followed your guide on tonyxcam. Everything works fine until I need to execute command 

"cd ~/Projects/envy.git

./download.sh

./install_downloads.sh"

Terminal gives the following error

"fatal: destination path 'envy.git' already exists and is not an empty directory."[/size]

Then, if I go on another error at[/size]

"[/size]cd ~/Projects/envy.git

./disassemble.sh

make patch

make

make install"

./disassemble.sh: line 18: patchmatic: command not found[/size]

cp: ./native_linux/DSDT: No such file or directory

cp: ./native_linux/SSDT*: No such file or directory

cp: ./native_linux/dynamic/SSDT*: No such file or directory

chmod: ./tmp/*: No such file or directory

rm: ../unpatched/*.dsl: No such file or directory

./disassemble.sh: line 43: iasl: command not found

mv: rename *.dsl to ../unpatched/*.dsl: No such file or directory

You need to follow it from the beginning. The USB must be prepared according to the guide. You must boot from USB when running the post install steps (especially ./disassemble.sh). And running ./download.sh and ./install_downloads.sh succesfully is a prereq for the rest of the steps.

No idea without seeing what exactly you're typing and the output.

At any rate, troubleshooting your issues here is not correct. It is off-topic as this has nothing to do with GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

The link for feedback is provided in the README.

• 2 weeks later...

GenericUSBXHCI.kext should not be used on Yosemite+.

Use native AppleUSBXHCI.kext instead. May require DSDT patches and/or FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext.

I have Samsung laptop running 10.10.5/Clover  with Intel Core i7 3537U/HM75 rev. 04 and Renesas USB 3.0 controller 0x1912:0x0015 As far as you recommend not to use GenericUSBXHCI.kext, I used patches for AppleUSBXHCI.kext from here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/150-patched-appleusbxhci/ and it does work for me. However, I can't find a way how to recover usb drives after sleep. The only thing I found related to this problem is  InjectClockId in clover config. I switched this option on, but no effect. What else can be done to get rid of this problem?

Thank you, Dmitry

I have Samsung laptop running 10.10.5/Clover  with Intel Core i7 3537U/HM75 rev. 04 and Renesas USB 3.0 controller 0x1912:0x0015 As far as you recommend not to use GenericUSBXHCI.kext, I used patches for AppleUSBXHCI.kext from here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/150-patched-appleusbxhci/ and it does work for me. However, I can't find a way how to recover usb drives after sleep. The only thing I found related to this problem is  InjectClockId in clover config. I switched this option on, but no effect. What else can be done to get rid of this problem?

Thank you, Dmitry

This version do the work

IOUSBFamily 10.8.4 Slice+AnV with full AppleUSBXHCI support for any USB3 chip (V12)    

has anyone tried all the options for ASM1042 on 10.11 El Capitan like oyen/highpoint/caldigit kexts?

and is it not possible to apply the patches from      IOUSBFamily 10.8.4 Slice+AnV with full AppleUSBXHCI support for any USB3 chip (V12)     or simply replace the iousbfamily with a legacy patched one?

is there any hope for us ASUS users? =0( this chipset is used on a hell of a lot of boards.

is there any hope for us ASUS users? =0( this chipset is used on a hell of a lot of boards.

Yeah I am also really interested in a good solution for ASM1042 chipsets and 10.11 ... apart from buying a separate card of course.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Still nothing. I don't think Apple have released the source code yet.

And they've maybe sunk some money into Fresco Logic shares.

Ok... Damn, why did Apple have to pull this stunt and ruin it for us with non-Intel USB 3.0, smh

• 2 weeks later...

Still nothing. I don't think Apple have released the source code yet.

And they've maybe sunk some money into Fresco Logic shares.

Ok... Damn, why did Apple have to pull this stunt and ruin it for us with non-Intel USB 3.0, smh

Although I dreaded it, I conceded defeat and invested in the most likely solution

S8wXz8cl.jpg

No, this one has a VIA chipset.

Sorry I meant this one, I did not realize this company made the same card with a different chipset, very weird!!  I believe the one I just now linked may be the FL1100 chip and if so will that boot an OS from a USB flash drive?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/381043285559?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Now that Apple has released the source for OSX 10.11 hopefully the developers look into updating their drivers if at all possible!!

http://www.insanelymac.com/_/apple/apple-released-today-the-open-source-code-of-os-r1053

Sorry I meant this one, I did not realize this company made the same card with a different chipset, very weird!!  I believe the one I just now linked may be the FL1100 chip and if so will that boot an OS from a USB flash drive?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/381043285559?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Now that Apple has released the source for OSX 10.11 hopefully the developers look into updating their drivers if at all possible!!

http://www.insanelymac.com/_/apple/apple-released-today-the-open-source-code-of-os-r1053

Hmm it states "other Mac OS needs GenericUSBXHCI open source USB3.0 xHC driver" in the description. And as we know, that wont work with 10.11. I do not see the specific chipset mentioned. So maybe you just better go with one of the Inateck ones, they work fine (apparently all of them, including the 5 port + internal header version I have myself). Also has very mixed reviews, personally I would stay away from that.

• Like 1

Managed to get GenericUSBXHCI to "work" under 10.11 by manually copying headers from 10.10 SDK. No USB bus seen under System Information/USB, but devices attached to the USB 3.0 controller mount fine. I had to delete AppleUSBXHCI.kext in order to get GenericUSBXHCI to load. Attached is the (very hacky) source. See a few posts down for the GitHub link.

I probably won't work on this anymore at all, as I have no need to (have native Intel 7 Series xHCI), but I guess it could be useful for someone.

RozeLID.png

j7nk2K8.png

• Like 8

Hmm it states "other Mac OS needs GenericUSBXHCI open source USB3.0 xHC driver" in the description. And as we know, that wont work with 10.11. I do not see the specific chipset mentioned. So maybe you just better go with one of the Inateck ones, they work fine (apparently all of them, including the 5 port + internal header version I have myself). Also has very mixed reviews, personally I would stay away from that.

I just found out the model PME-4U is the Fresco Logic Chip FL1100.  Is that the chip used on the newer Mac Pros?  Anyhow I saw someone from another thread mentioned they had that one for 10.11 but never made too many comments on it is why I asked here.   I'll check out the Inateck for sure.