GenericUSBXHCI USB 3.0 driver for OS X with source

928 posts in this topic

We need try. 

Keep in mind that any change we make is forever. If it goes wrong, we try something else.

Extract your DSDT, and made 2 copies, 1 for tests and another with the patches that worked.

I give up! I updated the firmware with 131025 , i tryed all clover options.... no work! Usb controller is always present but the my usb3 dock is invisible at osx (with windows work) now not go anyway, usb port swap no longer work.... i tired....

ASM1042 worked fine here on both of my Asus boards. When I had Yosemite on my Z68 I had it working with a DSDT edit and the Oyen Digital kext. The downside to using this is it is only good for USB storage. Also ASM1042 is unusable with El Capitan right now.

On my X79 I'm using GenericUSBXHCI for the front ports on my case. I've never been able to use the rear ports as they're hub-attached and cause all sorts of hangs and console spam when enabled (regardless of the kext used).

ASM1042 worked fine here on both of my Asus boards. When I had Yosemite on my Z68 I had it working with a DSDT edit and the Oyen Digital kext. The downside to using this is it is only good for USB storage. Also ASM1042 is unusable with El Capitan right now.

On my X79 I'm using GenericUSBXHCI for the front ports on my case. I've never been able to use the rear ports as they're hub-attached and cause all sorts of hangs and console spam when enabled (regardless of the kext used).

I installed Oyen drivers but not find my asm1042 (normal is needed dsdt edit).... i have edited my dsdt with new "method" in rp02 and rp05 section but when i press return in clover screen the system go in kernel panic.... (acpi not found driver ecc....)

If the DSDT edit isn't working for you, another option is to edit the Info.plist inside mXHCD.kext and remove both instances of IOPCIMatch. This will allow it to load for the ASM1042 without injecting a fake ID via DSDT.

YES! Work! mXHCD work very good, no bootflag needed, no sleep problems and my usb dock is always see by osx! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Anywhere else to get this kext?  SourceForge seems to be dead at the moment...

In Clover's (SourceForge) works great, but in HWMonitor and GenericUSBXHCI not...

See the report:

Screen Shot 2015-07-17 at 3.48.02 PM.png

• Like 1

Hardware: MacBookPro6.1

Sonnet USB3 ExpressCard|34

Software El Captain Public Beta 1

my PCI express-card was working with Yosemite.

Tested with El Captain. not working. at Systeminformation it was shown, but Driver Installed: No. At USB it was not shown.

Original Sonnet driver was at Yosemite only 480 Mbit at USB3 Drive. The GenericUSBXHCI_1.2.7_for_Yosemite_14A329r was at 5 Gbit

Typ: USB eXtensible-Host-Controller

Treiber installiert: Nein

MSI: Nein

Bus: PCI

Steckplatz: ExpressCard

Hersteller-ID: 0x1033

Geräte-ID: 0x0194

Subsystem-Hersteller-ID: 0x16b8

Subsystem-ID: 0x5701

Versions-ID: 0x0003

Link-Breite: x1

Link-Geschwindigkeit: 2.5 GT/s

GenericUSBXHCI:

Version: 1.2.7

Zuletzt geändert: 26.07.15, 12:03

Paket-ID: net.osx86.kexts.GenericUSBXHCI

Geladen: Nein

Erhalten von: Nicht signiert

Art: Intel

Architekturen: x86_64

64-Bit (Intel): Ja

Kext-Version: 1.2.7

Ladbar: Nein

Fehler bei der Unterschriftenvalidierung: Nicht signiert

Abhängigkeiten: Erfüllt

Signiert von: Nicht signiert

Edited by FusselFux

managed it to get everything working, but after installing dp4 (i got error: "could not be installed"..) it seems to boot but the usb ports dont work so i cant use my keyboard+mouse to login to the 10.11 partition..

Z77X-UD3H here,

Just got clover going with this  new board. I noticed that after sleep, while kb/mouse does wake the computer, it doesn't wake the display. I have to press power button for it to turn on. Also, kb/mouse (maybe other devices as well) aren't responsive for about a good minute until after it wakes. 

Can someone point me in the right direction. I'm also new to Clover and it's expansive feature set. Always used Chameleon before with a  no fuss board (With appropriate dsdt edits) that got me from like SL to Mavericks.

Edit: Ok so after disabling CPU PLL overvoltage in BIOS, the display wakes as it should with a kb/mouse press when waking from sleep. (BTW is Clover the reason it takes like 10+ extra seconds for the computer to shutdown after the display goes blank? that's on top of what I think is already another 10 seconds from log-out to display sleep, grr)

• 1 month later...

I needed to delete GenericUSBXHCI (version 1.2.8d9) in order to enable my webcam. When it was installed on EFI drive, OS noticed no presence of my webcam and any time I needed to use my hard drive I needed to insert it on a port pull it out and in insert it on another port. But at least sleep was working quite good. Today I tried to delete GenericUSBXHCI on EFI drive and it worked, finally webcam is enabled and seems to work fine and my hard drive is finally available at any first try. But sleep is no more working as it used to. If a USB device is plugged in USB port, laptop doesn't go sleep, screen becomes black and I'm not able to do anything. There's no way to go back to session, restart is the only way. Instead if there's no USB device plugged in, screen becomes black but I can go back to session. Anyway in both cases laptop doesn't go sleep.

So what should I do? Can someone gives me an advice? Thanks. 

I must add that the same problems I have without GenericUSBXHCI, happen with this kext injected but without "-gux_defer_usb2" flag at boot. Nobody with a solution?

GenericUSBXHCI.kext should not be used on Yosemite+.

Use native AppleUSBXHCI.kext instead. May require DSDT patches and/or FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext.

• Like 2

GenericUSBXHCI.kext should not be used on Yosemite+.

Use native AppleUSBXHCI.kext instead. May require DSDT patches and/or FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext.

Thank you so much RahabMan, you're kind as always. I followed your advice and, EFI partition, I updated Fake kexts to 1.2.0 version, I added FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and deleted GenericUSBXHCI.kext. It seems to work, sleep work quite good and external hard drives now are recognized at first plug in and also remain connected after wake up from sleep, without any notice of wrong ejection. But webcam still is not even recognized. What can I do to enable it? Thanks for your patience!