GenericUSBXHCI USB 3.0 driver for OS X with source

928 posts in this topic

I uploaded v1.2.5 that works on both OS 10.8.5 and 10.9.  It is functionally the same as 1.2.5d5.

For Intel Series 7 chipsets (Z77, X79, etc), you should use "-gux_defer_usb2" kernel flag, as the bios sometimes causes conflicts.  This was mentioned several times in the thread.

Thanks Z,

Just want to say so far so good on 10.8.5. I have become quite dependent on this driver so thanks for updating, i couldn't go to 10.8.5 until USB 3.0 worked.

Cheers!

g\

ML 10.8.5, updated to GenericUSBXHCI.kext v1.2.5 - worked initially, but stopped working after one reboot. Didn't make any changes since that I can recall. 

Is there any documentation I can provide to help?

Just tried 1.2.6. No difference.

Hi,

well zenith 432, I can confirm this ticket apoorv. Tested with Intel Chipset Series 7 (Panther Point) and got the same result. I tried the kernel-flag (which wasn't necessary before), but no success.

I also tried 1.2.5 and 1.2.6d1

Anyway, keep up the good work :-)

Try a clean reinstall and rebuild kernelcache.

tar xvf GenericUSBXHCI_1.2.5.tar.gz
sudo chown -R 0:0 GenericUSBXHCI.kext
SLE=/System/Library/Extensions
sudo /bin/rm -rf $SLE/GenericUSBXHCI.kext
sudo /bin/mv GenericUSBXHCI.kext $SLE
sudo kextcache -system-caches
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

Edit: Oh, and if using 10.9DPx, you need to update the allowed version for GenericUSBXHCI in
/System/Library/Extensions/AppleKextExcludeList.kext/Contents/Info.plist
It only allows up to 1.2.4, so newer versions may be getting blacklisted.

well zenith 432, I can confirm this ticket apoorv.
Edited by Zenith432

Hi again,

just did what zenith432 wrote (removed the kext / rebuild the caches / reboot / installed again /rebuild the caches / reboot).

Well, the ports are still not recognized like before. The Driver is loaded, but behaves like the Apple Driver, when I do not load GenericUSB, which means: Bus is recognized, but non of my USB devices is mounted or recognized.

(I'm on 10.8.5)

Thanks friend! Now you can tell me how I edit this kext here to work also in the Mavericks? Follows the local kext: On OS 10.9, when installing GenericUSBXHCI, you need to edit the file /System/Library/Extensions/AppleKextExcludeList.kext/Contents/Info.plist and make sure GenericUSBXHCI is allowed up to the version you install.

Valeu amigo! Agora você pode me dizer como eu edito essa kext aqui pra funcionar também no Mavericks? Segue o local da kext: On OS 10.9, when installing GenericUSBXHCI, you need to edit the file /System/Library/Extensions/AppleKextExcludeList.kext/Contents/Info.plist and make sure GenericUSBXHCI is allowed up to the version you install.

I found a serious bug that would cause KPs with any USB3 drive that has a certain high-performance feature called streams endpoints.  If you've been experiencing KPs or freezes, get v1.2.6d2 and retry.

This fixed the system freeze when lacie disk is attached! bravo!!

g\

• Like 1

So I was tryin to fix my USB 3 on my hackintosh , I installed 3 new updated Kexts IOUSBAttachedscsi.kext shows up that it cannot be used. My mouse doesn't work on desktop , that's my problem , I only manged to get to desktop by using clover USB stick in safe mode . If anyone could help me fix my mouse id be so happy. Or how do I remove or replace those 3 USB Kexts ??

On 10.8.5 on clover efi

rest specs

z77 ds3h

i5 3570k oc

GTX 650 ti

Yea that's the thing tho ,my mouse doesn't work on desktop so how am I supposed to repair an delete the kexts ? I tried deletin a few at command promt at begging of login. I can't use mouse to repair , thank you so much if you can help me

Btw I did end up managing to delete IOUSBFamily.kext and IOUSBAttachedSCSI.kext, but now keyboard an mouse don't work :(

You probably don't want to just delete those. They're installed by OS X. If you are going to patch, modify ory replace kexts in S/L/E, always back them up so you can put them back if you mess something up. What OS are you on?

Yea that's the thing tho ,my mouse doesn't work on desktop so how am I supposed to repair an delete the kexts ? I tried deletin a few at command promt at begging of login. I can't use mouse to repair , thank you so much if you can help me

Try booting -x (safe mode) and see if your mouse is usable.