• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
I used modded (unlocked) BIOS because it offered to set HDD in AHCI mode, which is not available in standard BIOS, but I could easily revert to the standard one I guess.

My working patched DSDT is attached to the very 1st post above. That's the one I'm using with SL/L/ML.

Symptoms are as follows:
- computer goes to sleep Ok -> fan stops, screen goes off, power button goes blinking blue
- if I try to wake with keyboard/mouse/power button -> fan goes on again, power button goes solid blue, but the screen stays dark and the computer is not responding on the network

-> I guess it's not just a display wake issue, but a whole computer wake issue.

The only USB device attached to the Vostro200 is a BT dongle for keyboard and mouse; nothing else.

Thanks for looking, much appreciated.

MacNB

MacNB

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

I used modded (unlocked) BIOS because it offered to set HDD in AHCI mode, which is not available in standard BIOS, but I could easily revert to the standard one I guess.

The Dell 530 does not have an explicit AHCI mode in the BIOS but instead it has RAID..does the same job.
Did your original BIOS have that ? If so you could try it.

The only reason I suggestion to use the original BIOS is because your DSDT must be derived from teh BIOS you are using...hense all teh guidance in teh forums about not using other people's DSDT's

My working patched DSDT is attached to the very 1st post above. That's the one I'm using with SL/L/ML.

I looked at that and you have not applied the changes I did to make Sleep/Wake work.
I will try to compile it as is and if it compiles, I will make the mods for you to try.

Symptoms are as follows:
- computer goes to sleep Ok -> fan stops, screen goes off, power button goes blinking blue
- if I try to wake with keyboard/mouse/power button -> fan goes on again, power button goes solid blue, but the screen stays dark and the computer is not responding on the network

-> I guess it's not just a display wake issue, but a whole computer wake issue.

The more I think about it, more I think it's your display.
To test this, enable Sharing from system Pref and enable SSH. Then Sleep your system and then using another PC, SSH into your Vostro. If you do get a login prompt, you know the PC is awake but the screen is dead....pointing a sleep issue with the display driver.

What graphics card are you using ?

MacNB

MacNB

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
OK I have modified your DSDT ...I confess I am not a DSDT expert but can copy -n- paste and compile :)

Attached is your modified DSDT file with respect to sleep/wake functionality (to be same as mine Dell 530).

Look at the .DSL (source file) for the extensive changes I made. My changes are commented with my name so that you can find them.
There is also the compiled .AML file.
Summary of changes:

- Changed _PTS (Prepare To Sleep)
- Changed _WAK (Wake method)
- Changed USB devices. None of your USB devices were configured as built-in...this can affect sleep/wake
- Changed AZAL to HDEF
- CHANGED PX40 to LPC

Note you still have IDE devices....I deleted mine as I am not using them as I am (like you) using AHCI - SATA.

When you said you tried to copy my edits before, I am not sure how much or what you copied but I have done is modified what I think you need for sleep/wake to work plus a couple of minor changes to make your system look more like a Mac (as k3nny had suggested).

Copy the file herve-dsdt.aml to /Extra WITHOUT renaming it.
Then restart your system and get to the Chameleon/Chimera boot prompt.
Enter:

-v DSDT=/Extra/herve-dsdt.aml

That way, you can still keep your default DSDT while you are testing this new one.
If it fails, you can reboot without any boot parameters and it will boot using your existing dsdt file.

Let us know how you get on. Good luck.

Attached Files

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
also make sure its not the RTG206 driver isue with realtek lan.. if it has realtek.

i do suspect its his x1300.. or the bluetooth dongle.

the not sharing dsdt is sorta a hit or miss.. u can use others dsdt as long as u compare changes with yours. if the memory line is different.. change it to yours.

on the 200 /530 boards are foxconn ... the bios version from 1.1? to 1.18 does change a little somewhere (i forgot details)

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
As a little update, I've now changed the graphics to an nVidia GeForce GT610 (which works OOB in Lion and ML), but no change of behaviour for wake unfortunately.

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,514 posts
install the nvidia drivers ? for macpro

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
Why would I install other drivers when the card works out of the box with standard/default nVidia kexts?

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,514 posts
enjoy then.

ohh by the way what dsdt are u using ? inspiron 530 i worked on was tricky at first but that uses bios 1.10.18 not .16 which i think i had issues with wake in inspiron 530
until i flashed 18 and changed videocard

funny the dates are different for .16 bios hmm and fixes arent same.. i dont think its same bios.

also u are using 64 bit i never tried it .. i used 10.6.8 not 10.8.x

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Man, I started to look into it again as it really cheesed me off. After using your 1st DSDT from here: http://www.insanelym...-2#entry1800262, wake worked... but only once!... right after the restart.

Afterwards, the Vostro won't wake properly from subsequent sleep. I have to analyse the difference between those 2 DSDTs...

MacNB

MacNB

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Well...I am back  :D

I resurrected my trusted Dell 530 and freshly installed Mountain Lion (separate drive).

All gone well mostly.

This time I used Latin's trick and used ESB2 trick in the DSDT for the SATA and set the HDD mode to RAID (a.k.a AHCI).

Does seem faster to access - around 15%.

Took me couple of hours to have it up and running.

I had a USB3 card - cheapo one from ebay and the GeneriXCHI kext seems to work fine with it.

Sleep/Wake works fine...as long as I dont wake it via the Bluetooth mouse (which kills bluetooth completely).

The problem I am having is finding the audio kext that works with mountain lion.

I have tried AppleHDA from the MB guys (Toledo's legacy ALC888 kext). That provides sound but does not work after sleep (and also produces constant Assertions in the log ...every few seconds.

I tried various VoodooHDA but most only use my GT240 video card's HD audio (four of them).

I did find one from some Russian site that is version 2.7.6..FAT_ML something that uses both GT240 and the Onboard Audio.

But the MIC does not work....well it is picking up sounds but immediately playing it out...causing echo.

what is strange is Voodoo getdump utility says that my onboard audio is ALC888 but IOReg says that the device is Intel DeviceID 0x263e (not 0x888).

If you any of you guys have a working audio solution for teh Dell 530, please share.

Working means (1) works after sleep, (2) rear and front Mic inputs work, (3) No echo from Mic, and (4) preferably, auto switches to front output when headphones are plugged in). Not asking much  :wink_anim:

Edit: Attached my ML DSDT.

Attached Files

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
Just to confirm that I finally got wake working using LatinMcG Inspirons 530's DSDT. It's working flawlesly, it's brilliant. Thanks for your valable file sharing and contributions LatinMcG!

And many thanks to all of you who tried to help me on this annoying little issue, I really appreciate it.

MacNB

MacNB

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Just to confirm that I finally got wake working using LatinMcG Inspirons 530's DSDT. It's working flawlesly, it's brilliant. Thanks for your valable file sharing and contributions LatinMcG!

And many thanks to all of you who tried to help me on this annoying little issue, I really appreciate it.

Good to hear your success.

Does your audio work after waking from sleep ?

If so, do mind sharing the kext and DSDT you are using ?

Thx.

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Audio works after sleep yes, I'm simply using VoodooHDA. Works whether using the built-in ALC888 audio or HDMI audio out of my nVidia GT610.

Attached File  Vostro200ST_dsdt.aml.zip   5.81KB   29 downloads Attached File  VoodooHDA.zip   159.31KB   14 downloads

Note that I have the Vostro200 ST as detailed here. It includes a copy of my ML/Mav Extra (used in conjunction with a myHack installation).

d620osx

d620osx

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Thanks for sharing your files. Please can I ask if you are using ml or Mav on your vostro 200.

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

All! My Vostro 200 has got all recent OS X versions on a large HDD: SL 10.6.8/L 10.7.5/ML 10.8.5/Mav 10.9.1.

d620osx

d620osx

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

All! My Vostro 200 has got all recent OS X versions on a large HDD: SL 10.6.8/L 10.7.5/ML 10.8.5/Mav 10.9.1.

Thanks. Which one do you prefer?

I have ML 10.8.2 running on my one and thinking or updating to 10.9. Is it worth it or should I stick with ML.

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Difficult to answer...

'will always love SL for it performance, rapid boots, near instantaneous shutdowns, but showing it age now... I use it for various little dev' sort of work.

'least I like is Lion for some reason... hardly ever use it, except maybe for some tests...

I like ML and Mav and see little differences between the 2, both working very well and with better overall graphics rendering as far as I'm concerned.

d620osx

d620osx

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Thanks. Will stick with ML for now then.

MacNB

MacNB

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

[atachment=134910:Screen Shot 2014-01-16 at 00.03.51.png]

Audio works after sleep yes, I'm simply using VoodooHDA. Works whether using the built-in ALC888 audio or HDMI audio out of my nVidia GT610.

attachicon.gifVostro200ST_dsdt.aml.zip attachicon.gifVoodooHDA.zip

Note that I have the Vostro200 ST as detailed here. It includes a copy of my ML/Mav Extra (used in conjunction with a myHack installation).

Thx Herve. I tried your VoodooHDA (together with the HDA disabler) kexts but does not work for me.

I have a Zotax GT240 nvidia graphics card that has HDMI with audio and the voodooHDA just picks up the audio on the graphics cards instead of ALC888.

I did try with and without the HDEF section my DSDT but I did not remove Apple HDA on the assumption that the HDA Disabler kext takes care of that.

I my Sound Preference screen all I see is as in the attached pic:

Attached File  Screen Shot 2014-01-16 at 00.03.51.png   67.49KB   4 downloads

Any other ideas ?

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

You're not using any special nVidia kext that would force HDMI audio? I don't know if such kexts would exist though. Need to maybe check my BIOS for audio settings, but I can't remember of anything from memory...

Aye, I have audio controller enabled in BIOS settings. Do you?

http://forum.osxlati...ngs-vostro-200/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy