CeBit germany: Sapphire shows AMD 7950 Mac Edition ;)

mitch_de

17 posts in this topic

I was waiting for such cards from non Apple OEMs (like EVGA for some of the Mac cards). They get a bit more bargain compared to the PC market cards if they do EFI-BIOSed PC Gpus for Macs.

I dont know if they must "ask" Apple or also pay some fee to them to sell those cards to the Mac market.

For sure i think they will be sold not in the Apple Store.

EDIT: Added link to an video (german language).

• 3 weeks later...

CORRECTION: The Radeon HD 7950 is compatible with all existing Mac Pros from 2008 - 2012 (though Sapphire is officially specifying 2010 and after). It can run under Lion 10.7.5 and Mt. Lion 10.8.2 by installing special driver that comes on a disc. No special driver needed for 10.8.3.

Oh, boy, cannot we download these drivers already? :D

• Like 1

CORRECTION: The Radeon HD 7950 is compatible with all existing Mac Pros from 2008 - 2012 (though Sapphire is officially specifying 2010 and after). It can run under Lion 10.7.5 and Mt. Lion 10.8.2 by installing special driver that comes on a disc. No special driver needed for 10.8.3.

Oh, boy, cannot we download these drivers already? :D

No, I have been looking for 2 days.

• Like 1

i am sure that Mac card will not have any of the hackintosh specific probs. Think their EFI BIOS (Dual Bios Mac/PC ) usage will avoid such probs.

It's a puzzle

Снимок экрана 2013-03-27 в 14.46.52.png

• Like 5

It's a puzzle

post-112217-0-31508700-1364381397_thumb.png

LOL... leave your case open between reboots (Win 7/8 and OS X)

• Like 2