EVGA GTX 660 Ti SC [HELP needed before RMA]

Bansaku

2 posts in this topic

Greetings all! I am in need of some instructions on how you all have installed your 660 Ti, EVGA GTX 660 Ti SC in specific. I am no dummy when it comes to installation and troubleshooting, yet can not get my card working stable. I am seriously thinking of doing an RMA on the card. I don't want to, so before I do I will give it one last try.

What I am looking for is:

1) Which AGPM GPU device plist do I use, and what edits (if any, besides adding my device ID) are needed?

- I use Macmini6,2 SMBIOS with IGPU renamed to GFX0, and 680M plist from iMac13,2 renamed with device1183

2) Does Finder QuickLook work with your mp4 videos, and do HD videos in YouTube work alight?

- This only works if I have IGPU enabled in BIOS, otherwise the image is all pink and blocky followed by a System freeze

3) I would also like to know if your games are working ok and not crashing/freezing

- I am not looking for fps, just stability. I play only Diablo III, StarCraft 2, and WoW in OS X so your experience with any or all of them is appreciated.

So far Finder and Safari freezes are rare; they usually happen when I have a GPU crash aka

NVDA(OpenGL): Channel exception! exception type = 0xd = GR: SW Notify Error IOVendorGLContext::ReportGPURestart.

Last year at this exact time, shortly after I upgraded to a 6870HD, I had, if I recall correctly, almost the same exact problems. I RMAd the card and all was working perfect after the replacement. This is why I don't want to RMA yet another card, and desperately need help.

banghead.gif