Add audio in DSDT

Nanael

14 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I have two DSDT, the first one called DSDT.aml give me the sound but i lost my DVD Drive and the second one called "DSDT - no audio.aml" give me all perfect but without audio :(

Could someone help me to got the sound working with the second DSDT?

It's a conextant chipset ( I know it's not very cool :( )

Thx in advance !!

Archive.zip

Can you tell more about the hardware? It is obviously not the system in your signature.

I don't believe the problem is the DSDT. The only difference is a _DSM method in "DSDT - no audio" for device GFX0 which adds these properties:

"AAPL,HasPanel",
Buffer (0x04)
{
 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
},
"model",
Buffer (0x07)
{
 "GMA950"
}

Apparently you got two video cards: GFX0 and VGA - of which only one is active at a time. Maybe you added the _DSM method to the wrong one?

Yes for sure it's not the one of my signature ^^

Its a toshiba p100-160 with a gma950 ( laptop ), ich7, intel dual core and a conexant c59xxx ( I don't remember the end ^^ )

edit : Correction, thetwo DSDT give me sound.... But the both are giving the same result.... loosing my DVD drive :(

Edited by Nanael

I create a first one with dsdt auto patcher and when I saw that I lost the DVD drive I patched it with the same patch than befor but the same result. And if I don't use all patch, compilation failed :(

Cmon, you have to give some more info in your posts. How do you want people to help you if they don't know what you actually changed?

I don't know what patch you used for your DSDT and what changes it has made. Also how do you get two different results while using the same patch?

What does not work without this custom DSDT, except audio?

• Like 1

It just that I don't know what to say ;)

I'll give you the original dsdt and the list of the change I make when I come back home. Thx for your answer ;)

EDIT --------------------------------------------

Hello,

I have remake a new "DSDT mini" with the thing I need ( DTGP, gma950 laptop and HDEF ).

With this one, I got everything except the sound... ( My DVD drive is working)

I make a second DSDT with dSDT auto patcher and select Toshiba Qosmio x500 which is the only one to let me have the sound but lost the DVD Drive :(

In the archive there is to both DSDT and the screen on DSDT auto patcher.

Thx in advance!

Archive.zip

Edited by Nanael

The only big difference I see is a forced SBUS device-id and I don't believe you should use the one from the x500 model.

I haven't got much experience with laptops but could you upload a DarwinDumper result?

Maybe I will figure something out or someone else with more experience does.