http://olarila.com/f...php?f=27&t=1627

my comp restarts after this!

im using the method as in above as adived by one of the users

what shud i do?

plz help!

OS Name win 7 Ultimate

System Model MS-7529

System Type X86-based PC

Processor Pentium® Dual- E5400 @ 2.70GHz, 2699 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. V4.2, 10-08-2009

SMBIOS Version 2.6

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB

post-1133532-0-59965500-1361881780_thumb.png

Since that method linked is a distro install, it would be very difficult to tell you what may be the problem since it has modified many different files. if your restart is right after that line

System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext

which the distro does modify, it could either be a bad cache file, or an extension that in in the cache that causes problem once loaded. I think that distro rely on the cache to load needed hackintosh kexts, but you can try skipping cache loading by using -x and/or -f bootflags. If still and issue, since ML only has 64bit driver support, I would suggest first running Lion which can support 32bit. Once running Lion, you can check all hardware compatability for ML and use it to make a ML installer instead of Windows as well.

Since that method linked is a distro install, it would be very difficult to tell you what may be the problem since it has modified many different files. if your restart is right after that line

System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext

which the distro does modify, it could either be a bad cache file, or an extension that in in the cache that causes problem once loaded. I think that distro rely on the cache to load needed hackintosh kexts, but you can try skipping cache loading by using -x and/or -f bootflags. If still and issue, since ML only has 64bit driver support, I would suggest first running Lion which can support 32bit. Once running Lion, you can check all hardware compatability for ML and use it to make a ML installer instead of Windows as well.

thanks! but i had also tries ipc 10.5.6 even this restarts after

system/library/extensions.mkext

my post is there at http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286482-hfs-error-restart/

How did you make the installer?I mean did you use a Mac computer or a PC?This could be an issue with your disk permissions preventing kexts from loading.You could delete Extensions.mkext.

Boot with -f flag.That should ignore caches.

Your processor seems to support 64bit instruction sets.So it should work with 64 bit kexts.

its also mentioned in the reference thread you linked(http://olarila.com/f...php?f=27&t=1627).

Look at the step 2.

If you need, use TransMac to remove kexts which are causing problems (System/Library/Extensions) and use the flag -f (ignore caches) at boot, or remove /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext
)

I suggest you do that.

• Like 1

How did you make the installer?I mean did you use a Mac computer or a PC?This could be an issue with your disk permissions preventing kexts from loading.You could delete Extensions.mkext.

Boot with -f flag.That should ignore caches.

Your processor seems to support 64bit instruction sets.So it should work with 64 bit kexts.

its also mentioned in the reference thread you linked(http://olarila.com/f...php?f=27&t=1627).

Look at the step 2.

)

I suggest you do that.

thanks im a newbie

after i removed extensions.mkext, it stops on softraid.kext

can i remove that?

and with -f -v -x npci=0x2000 cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

it stops on iokit.kext

will it cause any problem

can i remove this?

thanks im a newbie

after i removed extensions.mkext, it stops on softraid.kext

can i remove that?

and with -f -v -x npci=0x2000 cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

it stops on iokit.kext

will it cause any problem

can i remove this?

Yes to softraid

No to IOkit

Your problem lies elsewhere, these are not the droids your looking for.

I think jabirbin's comment on permissions maybe something to look at, but I have no clue how to fix UNIX permissions from Windows if even possible. You tried a very old distro, and a very new distro. I can't believe I'm actually about to say this, but maybe try another distro *shutters*. An ISO that can be burned to DVD will not have any permission issues unless they were also present on the original image.

Some more system info. Is this a laptop or desktop? Are you using integrated GPU only? (if so, this may be a show stopper)

Yes to softraid

No to IOkit

Your problem lies elsewhere, these are not the droids your looking for.

I think jabirbin's comment on permissions maybe something to look at, but I have no clue how to fix UNIX permissions from Windows if even possible. You tried a very old distro, and a very new distro. I can't believe I'm actually about to say this, but maybe try another distro *shutters*. An ISO that can be burned to DVD will not have any permission issues unless they were also present on the original image.

Some more system info. Is this a laptop or desktop? Are you using integrated GPU only? (if so, this may be a show stopper)

im using a desktop yes integrated gpu only

were do i find shutters distro because i googled it and didnt find any link

i had removed the iokit and was continuosly facing problem from system.kext i removed 3 diff files from there

and i didnt understand the show stopper joke (if it was!)

im using a desktop yes integrated gpu only

were do i find shutters distro because i googled it and didnt find any link

i had removed the iokit and was continuosly facing problem from system.kext i removed 3 diff files from there

and i didnt understand the shop stopper joke (if it was!)

LOL, the "shutters" is what I was doing when I wrote that. I'm not a fan of distros. The show stopper was not a joke, depending on what GPU chipset it's using, and if there is any support for it (i.e. x3100) it will be 32bit only and Mountain Lion will be out of the question. So more info would help. The MS-7529 can refer to a couple different models/configurations like g31m3-f or g31m3-L

You can look here to see what some people did to get it working back in the day :)http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/163142-1056-on-msi-g31m3-f/