Which laptop wireless/bluetooth card?

Crabhunter

10 posts in this topic

I have just about got there with my Acer V5-171, just wireless and bluetooth to go.

I think my card is a duel wireless and bluetooth.

It is an Atheros AR9462 which doesn't appear to be supported.

I'm quite happy to open it up and change the card but I'd like to know which replacement to get.

Any ideas?

The notebook is 11.5inch so quite small.

Mike

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that, two questions though.

1. I assume that my laptop has mini pci connection, some of the apple especially the wireless/bluetooth look like they might be some sort of apple connector.

2. I also run win8 and ubuntu, are there drivers for those OSs?

Mike

They are mini PCIe, but check your laptop doesn't use the 1/2 size mini PCIe. Windows and linux are fine, they run on real Macs. Whatever model number you find, like ARXblahxxblah, just google and search here to see any info, problems, comments others may have before you buy,

post-379862-0-60541600-1361881636_thumb.jpgWell I've opened the laptop up and I'm guessing this is a half size card, Macbook air cards will not fit by the look of things so,

can anyone recommend a combination wireless/bluetooth card that will fit my laptop and be compatible with 10.8.2.

I'm not too bothered if bluetooth doesn't work as long it has bluetooth that I can use in windows or linux.

Mike

OK I've just ordered an Atheros AR5B93.

I know it doesn't have bluetooth but I have a very small bluetooth dongle that works with osx and for the few times I use it I can live without it.

So fingers crossed by the end of the week I will have a fully working Acer V5-171 :)

Mike.

• Like 1