drrichar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
CPU: Intel Atom N2600 Dual Core; 1.6 Ghz; Cedar Trail
IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers: Intel NM10 Express Chipset
Graphics: Intel GMA 3600 Series
Network Adapters: Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter; Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter #2

I have only been able to get it to boot with the Empire series of boot loaders
I have not been able to install OS 10.5.5 (Mach Kernel not found); 10.6 or 10.6.7 (No DSDT found or missing). Tried booting the installer withPCIRootUID=1 and GraphicsEnabler=0, but it made no difference.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts
Hi!

With your graphics, OSX would be a P.I.T.A. to install and will never get acceleration (the famous QE/CI), but if you want to try anyway, use Mountain Lion, since your CPU is 64-bit and should support it. Follow this guide [Guide] The all-in-one guide to Vanilla OS X Mountain Lion + Chameleon + DSDT for beginners. with this extra step: download newest chameleon package from www.kexts.com, install the package making sure that, under customization, you check the kernel patcher module so it boots on your Atom CPU.

Post results here, so we can effectively help you.

Best regards!

drrichar

drrichar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I truly appreciate your reply and advice, but I am pretty sure mine is only 32 bit and not 64 bit, so if I am not overlooking something, I appear to be stuck with 10.6.2 ( or .3) and below with my Atom I think. Honestly, even if it is a {censored} experience, I have been at this for a month now and just want to succeed and have the install happen just to say I did it and set it aside!

I stand corrected. I must have been confused by the 32 bit Windows 7 starter it came with. Specs are it is 64.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts
If it's really a N2600 (not an older Atom, like the N270), it does support 64-bit. Look: http://ark.intel.com...M-Cache-1_6-GHz)

Try Mountain Lion: people tend to underestimate how nice the user experience you can get with an Atom CPU, as long as you respect its limitations. The caveat, as i said, is that your graphics are not supported, but they won't be supported by any iteration of OSX, and if you want to try OSX, try the latest and greatest. Xcode's going to work nice and sweet.

Best regards!

drrichar

drrichar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Unfortunately at this point it won't even boot off of the USB constructed Lion install drive. I am wondering if I need to follow the advice of some and make it formatted mbr instead of journaled. I will try that next. However, there is some ambiguity in selecting the necessary items/software because of so many different versions available. One has to take a guess oftentimes, so who knows if I have the correct chameleon loader or not. Lastly, one has to guess on which mac to make it look like when running the chameleon manager and who knows if I guessed correctly there. I guess that is what makes this all fun right?

drrichar

drrichar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Still not able to boot from the USB drive. Booting from another loader, trying to install Lion off of the USB results in the following kernel panic:

Attached Files

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 3,024 posts

If it's really a N2600 (not an older Atom, like the N270), it does support 64-bit. Look: http://ark.intel.com...M-Cache-1_6-GHz)

Try Mountain Lion: people tend to underestimate how nice the user experience you can get with an Atom CPU, as long as you respect its limitations. The caveat, as i said, is that your graphics are not supported, but they won't be supported by any iteration of OSX, and if you want to try OSX, try the latest and greatest. Xcode's going to work nice and sweet.

Best regards!

hi

yes, on the paper, it's a 64bit proc but Intel had disabled the 64bit instruction (EMT64) so it stays a 32bit proc. :wallbash:

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts

hi

yes, on the paper, it's a 64bit proc but Intel had disabled the 64bit instruction (EMT64) so it stays a 32bit proc. :wallbash:

Such a pity! Both Atom CPUs i tried with OSX (the 450 and the 330) support 64-bit just fine.

Best regards!

jaybain

jaybain

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Still not able to boot from the USB drive. Booting from another loader, trying to install Lion off of the USB results in the following kernel panic:

Did you ever get past this? Like you, I've tried just about every bootloader and OSX version, with just about every boot argument, without success. I can't even get the installer to load.

Frustrating, as I have built two Hacks already, but this one on with an NM10 Express chipset seems to be eluding me. Let me know, if you would. Thanks!

Hoang Quan

Hoang Quan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Help me to install Osx86 on my Eee, it has Atom n2800 supported EMT64 with Bios mod.

MADDUE

MADDUE

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hallo Everybody:

I have An Asus EEE Pc 1025C too like drrichar but just a very little hardware differences. This is are:

CPU: DualCore Intel Atom N2800 MHz (14 x133)

Chipset Tiger Point NM10, Intel Cedarview 

BIOS: AMI (04/16/2012)

BIOS Versión DMI: 1025C.1001

Motherboard: ASUSTek Computer INC.

Audio Adapter: Intel Cedarview HDMI NM10 Realtek ALC269 Intel NM10 ICH

So, I´m a rookie in hackintosh and i don´t know which mac os versión is better for my netbook. This is the mean reason because i need all your help. I will wait you answers.Thank you so much. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy