dual screen arrangement VGA/HDMI

d-track

4 posts in this topic

Got an Asus 6450 and works OOB on 10.6.8 (except hdmi audio).

I use a monitor via VGA as my main display and a TV via hdmi for watching movies (thats why i bought the card mainly).

The problem is the TV detected as the main display and the monitor as seondary plus even if i switch off the TV it' still detected. That means i have no dock on the monitor so it is quite unusable. i tried to swap the arrangemenent but it doesn't affect the main/secondary issue regarding the dock. Unplugging the hdmi solves the situation but i really dont wanna go that route obiviously. Is there any option (like in Windows) i can configure and enable/disable my displays properly?

Or is it common with real macs also?

Is there any progress in Lion or ML since then (in case i consider upgrading but i really like SL).

Thanks for the input guys!

Indeed, thanks! This is a half step ahead. But the primary/secondary issue still persist. If i dont't want to use the TV, click mirroring displays. but mirroring means the TV gets mirrored, not the monitor. because of different resolutions and aspect ratios the image is distorted.

Another weird thing is when i set the tv to its native 1360x768 then picture is sharp but colors are washed out. When i choose 720p the colors are vibrant but image is less sharp.

Monitor is LG 19" 4:3 at 1280x1024, TV is also LG but 42" 16:9 and 1360x768