I just built my first Hackintosh and it's looking good so far. The board is a Gigabyte Z77MX-D3H, the CPU a i5-3570K and the potential graphics card a Gigabyte GTX 650 Ti.
I made the install of Mountain Lion and the update to X.8.2 just fine using the HD 4000. Now, what would be the correct procedure to install the graphics card? I already installed the NVidia Retail drivers (304.00.05f02).
- Can I now just put the GTX in, transfer the DVI monitor from the HD 4000 to the GTX, boot and done?
- Do I have to activate the graphics card in the Gigabyte motherboard BIOS (Internal Gfx to PEG)?
- Do I have to edit the chamelion boot plist a la GraphicsEnabler=Yes or GraphicsMode=1680x1050x32?
- Do I have to repair disc permissions or use kext utility at any point?
Thanks for you help
1) Currently I got no sound, since not patched AppleHDA or VoodooHDA is installed. Onboard audio is the VIA VT2021. Just install VoodooHDA 2.8.2 and good to go?
2) The USB2 ports work, but the USB3 don't in any way. I assume that's because I use the MacPro 3,1 definition. I don't really need USB3. But should I change the definition to iMac 12 or 13 anyway?
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users