Test to find out is my video card works 100%

defuse

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I just installed a Gigabyte GT 640 on a GA-EP45-UD3P motherboard. I have the drivers installed through nVidia and everything seems to be working. I'm currently running it through dual dispaly (HDMI + DVI).

Well is there some sort of test like Prime 95 or something to know that my card works fine or I will just have to find an issue down the road and fix it?

post-118424-0-35663700-1361594506_thumb.png

Well the general test to see if QE/CI is working is documented here. I believe that the same test applies for Mountain Lion. This is the main issue with graphics card on a hackintosh.

Prime95 is a stress tester, and won't give you much information beyond whether your system is stable.

Some other general tests:

1) Check System Information to make sure that everything looks good in the graphics department.

2) In System Preferences, take a look at "Display(s)" and see what resolution options you have. If you're running a 1920x1080 monitor and OSX is displaying at this res, this is a good sign all is right.

3) Try playing a DVD. Any playback issues?

4) Try installing Steam for Mac and give one of their demos a try. Gaming performance on OSX will almost certainly be less than what it is on Windows, but it's worth a shot.

The above tests are good for general info - apart from OSX updates you don't need to worry too much about issues down the road.

Hope this helps!