• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

defuse

defuse

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hi, I just installed a Gigabyte GT 640 on a GA-EP45-UD3P motherboard. I have the drivers installed through nVidia and everything seems to be working. I'm currently running it through dual dispaly (HDMI + DVI).

Well is there some sort of test like Prime 95 or something to know that my card works fine or I will just have to find an issue down the road and fix it?

Attached Files

WhatTheTech

WhatTheTech

Macmodder Addict

• Retired
  • 458 posts
Well the general test to see if QE/CI is working is documented here. I believe that the same test applies for Mountain Lion. This is the main issue with graphics card on a hackintosh.

Prime95 is a stress tester, and won't give you much information beyond whether your system is stable.

Some other general tests:

1) Check System Information to make sure that everything looks good in the graphics department.
2) In System Preferences, take a look at "Display(s)" and see what resolution options you have. If you're running a 1920x1080 monitor and OSX is displaying at this res, this is a good sign all is right.
3) Try playing a DVD. Any playback issues?
4) Try installing Steam for Mac and give one of their demos a try. Gaming performance on OSX will almost certainly be less than what it is on Windows, but it's worth a shot.

The above tests are good for general info - apart from OSX updates you don't need to worry too much about issues down the road.
Hope this helps!

defuse

defuse

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Thanks!

The ripple effect works fine so QE/CI works. The DVD player wont launch but I think there is a tutorial on how to fix it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy