Show us your workspace!

WhatTheTech

12 posts in this topic

Ok everyone, it's time to post your battlestations! I did an extensive search, and couldn't find a thread for this, so here we go.

I'll get us started. This is a desk that I built out of some wood and some of that cheap-o white furniture you get at places like Target and Ikea. I needed a space to work on my computer, work ON computers, and finally have enough room to spread my arms out so they would stop hurting after hours in the office.

desk_zps1d4f83f0.jpg

Now YOU.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

man.. I gots a ghetto worksapce compared to y'all!

both together... G5 mod on the left, HP Pavilion DV-5 on the right

show your workspace 1.jpg

nuthin special here, just the stock Win7

show your workspace 2.jpg

Win7 boot, 10.6.8 VirtualBox, 10.8.2 VMWare Player

show your workspace 3.jpg

• Like 2

Designed it myself. Manufactured by different contractors (frame by one company, desktop by the other). One unit out.

post-663344-0-58621900-1361591606_thumb.jpg

post-663344-0-09913500-1361591663_thumb.jpg

post-663344-0-25903800-1361591685_thumb.jpg

Flooring is amazing!

You really should thing about investing in some more mac products - I don't think you have enough :D

Side note: how do you feel about the quality of the older Apple Cinema Displays in 2013? They're a lot cheaper than the aluminum or newest ones...

For me the acrylic 23" display is OK. I bought several broken or uncompleted and fix two of them, sold one and kept the other. I still have one with the LCD defect.

Regarding the Apple products, I have some to fix if and when I will get the time. One defect Cube, (one is working), parts to build a third one, Mobo and case missing. Two Apple IIe not functioning. An iMac G5, with the bad capacitors.

With Nvidia 8800 GTS @ 1920x1200 resolution, I am fine.

Flooring is amazing!

Yeah, and quite easy to care after (I hate cleaning the place too often). :)

@Baudouin

You have a nice desktop PC (the motherboard on the table). A motherboard taken out of a case does work better IMO :)

Edited by 3.14r2

• 3 weeks later...

Ok everyone, it's time to post your battlestations! I did an extensive search, and couldn't find a thread for this, so here we go.

I'll get us started. This is a desk that I built out of some wood and some of that cheap-o white furniture you get at places like Target and Ikea. I needed a space to work on my computer, work ON computers, and finally have enough room to spread my arms out so they would stop hurting after hours in the office.

desk_zps1d4f83f0.jpg

Now YOU.

" Let's get some new furniture from IKEA, then i will hammer a counter onto it!"

Love it, nicely done. :)

Those apple logo's on the 6th post, damn :D

Also, i hate you guys, all of you, here i am, laying in bed with my laptop -_-

• 4 months later...

So I finally got around to getting a better workspace. My last setup (see above) was quite ghetto. Now the only thing about my workspace that is ghetto is the apartment that its in! I had to modify the desk in the picture because the space for the PC tower wasn't tall enough for a G5 tower (go figure!) so I raised the shelf that my primary display is on. My setup might seem a little backwards, but it works well for me. My primary display is a Sony PlayStation 3D display and my secondary is a Samusung SyncMaster connected via DVI. My laptop (which is new!) is a Toshiba Satelitte S70 running an i7 Haswell chip, connected to a docking station that also allows me to use the Primary and Secondary displays -- as well as the internal panel if I choose. My Onkyo receiver has 8 HDMI inputs with the ability to display AND upscale to 4K. All I lack now is the 4K monitor since both the AMD video card in my Hackintosh and the nVidia video card in my laptop can output 4K.

I took several pics - some with flash and some without. The videos playing are running on the Mountain Lion 10.8.2 VMWare Virtual Machine, and the desktop displayed on the secondary monitor is the laptop's.

workspace1.JPGworkspace2.JPG

workspace3.JPGworksapce4.JPG

workspace5.JPG