• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Agostino9446

Agostino9446

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Filenvram don't work in yosemite...if i put it in modules folder i can't boot up system from hdd

raintomato

raintomato

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

me too, i can't reboot from hdd if i activate the module. how can i disable it in the boot menu?

ncmontas

ncmontas

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

updates???

ummd

ummd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

When I reboot, a new nvram.xxx.plist is not being created.

The module loads, I can use nvram -x -p at the command line. 

Any ideas on how to generate a new one?

sebus

sebus

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

ML 10.8.5 with Chimera 3.0.1

My value of ROM changes randomly on every reboot.

Which stops me accessing iMessage & Facetime.

I apply:

sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM=xxxxxxxxxxxx

and on reboot this value changes to something else completely, and same on each reboot

Also the bug (reported) https://public.xzenu...w_bug.cgi?id=19

definitely exists. Facetime works with empty ROM, but iMessage does not

sebus

ncmontas

ncmontas

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

does the development of fileNVRAM is already dead for chameleon?

pkdesign

pkdesign

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Not sure if this will help anyone but FWIW:

I boot using a USB thumbdrive. In trying to track down Messages and Facetime issues I realized that FileNVRAM was not writing the nvram.xx.plist to the /Extra folder on the USB thumbdrive. I had to manually create the /Extra folder on the root of my hard drive, reboot, copy the plist that was created in that folder to the /Extra folder on the USB thumbdrive. After rebootintg the MLB and ROM values stayed constant. That allowed me to call Apple and get the block removed. Now Messages and Facetime  work perfectly. I was able to delete the /Extra folder on the root of my hard drive and everything continues to work.

Thanks to all the hard work these developer do!

cuthead

cuthead

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:music,beauty,computer,internet,jogging,fitness,delicious food

Installed the FileNVRAM.dylib to /Extra/modules/ but nvram.uuid.plist doesn't auto create,why?

crushers

crushers

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh,Windows,Linux and any more OS

Installed the FileNVRAM.dylib to /Extra/modules/ but nvram.uuid.plist doesn't auto create,why?

This is good.Your NVRAM.dylb now work.

Onixs

Onixs

Since 2007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

:no: 

cuthead

cuthead

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:music,beauty,computer,internet,jogging,fitness,delicious food

This is good.Your NVRAM.dylb now work.

I think I need I use nvram.uuid.plist to save nvram settings.sudo nvram to set variable,after restart it doesn't save.I think it doesn't work.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,981 posts
It won't work with Yosemite, that's old news: why people still insist? Unless meklort or cosmo1t say otherwise, FileNVRAM development is stalled. Chameleon based systems won't be supporting iMessage for now. Most important, uni-multi-tools based systems won't do it too: because I really think the growing demand for a Chameleon based solution these past couple of days is because now Voldemort support Yosemite, and since they don't really develop anything, their smarter users end up finding their way here and simply cannot accept their beast-configured machines won't be the Mac clones Voldemort's horcruxes let them think they would.

tom5151

tom5151

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

It won't work with Yosemite, that's old news: why people still insist? Unless meklort or cosmo1t say otherwise, FileNVRAM development is stalled. Chameleon based systems won't be supporting iMessage for now. Most important, uni-multi-tools based systems won't do it too: because I really think the growing demand for a Chameleon based solution these past couple of days is because now Voldemort support Yosemite, and since they don't really develop anything, their smarter users end up finding their way here and simply cannot accept their beast-configured machines won't be the Mac clones Voldemort's horcruxes let them think they would.

Doesn't seem to be totally stalled...

https://public.xzenu...EWS&rev=3&peg=3

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,981 posts

That's undoubtedly great news! More so that meklort and cosmo1t actively support OSX86, than the fact Chameleon users will be able to use OS X to full extent.

fusion71au

fusion71au

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Doesn't seem to be totally stalled...

https://public.xzenu...EWS&rev=3&peg=3

I hope for chameleon users you're right.  However looking at the date of that news, it was from January 2014 and nothing publically announced since then.  Remember Yosemite DPs were released in June....

wolfie81

wolfie81

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Hahahaha. It took me a little while to 'get it'. I am one of those users who you could say...' saw the light some few months ago and jumped off the sinking ship.

ncmontas

ncmontas

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

This will be a great news to chameleon users.

https://public.xzenu...mplate=BlueGrey

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,148 posts

I'm having a strange issue with FileNVRAM.dylib.

Chameleon + FileNVRAM compiled from svn. I tried older versions of FileNVRAM but they all do this:

Attached File  Screen Shot 2015-01-26 at 2.10.50 AM.png   85.33KB   0 downloads

No .plist file extension (file name is too long?) several nvram files, always with "DriversPackage" in the filename.

The Platform UUID is constant across reboots so it's not that.

This is on App Store 10.7.5 in 32-bit kernel and drivers mode on a Thinkpad T61, T8100 CPU, Santa Rosa platform.

/EDIT

Works now with latest Chameleon 2.3 svn.

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,148 posts

"nvram.f0c3e200-f053-ff00-f053-ff00f054ff00.plist" <-- doesn't that look wrong?

The module is loading, I can sudo nvram MyVar=blabla and read it back with nvram -p. But after a reboot it's gone and boot args too.

There is no Platform UUID variable.

Hardware UUID in System Profiler is consistent across reboots and looks like a real UUID.

system-id in ioreg IODeviceTree/efi/platform as well.

I tried setting SMsystemuuid in smbios.plist with a uuidgen generated UUID but it didn't help.

Chameleon+nvram.dylib from latest Chameleon svn on a Lenovo Thinkpad T61 running 32-bit 10.7.5.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chameleon, module, nvram, xzenue, messages

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy