• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

n0t

n0t

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi All ! (Excuse my poor english, i'm French !)

I'm asking your opinion.

My plan: Get the most powerful Osx86 configuration available on the market today, with an unlimited budget, to vidéo editing (2000$ - 8000$).

The reason: Latest Mac Pro are beginning to be less efficient and are still not equipped with Thunderbolt. In addition, Apple announced the probable end of this model in europe.

use:
- Video editing (Final Cut 7 & 10)
- Sound editing (ProTools etc.)
- Music- Not to play game.Prerequisites:
- Thunderbolt- Firewire 800 or 400.
- At least 16 GB of RAM.- A maximum of Silence (100% passive?)
- A config equivalent or more powerful than a Mac Pro (config max - http://store.apple.c.../family/mac_pro)
- 100% functional with latest version of Mac OS and latest update.

I've not found a motherboard with 2011 socket AND Thunderbolt, I will probably have to fall back on a motherboard in 1155. Ditto for the Firewire 800, which does not fit all motherboards.

I am convinced that this place is where I could get the best advice / quote for this kind of machine.

For the moment, I move into i7-3930K + MB with X79 + 32GO @2133Mz + 4 SSD Disks. but you probably even better idea!

When choosing the config will be done, I will send you news about the construction of this great hackintosh.

Thank you all in advance !

P.S.: if a nice moderator wants to correct my grammar, he does not hesitate!

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,944 posts
Hi! Comment allez vous?

Well, both the i7 3930K and the X79 are LGA2011, so no thunderbolt for this setup, as far as i know. What i recommend to you is:

I7 3770K - Gigabyte Z77-UP5-TH dual thunderbolt - AMD 7970 (working with Rampage Dev's guide: http://rampagedev.wo...g-with-full-qe/) - PS Corsair (i like the brand, but use which you trust more), minimum of 700W (1000W would be ideal) - WiFi TPLinh TL4800 - Any water cooling solution of your choice for overclocking.

Best regards!

n0t

n0t

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy