Kernel Panic (I think)

ChrisHRWilliams

17 posts in this topic

Hi there, hope you can help me with this one.

I followed the instructions which are perfectly written and managed to install OSX ML. So far so good. Great I thought, here we go but when I try to boot into the hard drive I get what I believe is a kernel panic. I used the -v option and then took a screen shot with my iphone which I attach here (sorry about the flash, this was the best of 10 I took with & without flash)

My system is

ASUS P8H61-M LX2 Motherboard

Intel i5 Processor

ASUS NVidia Geforce GT630 Graphics

8GB RAM

Seagate Barracuda 1TB hard drive

Please can you help. I have tried everything I can based on the help files on the forum but nothing seems to work.

I wonder if it is to do with my MB Bios?

Thanks to anyone out there willing to help out a newbie

Chris

post-1134287-0-27159900-1361390924_thumb.jpg

Hi Chris,

Put Nullcpupowermanagement.kext and FakeSMC.kext in /Extra/Extensions folder of Installation USB (if /Extensions folder does not exist, create it).

Reboot with -v -f

Agree. Also add UseKernelCache=No DropSSDT=Yes GeneratePStates=Yes GenerateCStates=Yes

Until you can patch the AICPUPM.kext (using AICPMPatch to write operations to MSR 0xE2).

or get the MSR asus cpu power management patched bios (if available.. try biosrepo.wordpress)

also u might need SSDT.aml generated with a script for your cpu.

Absolutely Agree. See this post 481, 482, 485 and 487 for reference about the problem that affect many factory SSDT tables, and the fix by RevoGirl.

Good Luck.

Hi there, hope you can help me with this one.

I followed the instructions which are perfectly written and managed to install OSX ML. So far so good. Great I thought, here we go but when I try to boot into the hard drive I get what I believe is a kernel panic. I used the -v option and then took a screen shot with my iphone which I attach here (sorry about the flash, this was the best of 10 I took with & without flash)

My system is

ASUS P8H61-M LX2 Motherboard

Intel i5 Processor

ASUS NVidia Geforce GT630 Graphics

8GB RAM

Seagate Barracuda 1TB hard drive

Please can you help. I have tried everything I can based on the help files on the forum but nothing seems to work.

I wonder if it is to do with my MB Bios?

Thanks to anyone out there willing to help out a newbie

Chris

use this

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285444-pmpatch-uefi-patching-utility/

• Like 1

Hi there, thanks everyone for your great suggestions. I managed to copy the kext files across OK and then booted up again.

Unfortunately I did not get what I was hoping for and so am looking for some more advice please.

When I boot using the onboard graphics of my MB (ASUS P8H61-M LX2) it all looks to be going well. I boot past the grey Apple logo screen and then I get to a full grey screen with a mouse pointer which then turns to the rainbow swirly circle and that's how it stays until I switch it off.

If I boot using my graphics card (ASUS NVidia Geforce GT630) then it all just goes blank and switches off and I get a lost signal from my screen even though the PC is still switched on.

Can anyone help?

Would really appreciate some advice again to get me to the promised land of Mountain Lion Hackintosh

Thanks.

Chris

Hi all,

Well I tried all of the above suggestions from LatinMcG and Carbo178 but without success. I still boot to a full grey screen (past the one with the Apple logo) and am left with a mouse pointer that then turns to the spinning rainbow. I used -v and post below the screen shots just before it hangs.

Can anyone help to diagnose the problem? I am determined not to be defeated!!

Thanks

Chris

post-1134287-0-17748600-1361557785_thumb.jpg

post-1134287-0-03635000-1361557908_thumb.jpg

Are you sure you installed the FakeSMC extension? I don't see any verbose output of it in your photos. This is the base for Hackintoshes. Without it nothing will work.

Also make sure you are not using KernelCache as already posted.

If not, try the newest version from this branch: https://bitbucket.or...nsors/downloads (just the FakeSCM.kext for now).

strange it says ACPI STATE [s0,S1,S2,S3,S4,S5]

also u might need to roll back IOPlatformPlugin and the videocard is not using a profile .. what smbios u using..MacBookPro7,1 ? try Imac12,1

what does your /Extra folder look like??

u will need SSDT.aml made for that cpu/board.

is bios patched MSR for Native power management ? doubt it.

http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/asus/h61/

im glad i kept Lion and gave up on mountain.