• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

AbstrakNoir

AbstrakNoir

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Right now the highest refresh rate I can get is 60hz. Is there any software that will allow me to output more than that? If not, is there a way to manually edit anything to get higher than 60hz?

Some info about what I'm using is in my signature. I've searched all over without finding a solution. I've tried SwitchResX but it does not work.

Can anybody help me?

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,907 posts
Did you try using another connector than HDMI?

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,111 posts
I believe 120 Hz doubling is post-processing done by the TV itself, after it receives whatever signal you're feeding it. It's most likely not capable of actually receiving 120Hz video.

AbstrakNoir

AbstrakNoir

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Did you try using another connector than HDMI?

If you are referring to DVI, Thunderbolt, and so on, then yes. I have tried all connections possible. I am trying to d=get the "Soap Opera" effect with my Blu ray movies.

I believe 120 Hz doubling is post-processing done by the TV itself, after it receives whatever signal you're feeding it. It's most likely not capable of actually receiving 120Hz video.

Yes. Thank you. I have actually read this multiple times during my searching. I just can't figure out why my TV is not giving a high refresh rate with my Mac Mini. i Look at other TV's in comparison with mine and my eyes can surely see the difference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy