Kernel panic at Apple logo - Hazard 10.6.2

Naxx

22 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I installed Snow Leopard 10.6.2 successfully but at Apple logo, after reboot, a kernel panic appears and it can't boot.

I have:

- Intel Pentium D Dual Core 925 3.0 Ghz

- Motherboard Acer E415SM

- NVIDIA GeForce 7500 LE 128 mb

- RAM DDR2 1,5 gb

Could someone help me?

Do you need a picture of the error too?

Thanks for any answer,

Naxx

If I try to boot with -f -x -v GraphicsEnabler=No I obtain this:

Ok, i'll try to delete that kext!

Ok, I stll get the same error even after I deleted IOATAFamily.kext's folder.

Mhh, maybe I have to delete IOATAFamily.kext.orig too...?

:/ Now I get this:

Well, IOATAFamily error is gone now, but it still not boot... It doesn't give any error, but when the Apple logo comes out, a "stop" symbol appears...

post-1134284-0-38553600-1361371230_thumb.jpg

post-1134284-0-82446500-1361372370_thumb.jpg

Ok, those errors now don't come out anymore, but! When I try to boot, using verbose mode, a message appears: "Still waiting for root device". What does it mean?

I read about setting in BIOS "Ahci mode" but I don't have it, I've only IDE...

Ok I resolved all the errors now, I've just deleted "superVIIATA.kext", "AppleHDA.kext", "Sleepenabler", "NVenabler" "VoodooHDA.kext or something like this" and now it boots proprely, but I've still to fix low resolution and no transparency in finderbar, the sound and the language, because I've chosen italian, but some texts is still in English!

Thanks in advance!

Anyone knows how to fix wrong screen resolution? I tried a lot of various methods on the web but no one has worked...

Per la risoluzione penso tu debba reinstallare NVenabler o provare una versione recente di Chameleon. Per quanto riguarda la lingua, in preferenze di sistema - lingua e testo devi trascinare la lingua italiana in cima alla lista, al reboot avrai tutto in italiano

By the way, Naxx, PentiumDs now can use Mountain Lion. If you're willing to try, just download this kernel and be happy: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=117947

Any doubts, post here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281450-mountain-lion-kernel-testing-on-amd/ (i know, it's an AMD thread, but the development going on there is also valid for non-Core2 Intel CPUs).

Best regards and tell us in the thread if everything is fine.

EDIT: with your GPU, your chances are higher using Lion. Try this kernel if you want to (for 10.7.4, but should work with older iterations and the retail installer): http://www.mediafire.com/?orf9jtvwqdr7adm

Ok, well, I installed with hazard 10.6.2 using these kext/settings:

- Bootloader chameleon RC4; if you choose RC3 dual-booting with Windows 7 it will damage your windows 7's installation;

- Legacy Kernel

- All sata fixes minus IOATAFamiliy's fixes

- For audio legacy HDA but I have to look for some other;

- Network marvell yukon

- For graphics GraphicsEnabler and NVEnabler;

- Quicktime 7 (optional)

After that I had to remove AppleVIIATA.kext, SuperVIIATA.kext, Sleepenabler.kext, ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext and IOATAFamily.kext and all was working! Only pay attention to choose right kexts for you network card, because if you choose a wrong one, in the post-installation configuration setup you'll ge stuck on "Transfer your data" or something like!