HP Z400 issue

angeluszero

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm trying to install so x 10.8.2 to an HP Z400. So far I have been unsuccessful and I didn't find much information on this PC. I tried the Iatkos ml2 which I installed to a USB key but during the boot of the installation I get the apple logo and the after a w minutes I get a circle with a slash. I updated the bios, reset to defaults. I have 4X 500GB drives in Raid 0. I tried with and without raid but I get the same result.

Based on my PC specs which method would you recommend? I heard of #####, my hack and kakewalk.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883157118CVF

This is what I have but with 4 drives. I would like to have them setup in raid 0 if possible.

Hi,

First of all, please read this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279451-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/.

I have never used kakewalk, based on my experience i would recommend MyHack, the only problem is, you will need a working OSX installation, can also be done in a virtual machine.

When booting an OS X installation, you should provide the following kernel flag at the boot prompt: -v

This gives a better output on what goes wrong, circle with slash can be anything, with -v, you will get a text output. Take a photo of it, and attach it to your post, for future reference. :)

Good luck.

Hi,

First of all, please read this: http://www.insanelym...ort-tonymacx86/.

I have never used kakewalk, based on my experience i would recommend MyHack, the only problem is, you will need a working OSX installation, can also be done in a virtual machine.

When booting an OS X installation, you should provide the following kernel flag at the boot prompt: -v

This gives a better output on what goes wrong, circle with slash can be anything, with -v, you will get a text output. Take a photo of it, and attach it to your post, for future reference. :)

Good luck.

I downloaded a USB image of 10.8 made with /#/ and I get as far as launching disk utility but it dosent see my drives. I have 4 of them and I they are not setup as raid anymore. The bios has only two options, either IDE or ahci+raid

Edited by Lejenk
Removed reference to forbidden tools.

i tried with myhack and i have the same issue, disk utility does not see my drives only the USB key. The bios is set to RAID+AHCI but my drives are not setup as RAID... i tried IDE too but nothing works. Why isn't the installation seeing my drives and how can i fix this?

I heard of IOATAFamily.kext but also that it was not recommended.... Do i have to use it? Is there other ways and if i do have to use it, how do i load that up during the install?

EDIT:

i found something about bridgehelper... something about people fixing a similar issue by using 4.0

i tried with myhack and i have the same issue, disk utility does not see my drives only the USB key. The bios is set to RAID+AHCI but my drives are not setup as RAID... i tried IDE too but nothing works. Why isn't the installation seeing my drives and how can i fix this?

I heard of IOATAFamily.kext but also that it was not recommended.... Do i have to use it? Is there other ways and if i do have to use it, how do i load that up during the install?

EDIT:

i found something about bridgehelper... something about people fixing a similar issue by using 4.0

Same problem here with z400.

I was successful in installing with the help of a sil3132 controller but after installation the controller wont work. If i put the drive back to mainboard i can start the os but same with the sign at start and "still waiting for root device"