6 replies to this topic

angeluszero

angeluszero

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hi,

I'm trying to install so x 10.8.2 to an HP Z400. So far I have been unsuccessful and I didn't find much information on this PC. I tried the Iatkos ml2 which I installed to a USB key but during the boot of the installation I get the apple logo and the after a w minutes I get a circle with a slash. I updated the bios, reset to defaults. I have 4X 500GB drives in Raid 0. I tried with and without raid but I get the same result.

Based on my PC specs which method would you recommend? I heard of #####, my hack and kakewalk.

http://www.newegg.ca...E16883157118CVF

This is what I have but with 4 drives. I would like to have them setup in raid 0 if possible.

Lejenk

Lejenk

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts
  • Interests:OSx86, Cooking, Gadgets.
Hi,

First of all, please read this: http://www.insanelym...ort-tonymacx86/.

I have never used kakewalk, based on my experience i would recommend MyHack, the only problem is, you will need a working OSX installation, can also be done in a virtual machine.
When booting an OS X installation, you should provide the following kernel flag at the boot prompt: -v
This gives a better output on what goes wrong, circle with slash can be anything, with -v, you will get a text output. Take a photo of it, and attach it to your post, for future reference. :)

Good luck.

angeluszero

angeluszero

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Hi,

First of all, please read this: http://www.insanelym...ort-tonymacx86/.

I have never used kakewalk, based on my experience i would recommend MyHack, the only problem is, you will need a working OSX installation, can also be done in a virtual machine.
When booting an OS X installation, you should provide the following kernel flag at the boot prompt: -v
This gives a better output on what goes wrong, circle with slash can be anything, with -v, you will get a text output. Take a photo of it, and attach it to your post, for future reference. :)

Good luck.

I downloaded a USB image of 10.8 made with /#/ and I get as far as launching disk utility but it dosent see my drives. I have 4 of them and I they are not setup as raid anymore. The bios has only two options, either IDE or ahci+raid

Edited by Lejenk, 19 February 2013 - 10:22 PM.
Removed reference to forbidden tools.

Lejenk

Lejenk

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts
  • Interests:OSx86, Cooking, Gadgets.
We do not support those kind of tools, as i said before, read the post. I will edit yours to remove the reference.

angeluszero

angeluszero

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

We do not support those kind of tools, as i said before, read the post. I will edit yours to remove the reference.

Ok I'll give myhack a try. Was just wondering if it was a bios option or something...

angeluszero

angeluszero

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
i tried with myhack and i have the same issue, disk utility does not see my drives only the USB key. The bios is set to RAID+AHCI but my drives are not setup as RAID... i tried IDE too but nothing works. Why isn't the installation seeing my drives and how can i fix this?

I heard of IOATAFamily.kext but also that it was not recommended.... Do i have to use it? Is there other ways and if i do have to use it, how do i load that up during the install?

EDIT:

i found something about bridgehelper... something about people fixing a similar issue by using 4.0

brkati

brkati

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

i tried with myhack and i have the same issue, disk utility does not see my drives only the USB key. The bios is set to RAID+AHCI but my drives are not setup as RAID... i tried IDE too but nothing works. Why isn't the installation seeing my drives and how can i fix this?

I heard of IOATAFamily.kext but also that it was not recommended.... Do i have to use it? Is there other ways and if i do have to use it, how do i load that up during the install?

EDIT:

i found something about bridgehelper... something about people fixing a similar issue by using 4.0

Same problem here with z400.

I was successful in installing with the help of a sil3132 controller but after installation the controller wont work. If i put the drive back to mainboard i can start the os but same with the sign at start and "still waiting for root device"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy