Increase Mac Mini Refresh Rate?

AbstrakNoir

4 posts in this topic

Hi, AbstrakNoir! How are you?

You need to post the specs for your Mac to get proper help. Without them, we'd be guessing. :)

Therefore, please check inside AboutMyMac>SystemInformation>SystemReport what's you graphics card (it's inside Graphics/Displays and also probably PCI, if it's a discrete card like some Mini models use). Post here also your CPU model, how much RAM do you have, which monitor are attached to your mini, the resolution it's using and which port it's using (like MiniDisplayPort, VGA etc). Don't forget also to tell us which iteration of OSX you're on. (EDIT: i just found some of the info is already in your signature: post what's missing).

Out of curiosity, What's the refresh rate for your mac now?

Best regards.

• Like 1

Hi, AbstrakNoir! How are you?

You need to post the specs for your Mac to get proper help. Without them, we'd be guessing. :)

Therefore, please check inside AboutMyMac>SystemInformation>SystemReport what's you graphics card (it's inside Graphics/Displays and also probably PCI, if it's a discrete card like some Mini models use). Post here also your CPU model, how much RAM do you have, which monitor are attached to your mini, the resolution it's using and which port it's using (like MiniDisplayPort, VGA etc). Don't forget also to tell us which iteration of OSX you're on. (EDIT: i just found some of the info is already in your signature: post what's missing).

Out of curiosity, What's the refresh rate for your mac now?

Best regards.

Hell yeah! That's what I'm talking about. Friendly service.

Graphics card is Intel HD 4000. I'm using HDMI cable. The max refresh rate that the Mini is allowing is 60hz. Sucks because I have a Plasma TV.

I've read that thats the highest refresh rate that Apple will allow. But I was hoping that I could change that with software or manually editing some files.

Hell yeah! That's what I'm talking about. Friendly service.

Graphics card is Intel HD 4000. I'm using HDMI cable. The max refresh rate that the Mini is allowing is 60hz. Sucks because I have a Plasma TV.

I've read that thats the highest refresh rate that Apple will allow. But I was hoping that I could change that with software or manually editing some files.

Really? Perhaps that's the upper limit with HDMI on the HD4000, but i wouldn't bet on that: even with my Ion-powered netbook and Mountain Lion 10.8.2, i'm getting higher rates. So your sources must be outdated. Since you're on a Mac, i'd guess DSDT edits won't help (but i'm not really sure: anyone?). Did you try Netkas' forum (www.netkas.org)? Also, answer both quizes so you can post on the Graphics section of Insanelymac. I don't know about software solutions aimed at this, but they could well exist.

Best regards!

• Like 1