5 replies to this topic

stereotrope

stereotrope

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi,

This is my first post here on this forum, i hope somewone could help me.

I m trying to install 10.6 with myhack on my computer.
I m following the steps in order to configure the BIOS (ahci and hpet setup correctly + i ve the usb legacy support enabled).
i boot from the myhack usb drive, and once i got on the language screen, i have no mouse and no keyboard (both pluged on usb ports).
i ve tried all the usb ports, and it doesn't fix the problem.
the strange thing is that the usb flashdrive is recognized, but not the mouse and keyboards.
i have tried two others keyboards, and 3 different mouses...it doesnt fix the problem either.

here is my config :

gigabyte H55m-usb3 (rev 1.0) - socket 1156 - BIOS at f2 version (a bit old i guess...)
core intel i5 750 2.66ghz
graphic powercolour radeon HD5550 1Go
1x4 Go DDR3 RAM ) kingston 1333
500 Go Seagate Barracuda hard drive

where could i find a IOUSBRollback kext to paste it on my usb flashdrive in S/L/E ?
i d like to try various solutions before flashing the BIOS to last revision supported by my motherboard (F11).

thanks a lot for your help ! and thanks for this website and its community

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Moderators
  • 3,769 posts
Attached File  USBrollback.zip   1.26MB   15 downloads Attached File  voodooKeyboard.zip   41.5KB   11 downloads

stereotrope

stereotrope

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
hello iFire.
i ve tried to copy the kexts you sent me in S/L/E
but then the computer freeze and return an error : it doesn t find the iopciFamilly kext...
as i ve done many trials, using different kexts downloaded myself, i m gonna re-create my usb installer with myhack, and do a try once the usb installer is done clean !
i keep you posted if the kext you sent me have fix the usb detection problem on mouse and keyboard.
thanks a lot !

stereotrope

stereotrope

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Attached File  USBrollback.zip   1.26MB   15 downloads Attached File  voodooKeyboard.zip   41.5KB   11 downloads

hola ifire,

i ve downloaded the kexts you sent me, and copied them onto the myhack usb drive, under system,library,Extensions

i ve started buy copying first the iousbfamily and masstorage kexts.
when i boot from the usb, with -v mode, i got a "AppleRTLE8169Ethernet : probeHardware( ) failed
then i enter an infinite loop with "Still waiting for root device" displayed.

any idea?

do i have to run MyFix after having copied new kexts on the myhack usb drive?

stereotrope

stereotrope

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Hi, ifire, i did some progresses :

i could install the snow leopard 10.6.3.
after the installation, i m asked to reboot.
at reboot from hd i have a message from osx "first you have to connect a keyboard"
here i m stuck with no mouse and no keyboard.
i m still very confused about how everything work all together.
at this point of the installation, what do you suggest me to do? how can i do a diagnostic of the install?how to know were is the fail?
thanks in advance for your help

stereotrope

stereotrope

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello,

i m still stuck with the same problem since a week now, and i can't find any solution.
please, can someone help me?
i ve tried so many things that im lost and i don't know what else can i do now...
trying with another bootloader?
i ve extracted the dsdt from my motherboard and patched it using the patch for my motherboard, but i dont understand how to use this dsdt.aml with myhack...
thanks for your support !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy