About using discrete and integrated graphics at the same time:

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,975 posts
HD4000 is not supported in SL so there is nothing you can do.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,892 posts
Thank you for answering, Rampage!

About the HD4000, no problems: more than satisfied getting resolution with Graphics Mode=1920x1080x32, which i already do. But what about the 9800 GT? Can't i make it work as a second monitor, the same way i do with Mountain Lion? Or that's only possible if both cards are supported?

Best regards!

P.S.: by the way, off-topic, thank you very much for your Recovery Partition guide. I couldn't post it in your blog, so i do here.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,892 posts
It seems that CUDA-Z cannot detect the CUDA cores with this dual-card setup. Or would it be 10.8.3 rearing its ugly face?

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-03-16 at 12.22.38 AM.png   28.23KB   8 downloads

All the best!

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,892 posts
By the way, now i'm trying to set up a three card configuration, with the Intel HD4000 as the primary, the 9800GT in the 16x PCI-e slot, and the GeForce G210 in the secondary PCI-e slot (4x). It appears that the system recognize all the three cards:

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-03-16 at 3.07.16 AM.png   120.45KB   45 downloads

But when i try connecting any monitor to any of the three ports of the G210 (which is a card which rather works OOB when it's running alone), i get a black screen (standby mode). Do you guys know about a possible solution for this? In my DSDT, i injected - following the steps recommended here in the topic by Toleda - only the HD4000, the PCI-e (otherwise the 9800GT would work but wouldn't appear in System Report) and HDMI audio fix.

All the best!

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,975 posts
Driver-IST needs to be injected with the DSDT injection for that card. Boot with it alone and get a IOreg and that is were you get the info. No more black screen. This is a hardcore fix and is hard to find info on but it does work as I must use it in my Testing rig when I use Nvidia.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,892 posts
Thank you very much, Rampage!

I'll do it tomorrow afternoon and report here.

All the best!

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,892 posts
Hi, Rampage!

Done with the IOReg! Where do i find Driver-IST?

Here's a screenshot: Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-03-16 at 6.33.46 PM.png   293.16KB   33 downloads

And IOReg itself: Attached File  IOReg.ioreg.zip   416.21KB   9 downloads

Best regards!

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,975 posts
Under GFX0 for that card... Click on there and then its on the right side.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,892 posts
Found it :D -> IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/RP05@1C,4/IOPCI2PCIBridge/PXSX@0

Now, i think i must inject it in my DSDT, right? Where and which format do i use?

All the best!

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,975 posts
Yes, inject that code... 0x00, 0x0x...........0xff,

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,892 posts
Is this format and patch acceptable (the G210 appears in the DSDT as PXSX, not GFX0)?

Device (PXSX)
{
Name (_ADR, Zero)
Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
{
0x09,
0x04
})
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x1C)
{
"device-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x0A, 0x65, 0x00, 0x00
},

"vendor-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0xDE, 0x10, 0x00, 0x00
},

"driver-ist",
Buffer (0x30)
{
/* 0000 */ 0x00, 0x01, 0x5a, 0x18, 0x80, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF,
/* 0008 */ 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x80, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF,
/* 0010 */ 0x00, 0x01, 0x5a, 0x18, 0x80, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF,
/* 0018 */ 0x02, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x80, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF,
/* 0020 */ 0x00, 0x01, 0x5a, 0x18, 0x80, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF,
/* 0028 */ 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x80, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF
},
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}

Best regards!

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,975 posts
Yep, you got it. Search for PXSX and replace with GFX0 but make sure you replace GFX0 to IGPU before doing this. Why are you not using the full edit?

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,892 posts
Thank you, Rampage!

The replacement of GFX0 by IGPU was previously done for getting the HD4000+9800GT to work together, so i can just change PXSX to GFX0. Gonna test it and report back.

All the best!

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,892 posts
Thank you very much indeed, Rampage! Worked exactly as you told it would! :D

Best regards!

P.S.: Here's some benchmark results (the crappy performance is what's expected from the G210 - conversely, a measure of how comparatively decent integrated solutions can be):

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-03-17 at 1.31.36 PM.png   319.75KB   39 downloads

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-03-17 at 1.33.48 PM.png   323.51KB   33 downloads

fredouille

fredouille

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
Hello
I'm very intersested in this topic because I bought a Dell 27WHQ (2560x1440) that needs dual link DVI for max resolution. At this point it's connected to my GTX 680 and works well. The problem is when I connect my TV samsung through HDMI to my GTX 680 and active clone display (pref system , mirror display; the mode I want), my Dell resolution is downscaled to the lowest (1920x1080, corresponding to my TV resolution).
I'd like to connect my TV through HDMI to HD 4000 and mly Dell 27 through DVI DL to my GTX 680.
Toleda, I've seen on post 11 that you managed to do it !
Every hopes are possible !
For the moment , I've done:
- set BIOS init display first to IGFX (onboard), couln't see the other one :"Onboard VGA: Always Enable" ---- BIOS F6
-set iMAC 12,2 on SMBIOS.plist
-set on org.chameleon.Boot.plist : PCIRootUID=0, GE=No

First, I noticed that the boot delay is very long with IGFX first, compare with auto (maybe it's normal ?)
Then, after long time, I get my Dell screen detected on good resolution but my TV has black screen.
I must say that Toleda helped me by the past to configure my DSDT.aml to get HDAU, so I tried to add the GFX0 patch in post 11 under my GFX0 but then it can't compil (see screen shot)
At this point, I believe it's because my TV is connected through HDMI to HD4000 instead DVI and as long as HD4000 is not properly configured, it crashes ? (kernel panic ?)
I 'ww make several other tests and send you IOReg and DSDT so as to try to detect the fault
Have a nice day

Attached Files

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,892 posts
Are you booting with Clover UEFi, Fredouille?

fredouille

fredouille

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
hello theconnactic,
I'm booting with chameleon v2.2svn r2187
After lots of unsuccessfull trying, I corrupted my 2T exfat hard disk (DATA Hardrive) and I'm copying all the datas i had save elsewhere,
I'll do several other tests those days.
I have two questions:
-first: Is your boot became very long (as me) with 2 GFX (discrete and HD4000): 30 turns of wheel under the apple logo instead of 1.5 as normally, compared with HD4000 disabled in BIOS !?
-the toleda's patch (post 11) must be under GFX0 (line 4727 of my DSDT.aml) or IGPU (line 7046 of my DSDT.aml) ?

Have a nice day
fred

Attached Files

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,892 posts

Hi!

1) Yes, indeed: the boot time slows considerably, but the benefits more than outweights this little annoyance.

:D

2) Toleda pointed me to rather easy guides for a correct DSDT edition: just follow the links in his posts.

BTW, i just found out this setup broke wake from sleep booting from Clover UEFI. Going to test with legacy BIOS boot.

UPDATE:

doesn't work also with legacy BIOS boot: black screen! Going to try with Chameleon.

UPDATE 2:

same issue with Chameleon, despite having darkwake=0 in my plist. Pity, that's the only downside of an otherwise gorgeous setup.

:)

UPDATE 3:

i found out that the system is in fact waking just fine with both

Clover.efi

(BIOS mode) and Chameleon. The problem is, it take five long minutes to wake up. With Clover UEFI, the system will reboot after these five minutes, displaying a panic message upon reboot (a known bug of UEFI boot that i thought was squashed with 10.8.3; i was wrong). I know the solution, at least for BIOS mode: ACPI rollback to the 10.6.8 kext. But i chose not to bother: sleep is not that important to me.

:)

UPDATE 4:

anyway, i just found out that some partitions doesn't mount upon wake: NTFS formatted partitions. Could Tuxera be the culprit for the slow wake, sparing me the necessity of a kext rollback? I'll check it later.

All the best!

muiterz

muiterz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

I have a Q77M-2DH motherboard with a 3770 processor. I also have a radeon 6850, which works perfectly.

I would like to go 6 monitor setup, so I need the internal GPU from the processor. If I enable the internal GPU, I can't boot into Clover anymore, do I have to change settings? Inject stuff?

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,892 posts
Try to inject the HD 4000 in the DSDT using the patches by Toleda shown in this topic and boot with GraphicsEnabler=No.

All the best!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy