Disaster Recovery - Chameleon won't boot

Thrace

5 posts in this topic

So, I hope you all can help me. Thanks for reading. I have a rig with one disk for Windows 8 and one disk for OS X and I use f12 at boot to move between then, Win8 using the Microsoft bootloader and OSX using Chameleon. However, something happened to my OS X disk yesterday and for whatever reason, I just couldn't boot any longer to it. It hung at the DMI portion of boot.

Now, I had all my data backed up (including my extra directory, smbios.plist and everything) so I blew the drive partitions away and recreated an entirely new EFI-based GUID disk, reinstalled ML from my dedicated external USB install drive and then I copied over my extra folder, boot file, etc back over but I wasn't able to get in still.

Do you all know if I did something wrong, or if I'm missing something? Thanks again for reading.

Thanks for responding. The external drive isn't an OS X partition, per se. It's just the install media so when it boots, it just goes right to the installation, not to a Chameleon boot screen.