RandomMixTape

1 post in this topic

I'm trying to install Mac OS 10.6.0 on an Acer Aspire One netbook with a simple dual boot of Windows XP and Mac OS X. I am following these tutorials to get this set up:

I have repartitioned the hard drive using MiniTool Partition Wizard in Windows XP with a 100GB Windows XP partition, a 5GB Acer Recovery partition (pre-installed) and a 45GB FAT32 partition for Mac OS X. I have been able to run the Mac OS X installer and get to Disc Utility to format the 45GB partition as Mac OS X (Journaled) HFS+, but the installer refuses to install on the partition because the hard drive is not formatted in the GUID Partition Scheme. It seems the hard drive is formatted as MBR.

I have tried to create a partition in Disc Utility when the 45GB is unallocated space but again the installer requires a reformat of the hard drive.

I would prefer not to reformat the entire drive again because I do not want to lose the Acer Recovery Partition and my current install of Windows XP. It may also be difficult to install Windows XP on a GUID Partition Scheme Hard Drive.

Is there any way that I can install Mac OS 10.6.0 on this partition without reformatting the whole hard drive in the GUID Partition Scheme?

Could this method work?

Thanks