DISCUSSION OF [How-To] Remove DVD Bezel on G5 Powermac

Ira Aduro

10 posts in this topic

This tutorial has been moved to the [HOW-TO]s subforum above. This thread is for the discussion of the above tutorial. If you have any comments to add to the tutorial, please do so here.

THANK YOU!

Anyone know how in the world to remove the aluminum shielding that goes around the pop down dvd bay? I can see the aluminum shielding has two clips on the bottom that pop out but I can't seem to get it out and don't want to bend it.

Photo attached of what I'm talking about. Thanks.

post-831025-0-68539200-1360955449_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr.D.
Tutorial Promoted!

At the top of the shielding, there are also two little clips that must be freed from the top case. You must move the shielding from the left to right after freeing it from the bottom and finally freeing from the top.

Question for the mods - would it be possible to start a sticky thread that links to various [How To] threads?

I imagine it working something like this:

If someone has a [How To] thread they can post in the sticky thread with a link to their thread and brief explanation.

No conversation, no other kind of posts, just keep it posting [How To] links.

good question - asking the mods and I'll get back to ya...

Well hell... I asked the mods what should be done, and now they went and made me one... So I guess I gotta answer this one myself!! I totally blame you for this by the way... :blink:

That is a very good idea. There should be a better organization of [how to] for this sub-forum. This is the first place a lot of people go-to for hardware help. I'll be working on some ideas the next few days and I'll post something out in the main area for this as well, opening it up to comments. If you have suggestions for this, PM me. I cant guarantee I'll reply right away, but I will reply.