Nvidia GT 230 "Unknown nVidia card" Mountain Lion

WhizZz

7 posts in this topic

I installed mountain Lion on my pc but I have some problems with my graphics card.

When I boot my hackintosh resolution is: 1024x768.

If I use the flag "Graphics Mode"="1920x1080x32" my resolution change to 1280x1024.

I also updated the NVenabler and tried MyFix (I install Mountain Lion using MyHack)

But nothing changed.

My graphics card is: Nvidia GT230 512mb

Kind regards,

WhizZz

install the last kexts from NVIDIA DRIVERS 304.00.05f02

Had some troubles upgrading from 10.8 to 10.8.2. But I will try this when my Hackintosh works again :)

Use GraphicsEnabler=Yes in chameleon instead of nvenabler :)

I already tried this but it didn't change anything (MyHack automaticly add this to Chameleon)

EDIT: Can't install the NVIDIA drivers:

Unsuported System: This computer will not support GeForce or Quadro Mac OS X edition cards.

No need for that...there's a better, noob friendly, less invasive solution, and it doesn't require a reboot either.

Drag the nvidia driver installer pkg off of the disk image

Right click it, click show package contents, find distribution.dist inside and open it with textedit.

Find the line that says "var system_models = ["MacPro3,1", "MacPro4,1", "MacPro5,1"]" and change one of the model identifiers so that it matches the model identifier you are using (if you don't know, see System Information - click the Apple menu while holding down the option key).

Save the file

Run the installer

Profit.

• Like 2