XPC General discussion

Alex009988

230 posts in this topic

You seriously consider it a *theme*? It's a set of most random images possible to coexist...

Aye! What are you talking about? If you can make better, just do it. Don't complain about.

I'm liked by what I did on my own. Because I'm pestered by standard themes which is too simple.

TimeWalker75a, you deleted the criticism you posted yesterday, what i appreciate as a wise decision, since it wasn't exactly a polite review. Anyway, since you already delivered your message, why post it again? :)

All the best!

I think that it did some of moderators. Not he. I didn't deleted my retaliatory post. Consequently TimeWalker couldn't do it as well.

Good job! A attached the link for your manual to the top for the time being if you don't mind.

Maybe later I combine yours with my manual.

By the way. If you are a moderator of iPhoneTom's forum.

Please delete all mesages from stupid fanatic called Axotocoots

TimeWlaker75a

Do u use USBFix on XPC? If no. Please give me your full DSDT. Maybe I will be able to find a way how to get rid of this fix.

I wanna create better themes. But I have to understand the one issue for this deal.

Unfortunately I couldn't change the colour on the icons

I had done so and the colour should be orange but it remained black

<key>Colors</key>

<dict>

<key>Background</key>

<string>0xFFFF4500</string>

<key>VolumeLabelText</key>

<key>Foreground</key>

<key>DialogBackground</key>

<key>DialogForeground</key>

<key>ButtonstartColor</key>

<key>ButtonendColor</key>

<key>WorkspaceWindowTitleForeground</key>

</dict>

Did I make something wrong or it is some bug of XPC?

post-974387-0-81585800-1364475074_thumb.png

post-974387-0-37327800-1364475962_thumb.jpg

Alex, TimeWlaker, what do you think to split the topic?

Post #1 , #67 and #69 here and the other posts in another topic "general discussion" ?

If you wish I can do it, let me know ;)

• Like 1

First post is a complete mess, it has to be restructured and thus the actual thread can be kept as is.

What Alex has to do is edit some of his previous posts on a couple of first pages or reserve new post for certain parts of the information in regards to Bootloader.

This way it will be easy to navigate and cause of a small user base it won't require an additional dedicated discussion topic.

Just plain simple hotlinking to certain post #s

1. Description - #11

2. Release notes i.e. Changelog #69

2. Binary Releases i.e. Builds - #xx

3. Installation - #xx

4. Configuring the bootloader - #67

5. Setting up multiboot environment - #xx

etc.. you get my point.

• Like 2

First post is a complete mess, it has to be restructured and thus the actual thread can be kept as is.

What Alex has to do is edit some of his previous posts on a couple of first pages or reserve new post for certain parts of the information in regards to Bootloader.

This way it will be easy to navigate and cause of a small user base it won't require an additional dedicated discussion topic.

Just plain simple hotlinking to certain post #s

1. Description - #11

2. Release notes i.e. Changelog #69

2. Binary Releases i.e. Builds - #xx

3. Installation - #xx

4. Configuring the bootloader - #67

5. Setting up multiboot environment - #xx

etc.. you get my point.

Ok I will do my first post over tommorow, that is will do as you suggest me.

I could move the posts of other users in another topic, so the first 5,6 posts will be yours and you will able to edit them as you wish.

In this case we should create the insert for XPC as we made for Clover's and Chameleon's themes

• Like 1

Don't be scared!

Let me know how many posts do you need to divide the entire project.

I'll move all the other users' posts in a new topic.

1. Description

2. Release notes i.e. Changelog

2. Binary Releases

3. Installation

4. Configuring the bootloader

5. Setting up multiboot environment

6. Themes

I think we should create three topic in this case.

1) XPC General discussion - Author Alex009988

2) XPC instruction - Author TimeWalker75a 67, 69 posts

3) Themes for XPC - Author - Alex009988 post 63(Because I will create new themes for XPC)

And I'll make link in my " XPC General discussion" to "XPC Instruction".

I think it will be the best solution!:)

6 themes it will be very a lot.

I see the last message(seventy-eighth) from TimeWalker.

In this case his topic can be called as "XPC Instruction and Releases"

And I will make extra connecting links to his thread.

3 threads is an overkill. one is enough. have you actually heard about hotlinking? :|

with the userbase XPC has got .. even one is way to much.. not to sound offensive or anything, but face the reality.

I've set an example on how the thread has to be handles - it's your thread, fo on and fix it. using flashy fonts and pesky colors is not a good mood for a thread dedicated to a bootloader. keep it simple, keep it organized.. keep it READABLE and actually EASY to navigate.

Mods can merge the post #78 in place of the disaster in the original post.. you don't have to copy-past everything as Tom posts.. give a thought and think up on how you can organize things neatly - settings belong into settings, changes belong to changelog, builds belong to builds and releases... don't cram it all in one place like you did it now.

ah what the hell .. why do you have to be so rushy .. take your time to process what you're doing ..

like it's not already confusing enough. lets create more confusion ..

I'm not responsible for themes, I'm actually strictly against them and so are majority of user from XPC user base. But if there is demand there's always a supply, right ?

The thread you've named "XPC Instruction and Releases" first off has to be named Releases and Instructions, not the other way around. Secondly, the posts in it appear in a totally weird order, and there has to be at least a basic header describing the purpose and contents of the thread, but I guess it's up to me to make it pretty... and so I will. Tomorrow.

I think 2 topics are enough.

XPC General discussion

XPC Instruction

The theme will be added in your second post of XPC General discussion ...ok?

Ok, I concur with you. Please make it as you told

XPC General discussion

XPC Instruction

its already done. i've made some adjustments to my post so that they appear more user-friendly and easier to navigate.

I will be creating a header of sorts to describe some essential stuff in regards to XPC build distribution, changelog publication and the way settings are being documented.

• Like 1

Alex, you've got 3 free posts in this topic, edit them as you wish.

Oh vast thanks that you did it.

Maybe we should create subforum for XPC since we devide it into as we had made it for Clover's and Chameleons's theme?:)

I will be very thinkfull in this case.

• Like 1

hi

is the process the same...?

pen drive, 8gb, 2 partitions one with XPC and other with restored 10.8.2 and install?

can we expect a continuing process or it will stop on some months? 'cause ,on early days I tested XPC ,and than it disappeared...

thanks for the link...

c.frio

hi

is the process the same...?

pen drive, 8gb, 2 partitions one with XPC and other with restored 10.8.2 and install?

c.frio

In a nutshell - yes. The comprehensive installation gude is not yet published here. Though a nice person has done it quite some time ago.

Here is a pretty descent guide on installing OSX and the bootloader: http://xpcboot.weebly.com/

It has been going pretty fluently since summer 2012, with it's ups and downs of course, 'cause everyone has a life beside Hackintosh community.

Considering all the development is done by a single person it kind of sets the limits on how much one can expect. Certainly it's not Clover, where 100+ build could be released per day, just because the user base is vastly greater and so is the developer resource. By the way, how both of these questions belong to this topic? There is a general discussion thread for such questions.