Problems in my installation

RCOO

21 posts in this topic

I installed iAtkos ML2 on my Toshiba P755-103 (Satellite P755-103 - Toshiba , Atheros AR9002-1NGWB WiFi card, more info) and so far so good. Got most of it working, including my Intel HD3000. I gave up on my GeForce GT540M. I have some problems though:

1 - My HD3000 experiences visual artifacts, that I cannot solve unless when using the flag cpus=1! Is there a way to remove the artifacts and be able to use all cores?

----------------------------------------------------

2 - I have to always start with the flag UseKernelCache=no, else I get the following: http://postimage.org/image/6zdn9kfdr/ - in verbose: http://postimage.org/image/kuug43fzd/ . I get this problem everytime the flag is not set. If the flag is non existent in org.chameleon.boot.plist (which should be equivalent to no, right?), I still get the error! Why is this happening?

----------------------------------------------------

3 - Do I have to use the flag npci=0x2000? At this moment it's being used, but I have no idea what it's for and if I have to keep it.

------------------------------------------------------

4 - My bluetooth isn't working either. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi,

I don't have a solution for the HD3000, perhaps the forum search can help you out. It can be found on the right top corner of this page.

Install the kexts in the Extra folder to /System/Library/Extensions with Kext Wizard, Kextdrop, or some similar software. This should solve point 2.

About point 3, remove the flag, and boot with -v, if it stalls, you have to use it, probably till you get the graphics working correctly. Nobody can tell you if you need it, you will have to test this yourself.

Can you provide some details on the bluetooth device? Like the manufacturer and model?

In Windows the PID is 0930 and VID is 0215. System Info, or the Mac profiler, don't provide me with anymore info. I think my bluetooth comes bundled with my Wifi card. What you suggested for my second topic works flawlessly.

Tried that. Didn't work. I think I'm giving up on bluetooth.

I have another problem, however.

I have no kernel flags now, however chameleon keeps loading the old flags even when there are no kernel flags set on the org.chameleon.Boot.plist!

Any ideas?

I solved the issue, i think. I have FileNVRAM.dylib in the modules folder, to try to fix imessage. I had to use the nvram command to delete 'sudo nvram -d boot-args'. Still want to check out my Extra folder?

• Like 1

You don't have to keep npci=0x2000 unless it doesn't boot without, it is more there to prevent some user who need it while it doesn't hurt people who doesn't need it.

Also, first screenshot, the apple logo says that you got 'Still Waiting For Root Device' and on the verbose screenshot, there is no 'still waiting for root device'. It means you havn't waited enough before taking the screenshot. You should wait at least 8 minutes before taking a pictures.

For the kernel cache, I would recommend you to get http://cvad-mac.narod2.ru/Kext_Utility (Kext Utility) to rebeuild properly the caches, it might fix the issue as well until you modify the /System/Library/Extensions folders. It is always nice to keep kernel cache, it boots up faster :)

Ok. I found the solution to most of my problems:

1 - Used this kext: http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/voodootscsync/downloads/ (thanks to pernacabeluda @ olarila.com (forum))

2 - Moved the kexts in /Extra/Extensions to S/L/E!

3 - Didn't need the flag. Tested booting without it.

4 - Still haven't fixed it. I saw that my bluetooth is bundled with the WiFi card... Tried some kexts, but nothing. Not even recognized in the system information.

• 3 weeks later...

I now have another problem. CPU Power Management isn't working. I get very high temperatures. I have AICPM patched, and I got a supposedly working SSDT. Yet temperatures still reach 80C+.

Can anyone help me try to solve this?

I think this is asking too much, but would you mind doing it for me? Every time I tried editing my DSDT, I wasn't able to compile it in the end, or I would get a KP the next reboot.

I attached the DSDT DSDT.aml.zip

Thanks

Ok.

Some more problems.

The battery icon in the menu bar has an X and says: "No battery is available", "Power Source: battery".

This happens when I only have the AC charger connected, and no battery inserted. I tried replacing AppleACPIPlatform with the one from version 10.6.7, and nothing. The source of the power keeps being indicated as the battery, which isn't even in the laptop.

Besides that: I patched AICPM and removed NullCPUPowerManagement. I have SSDT and it's being loaded according to bdmesg. P and C states are being generated. I am however having P-State stepper error 18.

To try to solve this problem I followed the instructions on this topic (please read english instructions): http://olarila.com/f...start=60#p13534 (my SMBios is MacBookPro8.2. I removed the indicated keys: FanThrottledRPM and FanMax (although the keys appeared in a reverse order comparing to the guide). Attached is the KP generated. I am able to boot if I restore the NullCpuPowerManagement kext.

post-728344-0-41513800-1362614962_thumb.jpg

Any clues on how to solve these issues?

My first guess would be, the application you are trying to open is not compatible with Mountain Lion or OS x86. With what other apps does this problem occur?

And can you check the log files, perhaps something comes up. Applications > Utilities > Console.

The thing is the apps work after a clean installation. After a certain point, "non-legal" apps stop working, and behave like that,

I didn't mean pirated apps. I meant apps that aren't downloaded from the store. The "non legal" keyword was just a maner of speaking. For example, Airmail, I can run it in a fresh install, and it will work. However if in a fresh install I let some time pass by without running that app, the error will happen, and it won't stop.