Brightness Control not fully working...

hampel

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm setting up ML on my Lenovo U410 and pretty happy with this machine.

Problem: My brightness control is working thru fn keys, Kext Wizard tells me, that com.apple.driver.AppleBacklight (170.2.3) and com.apple.driver.AppleBacklightExpert (1.0.4) are loaded and I do have the brightness bar in System Preferences in the monitor section.

But somehow, I dont have the OSD popping up when I toggle brightness using my fn keys. I can't change brightness using the brightness bar in Monitor section neither. And therefore, I don't have the reduce brightness on battery feature working.

Another point why I want this to work is, my notebook has a lot of steps from highest to lowest brightness... It almost takes about 20 sec to get from highest to lowest brightness...

Any help would be appreciated ...

What fixed the F2 and F3 brightness control for me was installing a new voodooPS2keyboard.kext

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/75649-new-voodoops2controller-keyboard-trackpad-32.html#post503257

But ultimately you can edit your voodooPS2keyboard.kext to set F2 and F3 to adjust brightness, the kext above just has that modified already, though it sets the keys to F2 and F3 not Fn+F2 and Fn+F3, so if you Action Keys mode is on in BIOS, you need to use Fn.

• 4 months later...