HP Envy 17t-3200 - Install and Run OS X/macOS

mnfesq

421 posts in this topic

@jamaly Why do you have so many boot arguments?  When I'm installing, I only use -v. I don't see you getting a KP from the voodoops2controller.kext.  However, if you do, it's probably because RehabMan had to make one specially for Sierra.  It's the one released on June 16, 2016.  Make sure you use that one rather than the one from your 10.10 kext folder.

@jamaly. You shouldn't need any Nvidia boot arguments since your AMD Radeon GPU is disabled in the BIOS (unless you have the 3D version, which is unlikely since your KP came from your Intel video driver.). I think this crash is caused by your Clover video settings.  Make sure you have the EDID injected along with VBIOS and Intel video.  Also, be sure you have the right ig-platform-id entered.  You're getting close.

@jamaly Why do you have so many boot arguments?  When I'm installing, I only use -v. I don't see you getting a KP from the voodoops2controller.kext.  However, if you do, it's probably because RehabMan had to make one specially for Sierra.  It's the one released on June 16, 2016.  Make sure you use that one rather than the one from your 10.10 kext folder.

Right, I already did that. I put the updated one in the Other kext folder along with an updated FakeSMC kext

@jamaly. You shouldn't need any Nvidia boot arguments since your AMD Radeon GPU is disabled in the BIOS (unless you have the 3D version, which is unlikely since your KP came from your Intel video driver.). I think this crash is caused by your Clover video settings.  Make sure you have the EDID injected along with VBIOS and Intel video.  Also, be sure you have the right ig-platform-id entered.  You're getting close.

I actually got a warranty replacement and have a later 17t envy with Optimus enabled. Running on an i7-5500U. I don't think I was injecting EDID, i'll check on that though

Erm... SUCCESS! I made it to the Sierra installer. I kept my boot flags and options (no caches and with kexts), but this time i also injected EDID and changed my ig-platform-id to 0x16168086 (I found humor in the 8086 part - Intel chip history) which i found here.

Going to proceed with the upgrade now, wish me luck.

Sierra up and running after a long battle with rebuilding my EFI partition with Linux

Lost QE/CI, webcam, speakers and mic. Gonna work on that now I guess

Good job.  Lost QE/CI - make sure your video drivers are loaded.  If so, check your Clover graphics settings and the thread about Nvidia graphics in Sierra.  Webcam - probably a USB issue.  Speakers/Mic - rebuild kernel cache a few times to make sure VoodooHDA loads.

Got QE/CI back. Omg, Sierra is so smooth and snappy. It was actually a matter of hex patching the IntelFramebuffer kext with Clover and changing the ig-platform-id. AND sleep works! I think this is the first time i've ever had sleep working properly.

The webcam thing i think may be related to how Apple moved more towards ACPI, speakers i still have no clue about. rebuilt the cache to no avail.

Touchpad isn't 100% either, the page in system preferences is blank

Hello everyone I have successfully installed macOS 10.12 (Sierra) with latest Clover 3773.

One of the problems is that Radeon 7850M works only with 7 Mb of memory.

I have tried below settings, but when macOS boots it changes screen mode, and after that I see only black screen.

But looks like that macOS is booting successfully.

Maybe the problem is with outdated kexts, I don't know. If you have Envy 17-3200 3D, I would appreciate if someone will be able to share working solution.

Other comments are also appreciated  :)

Here is the part of my Clover config:

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
	<key>Inject</key>
	<dict>
		<key>ATI</key>
		<true/>
	</dict>
	<key>InjectEDID</key>
	<true/>
	<key>LoadVBios</key>
	<true/>
	<key>NvidiaSingle</key>
	<false/>
	<key>VRAM</key>
	<integer>1024</integer>
</dict>

Take a look at this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/31dlji/yosemite_hd_7850_full_support/

Are you using the Aji frame buffer?  You want the connector that works for LVDS, that's your laptop screen.  

Thanks. No, I haven't set FB at all.

But I tried to set to Aji - no changes, except after apple logo boot screen blinked in a different way. After that it stays black.

I guess I have to clarify some points. I'm completely new to Hackintosh.

On different forums I read different solutions regarding 7850M:

• DSDT injection patch with AMD7000Controller and AMDRadeonX4000 kexts (from year 2014)
  • Someone told me that there is no solution, and that I have to disable 7850M and use Intel 4000 (which makes sense, because in Windows if I don't install AMD drivers it uses Intel HD card). But I can't do that because there is no such option in BIOS.

Where to get latest AMD7000Controller and AMDRadeonX4000 kexts? Do I need them?

Do I have to include VBIOS ROM file with Clover? I read that if there's no rom, then it loads VBIOS from ROM-memory.

And now the link you posted contains info for 7850, but not for 7850M. I guess there is difference between them, isn't it?

I'm really confused.

Take a look at this post.  The author of it may be able to help you better than me since he also has the 3d model.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286287-hp-envy-17t-3200-install-and-run-os-xmacos/?p=2285229

mnfesq, thanks.

Do you know how to make these work:

1. Backlight function on keyboard Sorry, it works.

2. Volume control wheel

3. Mute button (near the wheel)

4. Card reader

Volume control wheel/mute button -- These are not functional in 10.12.0.  Functionality has been restored, but not perfectly, in 10.12.1, developer beta 3.  I suspect it will be working again when 10.12.1 comes out in final.  Same with screen brightness keys - F2 and F3, and iTunes controls - F6, F7 and F8.

Card reader -- This is a lost cause.  The card reader will never work because it is a pci-e device and Apple only supports usb card readers.

I'm just curious about one thing -- my power button's LED light flickers but is usually off.  Is your's on all the time?  I'm thinking this is a hardware issue unrelated to macOS.

my power button's LED light flickers but is usually off.  Is your's on all the time?  I'm thinking this is a hardware issue unrelated to macOS.

Yeah, looks like it is. Mine is on all the time.

Speaking about keyboard backlight. For me it's not a problem to press the button two times, but there must be a method to do it automatically using DSDT. What do you think?

How keyboard backlight works on Mac laptops?

I don't think the HP Envy has an ambient light sensor like Macs do.  But, when I reduce my screen brightness, my keyboard backlight goes on automatically.  If you have adjustable screen brightness, this should work for you too.  It requires a DSDT patch to the PNLF device and the GenericBrightness.kext.  See here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/236835-updated-2012-genericbrightnesskext/

I don't think the HP Envy has an ambient light sensor like Macs do.  But, when I reduce my screen brightness, my keyboard backlight goes on automatically.  If you have adjustable screen brightness, this should work for you too.  It requires a DSDT patch to the PNLF device and the GenericBrightness.kext.  See here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/236835-updated-2012-genericbrightnesskext/

Thanks. Before patching DSDT, I would like to create clean setup with working video. I have read few topics, and will report as soon as I will get most of the stuff working.

By the way, mnfesq, would you recommend Azurewave AW-CE123H, or there is better alternative?

Figures out that there's two miniPCIe cards installed. Which should I replace?

When I had my 3D I could change my keyboard backlight level by holding the backlight button and pressing either up or down

Wow jamaly, that's something new. Thanks

Thanks. Before patching DSDT, I would like to create clean setup with working video. I have read few topics, and will report as soon as I will get most of the stuff working.

By the way, mnfesq, would you recommend Azurewave AW-CE123H, or there is better alternative?

Figures out that there's two miniPCIe cards installed. Which should I replace?

Wow jamaly, that's something new. Thanks

I am happy with the performance of my wifi/BT card so, yes, I would recommend it.  It does require patching in Clover but Handoff and Continuity both work fine download speeds are nearly the same for me as my computer hardwired with a gigabit ethernet port.  But here's the deal about installation.  You are right that there are two slots for half-mini pci-e cards.  The one next to hard drive bay 1 is for the HP Wireless Audio card.  Wifi/BT will NOT work if you plug the card into that slot.  It has to be plugged into the slot located next to the memory and mSATA slots.  In order to access it, you have to remove the 6 screws that hold the portion of the back cover on that does not slip off by unlocking the rear cover switch.  Make sure you remember which antenna wires connect to which terminals.

• Like 1

What's about Sierra installation (not update form another hackintosh) in a different partition of a Win 10's HDD (GPT)?

Same old method, clover with the dmg file of macOS Sierra?

Not sure what "old method" is, but I had to use pre-installed macOS to create my bootdrive.

There is a method to create one from Windows, but it involves too much 3rd party programs to do this.

What's about Sierra installation (not update form another hackintosh) in a different partition of a Win 10's HDD (GPT)?

Same old method, clover with the dmg file of macOS Sierra?

When I installed the first developer's preview of Sierra, I installed it on a fresh 40 GB partition that I use for testing and repair purposes only.  I extracted the InstallESD.dmg from the Sierra installation app and used the method which is pretty much the same as the method I described at the beginning of this thread for Mountain Lion.  It took me a while to get the USB installer to boot but that was because the most recent version of Clover at that time did not properly inject or patch kexts.  That's been changed.  Ever since, I have used the app to upgrade to newer versions of Sierra.  When I installed Sierra to my main partition, I used the app and it worked just fine.

If you want to install Sierra to a fresh partition using a USB installer, there are currently guides available on this forum to help you out.  If you need additional help from me, just let me know.

• Like 1