HP Envy 17t-3200 - Install and Run OS X/macOS

mnfesq

422 posts in this topic

which kext you used for battery and which patch in dsdt?

Can you upload the kext you used with capitan and the Patches? I think I've installed some wrong kext.

I use RehabMan's battery kext and DSDT patch.  You can get the latest version of his kext here:

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-acpi-battery-driver/downloads

And this patch worked for me:

https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/blob/master/battery/battery_HP-Envy-17t.txt

Yesterday I applied the patch, installed in s/l/e acpibattery latest release, fix permissions and did not work, now that I moved the kext to 10.11 folder works....WHY??Thank you!!
After updato to 10.11.6 Bluetooth did not work, is better patch dsdt?
I have these kext installed, is there any kext that I don't need?
Volumes/USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/ACPIBacklight.kext/
Volumes/USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/ACPIBatteryManager.kext/
Volumes/USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/AHCIPortInjector.kext/
Volumes/USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/AnyiSightCam.kext/
Volumes/USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/AppleHDADisabler.kext/
Volumes/USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/AtherosL1cEthernet.kext/
Volumes/USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext/
Volumes/USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/BrcmPatchRAM.kext/
Volumes/USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/BTFirmwareUploader.kext/
Volumes/USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext/
Volumes/USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext/
Volumes/USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/FakePCIID.kext/
Volumes/USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/FakeSMC.kext/
Volumes/USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/GenericBrightness.kext/
Volumes/USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/HWInfo.kext/
Volumes/USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/IntelCPUMonitor.kext/
Volumes/USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/VoodooHDA.kext/
Volumes/USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/
Volumes/USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/VoodooTSCSync.kext/

I have an envy 17 3290el, non 3d model,
This is the specs

Hewlett-Packard HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC
CPU Mobile QuadCore Intel Core i7-3840QM, 3600 MHz (36 x 100)
Intel Panther Point HM76, Intel Ivy Bridge
Memory 16288 MB (DDR3-1600 DDR3 SDRAM)
DIMM1: Corsair Vengeance CMSX8GX3M1A1600C1 8 GB DDR3-1600 DDR3 SDRAM
DIMM3: Corsair Vengeance CMSX8GX3M1A1600C1 8 GB DDR3-1600 DDR3 SDRAM
Intel® HD Graphics 4000 (2112 MB)
AMD Radeon HD 7850M (Heathrow)
Display LG Philips LP173WF1-TLB4 [17.3" LCD]
audio IDT 92HD91BXX @ Intel Panther Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [C-1] Intel Panther Point HDMI
Controller IDE Intel® 7 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller
Controller IDE AXO69DB8
HDD Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB SCSI Disk Device (500 GB, SATA-III)
HDD ST2000LM 003 HN-M201RAD SCSI Disk Device (1863 GB)
BD-DVDRW hp BDDVDRW CA30P SCSI CdRom Device
Network adapters
Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
Atheros AR5009 WIFI
Broadcom 20702 BLUETOOTH 4.0 adapter (Personal Area Network)
Controller USB2 Intel Panther Point PCH - USB 2.0 EHCI Controller #1 [C-1]
Controller USB2 Intel Panther Point PCH - USB 2.0 EHCI Controller #2 [C-1]
Controller USB3 Intel Panther Point PCH - USB 3.0 xHCI Controller [C-1]
Periferica USB HP TrueVision HD
Periferica USB HP Wireless Audio Adapter
Version DMI BIOS F.0B
DMI mainboard 1853 Version 71.14

Yesterday I applied the patch, installed in s/l/e acpibattery latest release, fix permissions and did not work, now that I moved the kext to 10.11 folder works....WHY??Thank you!!

After updato to 10.11.6 Bluetooth did not work, is better patch dsdt?

I have these kext installed, is there any kext that I don't need?

Volumes/USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/ACPIBacklight.kext/

Volumes/USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/ACPIBatteryManager.kext/

Volumes/USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/AHCIPortInjector.kext/

Volumes/USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/AnyiSightCam.kext/

Volumes/USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/AppleHDADisabler.kext/

Volumes/USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/AtherosL1cEthernet.kext/

Volumes/USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext/

Volumes/USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/BrcmPatchRAM.kext/

Volumes/USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/BTFirmwareUploader.kext/

Volumes/USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext/

Volumes/USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext/

Volumes/USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/FakePCIID.kext/

Volumes/USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/FakeSMC.kext/

Volumes/USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/GenericBrightness.kext/

Volumes/USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/HWInfo.kext/

Volumes/USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/IntelCPUMonitor.kext/

Volumes/USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/VoodooHDA.kext/

Volumes/USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/

Volumes/USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/VoodooTSCSync.kext/

I have an envy 17 3290el, non 3d model,

This is the specs

Hewlett-Packard HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC

CPU Mobile QuadCore Intel Core i7-3840QM, 3600 MHz (36 x 100)

Intel Panther Point HM76, Intel Ivy Bridge

Memory 16288 MB (DDR3-1600 DDR3 SDRAM)

DIMM1: Corsair Vengeance CMSX8GX3M1A1600C1 8 GB DDR3-1600 DDR3 SDRAM

DIMM3: Corsair Vengeance CMSX8GX3M1A1600C1 8 GB DDR3-1600 DDR3 SDRAM

Intel® HD Graphics 4000 (2112 MB)

AMD Radeon HD 7850M (Heathrow)

Dislay LG Philips LP173WF1-TLB4 [17.3" LCD]

audio IDT 92HD91BXX @ Intel Panther Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [C-1] Intel Panther Point HDMI

Controller IDE Intel® 7 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller

Controller IDE AXO69DB8

HDD Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB SCSI Disk Device (500 GB, SATA-III)

BD-DVDRW hp BDDVDRW CA30P SCSI CdRom Device

Network adapters

Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)

Atheros 9280 WIFI

Broadcom 20702 BLUETOOTH 4.0 adapter (Personal Area Network)

Controller USB2 Intel Panther Point PCH - USB 2.0 EHCI Controller #1 [C-1]

Controller USB2 Intel Panther Point PCH - USB 2.0 EHCI Controller #2 [C-1]

Controller USB3 Intel Panther Point PCH - USB 3.0 xHCI Controller [C-1]

Periferica USB HP TrueVision HD

Periferica USB HP Wireless Audio Adapter

Version DMI BIOS F.0B

DMI mainboard 1853 Version 71.14

I see you are using Slice's version of HW Monitor.  That's fine but I have better sensors with Kozlak's version.

To get BT to work, I would use BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext.  I deleted FakePCIID.kext but that's because I don't need it.  Why do you?

• 3 weeks later...

I see you are using Slice's version of HW Monitor.  That's fine but I have better sensors with Kozlak's version.

To get BT to work, I would use BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext.  I deleted FakePCIID.kext but that's because I don't need it.  Why do you?

Because without it and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext usb do not work. I deleted and now do not work, I reinstalled and do not work too......

Because without it and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext usb do not work. I deleted and now do not work, I reinstalled and do not work too......

I made some minor DSDT edits to make USB work.  I had problems with USB with Yosemite but they were resolved with El Capitan and they are not a problem with Sierra.

All I did was rename EHC1 and EHC2 to EH01 and EH02.  See this guide to fix USB:  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306777-guide-usb-fix-el-capitan-1011/

• 1 month later...

You need to create a multi-output device using Audio Midi Setup.

Hello, sorry to interrupt you, I'm wondering if you have successfully upgraded to macOS Sierra? I'm having Envy 17t-3200 CTO too and graphic card is 7850M. I have been using chameleon to boot EI Capitan, and since our last communication and with your help previously in this thread it worked fine until recently upgrading to macOS Sierra and it went into black screen again when setting GraphicEnabler=Yes. Unfortunately since last time I failed in figuring out why exactly my graphic card was not fully detected, I guess chameleon was not fully working. Thus I want to switch to Clover but I haven't used it before so I'm wondering if you can provide a tutorial of installing clover on Envy 17t and use it to boot macOS?

OK, I will try to get you running Clover.  Some of this I have covered previously in this thread and will direct you to the posts where the information is still available and current (such as setting up your laptop to boot from the UEFI partition.)

Assuming your drive has a GUID partition, an EFI partition was created automatically.  In Disk Utility, if you select information for your system drive, it will likely be disk0s2.  Your EFI partition will then likely be disk0s1.  The EFI partition needs to be formatted in Fat32.  To do this, open Terminal and enter this code:

sudo newfs_msdos -v EFI -F 32 /dev/rdisk0s1

After you enter your password, it will format the EFI partition.  It only takes a few seconds.

Download the most recent version of Clover from Sourceforge here:  https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/

The basic options are in this photo:  If it has a check mark next to it, you are selecting all of the options in that section.  If it has a minus symbol next to it, you are selecting only some of the options and we will need to go over those in more detail.

post-270804-0-75456800-1474730536_thumb.png

For bootloader and Clover EFI, see the photo below:

post-270804-0-61369000-1474730762_thumb.png

For Drivers64UEFI,  see the photo below:

post-270804-0-64650000-1474730864_thumb.png

Once you complete the installation, you need to modify it manually.  It will be mounted since you just installed it and the installer leaves the EFI partition mounted.  Go to EFI/EFI/Clover.  You will see a few files and several folders.  First, let's deal with the folders.  In ACPI/Patched, copy your DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml that you used in Chameleon (Extra).  Then, in Kexts, create a new folder called 10.12.  In that folder, place all of your custom kexts, including FakeSMC.kext.  Next, you need to replace the existing config.plist with this one:

config.plist.zip

My config.plist has my system drive selected as the drive to boot from but I named my system drive SSD-macOS.  You should change that to the name of your system drive.  If not, you will have the opportunity to select it when you boot up.  Also, I have a customized theme called BW.  You can use that or select your own theme.  Here's the BW theme.  Add it to the Themes folder in Clover.

BW.zip

If you cannot get your laptop to boot from the UEFI partition, follow the set up I created in this post:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286287-guide-ml-on-hp-envy-17-3200-cto/?p=2016912

This should be enough information to get you up and running with Clover.  Good luck.

P.S. - Your laptop does not use the 7850M GPU unless it is a 3D model (mine is not.). Mine uses the Intel HD4000 GPU.  If you don't have the 3D model, you either need to inject Intel in the graphics section of the config.plist, or you need to have a DSDT patch for it, like I do.  

One last thing.  You can download Clover Configurator to help you mount the EFI partition when you need to and edit your config.plist file as well.  Sometimes, when it comes to kext patches, Clover Configurator does not work as well as PlistEditPro.  Most of the time, however, it works great.

OK, I will try to get you running Clover.  Some of this I have covered previously in this thread and will direct you to the posts where the information is still available and current (such as setting up your laptop to boot from the UEFI partition.)

Assuming your drive has a GUID partition, an EFI partition was created automatically.  In Disk Utility, if you select information for your system drive, it will likely be disk0s2.  Your EFI partition will then likely be disk0s1.  The EFI partition needs to be formatted in Fat32.  To do this, open Terminal and enter this code:

sudo newfs_msdos -v EFI -F 32 /dev/rdisk0s1

After you enter your password, it will format the EFI partition.  It only takes a few seconds.

Download the most recent version of Clover from Sourceforge here:  https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/

The basic options are in this photo:  If it has a check mark next to it, you are selecting all of the options in that section.  If it has a minus symbol next to it, you are selecting only some of the options and we will need to go over those in more detail.

attachicon.gifUntitled1.png

For bootloader and Clover EFI, see the photo below:

attachicon.gifUntitled2.png

For Drivers64UEFI,  see the photo below:

attachicon.gifUntitled3.png

Once you complete the installation, you need to modify it manually.  It will be mounted since you just installed it and the installer leaves the EFI partition mounted.  Go to EFI/EFI/Clover.  You will see a few files and several folders.  First, let's deal with the folders.  In ACPI/Patched, copy your DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml that you used in Chameleon (Extra).  Then, in Kexts, create a new folder called 10.12.  In that folder, place all of your custom kexts, including FakeSMC.kext.  Next, you need to replace the existing config.plist with this one:

attachicon.gifconfig.plist.zip

My config.plist has my system drive selected as the drive to boot from but I named my system drive SSD-macOS.  You should change that to the name of your system drive.  If not, you will have the opportunity to select it when you boot up.  Also, I have a customized theme called BW.  You can use that or select your own theme.  Here's the BW theme.  Add it to the Themes folder in Clover.

attachicon.gifBW.zip

If you cannot get your laptop to boot from the UEFI partition, follow the set up I created in this post:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286287-guide-ml-on-hp-envy-17-3200-cto/?p=2016912

This should be enough information to get you up and running with Clover.  Good luck.

P.S. - Your laptop does not use the 7850M GPU unless it is a 3D model (mine is not.). Mine uses the Intel HD4000 GPU.  If you don't have the 3D model, you either need to inject Intel in the graphics section of the config.plist, or you need to have a DSDT patch for it, like I do.  

One last thing.  You can download Clover Configurator to help you mount the EFI partition when you need to and edit your config.plist file as well.  Sometimes, when it comes to kext patches, Clover Configurator does not work as well as PlistEditPro.  Most of the time, however, it works great.

Hi, thank you so very much for your reply. first I want to say that my laptop is the 3D model, that means I can't use the Intel GPU but only the 7850M one. Also my laptop still use the traditional BIOS system and MBR partition table.  I guess I am not able to create EFI partitions on the laptop disk drive. However I managed to installed Clover on a USB drive and I can enter Clover by booting from it while starting up. And I used your config.plist file for bootloading, but unfortunately it stuck on this screen forever:

post-1423833-0-95909900-1474741031_thumb.jpg

So far I still haven't figured out where the problem locates...

Also as we discussed last year when solving 10.10.4 black screen issue we solved by replacing the AMDFrameBuffer file inside the 10.10.4 AMDFrameBuffer.kext with the 10.10.3 one. I have tried by comparing the two AMDFrameBuffer files between 10.10.3 and 10.10.4 using HexEdit but got nothing as I couldn't find any regulations or relations. I think that the problem should still be the AMDFrameBuffer file because the replacement method worked all the past year until 10.11.6, but since in macOS Sierra there is a big change on the formations of Framebuffers this method does not work any more. I tried using AMD Frambuffer Utility to modify the framebuffer values (according to the software 7850m GPU corresponds to Pondweed in AMD6000Controller) but it didn't work either. Below I attached the Extra folder while I was using Chameleon booloader. It contains the extracted ROM file, Chameleon bootloading configs, DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml, and all the kexts I needed. Before macOS Sierra it all worked with GraphicEnabler=Yes, but now I can only enter Sierra by setting GraphicEnabler=No, which prevented the system from detecting the GPU and also lost Quartz Extreme & Core Image function.

To be frank I don't know what I should do for now, whether to get Clover work or to solve the FrameBuffer issue. I am wondering if you could help check these files and figure out the real problem. And I would very much appreciate it if you'd like to have a look. Thank you so much!

Hi, thank you so very much for your reply. first I want to say that my laptop is the 3D model, that means I can't use the Intel GPU but only the 7850M one. Also my laptop still use the traditional BIOS system and MBR partition table.  I guess I am not able to create EFI partitions on the laptop disk drive. However I managed to installed Clover on a USB drive and I can enter Clover by booting from it while starting up. And I used your config.plist file for bootloading, but unfortunately it stuck on this screen forever:

So far I still haven't figured out where the problem locates...

Also as we discussed last year when solving 10.10.4 black screen issue we solved by replacing the AMDFrameBuffer file inside the 10.10.4 AMDFrameBuffer.kext with the 10.10.3 one. I have tried by comparing the two AMDFrameBuffer files between 10.10.3 and 10.10.4 using HexEdit but got nothing as I couldn't find any regulations or relations. I think that the problem should still be the AMDFrameBuffer file because the replacement method worked all the past year until 10.11.6, but since in macOS Sierra there is a big change on the formations of Framebuffers this method does not work any more. I tried using AMD Frambuffer Utility to modify the framebuffer values (according to the software 7850m GPU corresponds to Pondweed in AMD6000Controller) but it didn't work either. Below I attached the Extra folder while I was using Chameleon booloader. It contains the extracted ROM file, Chameleon bootloading configs, DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml, and all the kexts I needed. Before macOS Sierra it all worked with GraphicEnabler=Yes, but now I can only enter Sierra by setting GraphicEnabler=No, which prevented the system from detecting the GPU and also lost Quartz Extreme & Core Image function.

To be frank I don't know what I should do for now, whether to get Clover work or to solve the FrameBuffer issue. I am wondering if you could help check these files and figure out the real problem. And I would very much appreciate it if you'd like to have a look. Thank you so much!

Well, you have a lot of issues to deal with.  First of all, you must have Windows as your main OS because I can't figure out why you would have an MBR format.  Since you have 2 hard drive bays, why don't you install macOS on one drive and Windows on the other.  In my case, I have an mSATA SSD that only cost about $120 for 256 GB that I use for macOS.  Putting your bootloader in UEFI is the way of the future.  The link I gave you will allow your laptop to boot from an EFI partition. You just need to follow the instructions.  

Clover will allow you to inject the ATI properties needed to run your 7850M.  I'm not exactly sure how to do it because mine is locked by the BIOS and I'm stuck with Intel HD4000.  Using old kexts is not an optimal solution.  That method has caught up with you.  Still, it appears that your Clover boot is getting stuck because of your USB settings in config.plist.  The one I gave you is not set up for a USB drive.  Using Clover Configurator, select to inject USB properties and USB Ownership.  That should get you past the point where you are getting struck now.  Let me know how far you get fixing the USB.

Well, you have a lot of issues to deal with.  First of all, you must have Windows as your main OS because I can't figure out why you would have an MBR format.  Since you have 2 hard drive bays, why don't you install macOS on one drive and Windows on the other.  In my case, I have an mSATA SSD that only cost about $120 for 256 GB that I use for macOS.  Putting your bootloader in UEFI is the way of the future.  The link I gave you will allow your laptop to boot from an EFI partition. You just need to follow the instructions.  

Clover will allow you to inject the ATI properties needed to run your 7850M.  I'm not exactly sure how to do it because mine is locked by the BIOS and I'm stuck with Intel HD4000.  Using old kexts is not an optimal solution.  That method has caught up with you.  Still, it appears that your Clover boot is getting stuck because of your USB settings in config.plist.  The one I gave you is not set up for a USB drive.  Using Clover Configurator, select to inject USB properties and USB Ownership.  That should get you past the point where you are getting struck now.  Let me know how far you get fixing the USB.

LOL seems like you are a real life saver for me ^^ I re-customized config.plist using Clover Configurator as you instructed and this time it worked! The USB drive bootloader successfully lead me to macOS and this GPU was detected and worked fine! What was left a black screen forever turned into a black screen for couple seconds and then BooYah~~~~ 

This is the modified config.plist that worked:

config.plist.zip

But for now the battery icon on the taskbar looks weird this time. I think I'll need to fix that. but anyway the macOS is back to work again. By the way I didn't change anything about the kexts. I guess its just that Clover works better than Chameleon as I witness it.

Besides my laptop has the MBR table since the time I get it. I never opened it from the back and never now that I have two hard disk bays. I wish I could do as you showed me but I don't know how to do it. Anyway I am planning on keep using this laptop for couple more months and I would like to get a real macbook, so until then it would satisfy me enough as long as it is working ^^ Thank you s much for helping me again ^^

• Like 1

A new question: I kept trying to solve the battery icon problem, but got no luck so far. Here is the RehabMan DSDT patch and the ACPIBatteryManager.kext I used for Chameleon and it worked before:

Battery.zip

post-1423833-0-77043400-1474868850_thumb.png

I also tried downloading the latest ACPIBatteryManager.kext from rehabman's link (https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-acpi-battery-driver/downloads) but after that it went to black screen forever again. So I deleted the latest one and re-used the above one again, I could enter macOS but battery still wasn't recognized. Have you got any solution for this?

Thank you, and by the way could you also show me how you solved the bluetooth function issue please?

Are you talking about HandOff or pairing?  Which BT chipset do you have?  Mine did not come with my laptop and you must have the stock one since you haven't ever opened up your laptop.  In fact, mine did not have BT initially.  It had a wifi chip and an HP Audio chip.  No BT.

Hey mnfesq,

What utility would you use to make an exact clone of a macOS drive? Specifically one running Mavericks before I jump to Sierra...

I have always had good results just using Time Machine.  I've never had to use any 3rd-party apps for System Backup/Restore (whole disk).

Okay great. Time Machine can work without [much] issue using Clover?

You will have to create a new EFI partition and install Clover on it.  After that, you can copy and paste your previous Clover folder into the EFI folder on the EFI partition.

Are you talking about HandOff or pairing?  Which BT chipset do you have?  Mine did not come with my laptop and you must have the stock one since you haven't ever opened up your laptop.  In fact, mine did not have BT initially.  It had a wifi chip and an HP Audio chip.  No BT.

I have always had good results just using Time Machine.  I've never had to use any 3rd-party apps for System Backup/Restore (whole disk).

My laptop has built-in Bluetooth device, its Broadcom 20702 Bluetooth 4.0. I can make it work by changing hardware ID in IOBluetoothFamily.kext. But somehow it looks like the bluetooth has conflict with the battery patch. Everytime only one of these two could work. And if I repair permissions and rebuild cache the bluetooth driver works and battery icon will be left with an "X". And if I repair and rebuild again it may cause the horrific "Invalid node structure" issue. I don't think I can figure this out based on my current knowledge. I would leave it be as it doesn't mater too much. Thank you!

I just upgraded to 3773 and decided to double check the kexts folders before i went ahead with Sierra. Why am i missing 10.12? Isn't the Clover installer supposed to make all the version folders? The highest i have is 10.11

Okay, off to a rocky start.... (not sure why i thought this would be smooth)

Tried to jump from Yosemite to Sierra. Clover 3773, 10.10 kexts copied to 10.12.

Started the installer in Yosemite. Rebooted and then bam kp!

macOS installer gives me aptiodrvfix error (requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation block). Was I supposed to update more stuff?

Trying to boot to the Yosemite installer on my usb gives me this (see pic). I updated clover on the usb to 3773 and also copied my kexts to a 10.12 folder

post-594444-0-70397500-1475372650_thumb.jpg

Ive tried each of the aptio fixes that comes with 3773 and each of them give me the same thing when i try and restart into the Sierra installer. (to add, i downloaded Sierra from the store and started the installer from Yosemite). I've tried booting without caches, with no luck.

Pic attached

post-594444-0-10066500-1475426230_thumb.jpg

I actually got further along by changing my bios settings to disable CSM. Now i'm getting a voodoops2 panic. gonna look into that now

EDIT: updated voodooPS2 kext to the latest one from RehabMan's bitbucket.

Newest hurdle is here (attached)

post-594444-0-77353900-1475457243_thumb.jpg