• Please log in to reply
340 replies to this topic

mimose0815

mimose0815

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi I think its a Usb port Problem. And U got right thats my Notebook. Can U plz show me the easiest way to fix them?

Thx again

btw Yeeeeeeeeeehaaaawwwwwwwwwww Rednek :hysterical:

http://imageshack.us/f/692/97he.jpg/ Thats the Screenshot u wanted

mnfesq

mnfesq

Emenef, Esquire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Hi I think its a Usb port Problem. And U got right thats my Notebook. Can U plz show me the easiest way to fix them?

Thx again

btw Yeeeeeeeeeehaaaawwwwwwwwwww Rednek :hysterical:

http://imageshack.us/f/692/97he.jpg/ Thats the Screenshot u wanted

It looks like your USB is working but that a USB device is not initializing.  Do you have any USB devices plugged in other than the installation stick?  If so, disconnect and see if you get past that error.  If not, it may be a built-in USB device.  It also might be that your video drivers are supposed to load at that point and are not loading.  What have you done to set up your video (since the stuff I gave you won't work with your Radeon GPU)?

mnfesq

mnfesq

Emenef, Esquire

• Members
  • 1,193 posts

Here's the VoodooHDA.kext that is modified to include my Beats Audio subwoofer.  It shows up as Speaker (Multi).  To get it to work with the other speakers in my laptop (Speaker (Analog)), you need to create a multi-output device.

Attached File  VoodooHDA.kext.zip   76.03KB   27 downloads

Qdezi

Qdezi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

@mnfesq:

Thanks for your awesome guide! ;)

Do you have any idea on brightness control? I searched many sites but still cannot deal with this

mnfesq

mnfesq

Emenef, Esquire

• Members
  • 1,193 posts

I used the DSDT modification and GenericBrightness.kext to get brightness control to work. I use KeyRemap4MacBook to map brightness controls to my F1 and F2 keys.  Check out this link and let me know if you need any help inserting the DSDT modification.

http://www.insanelym...brightnesskext/

Qdezi

Qdezi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

I used the DSDT modification and GenericBrightness.kext to get brightness control to work. I use KeyRemap4MacBook to map brightness controls to my F1 and F2 keys.  Check out this link and let me know if you need any help inserting the DSDT modification.

http://www.insanelym...brightnesskext/

A bit tough for me 'cause I'm a newbie in Hackintosh (this is my first ever Hackintosh). I'm trying to figure it out. I have some more questions that need your help..

1. What kext do you use for SD Card reader?

2. About brightness control, you use the #1 or #2 driver mentioned in that link?

Thanks in advanced!

mnfesq

mnfesq

Emenef, Esquire

• Members
  • 1,193 posts

The SD card reader is not likely to ever work.  Apple uses a USB card reader and we have a PCI-e card reader.  We'll have to wait and see if Apple switches hardware in its newest Mac laptops.  

As for screen brightness, like I said above, I use the GenericBrightness.kext.  That's the #1 driver mentioned in the link.

Qdezi

Qdezi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

The SD card reader is not likely to ever work.  Apple uses a USB card reader and we have a PCI-e card reader.  We'll have to wait and see if Apple switches hardware in its newest Mac laptops.  

As for screen brightness, like I said above, I use the GenericBrightness.kext.  That's the #1 driver mentioned in the link.

I use DSDT Editor to open your dsdt.aml in Extra folder, but don't know where to insert these lines to the file. Could you show me please?

Do you have Bluray Combo drive in your Envy? Mines doesnot work since it has no power when I boot into Mac. Are there any way (or kext, dsdt...) to fix it?

Thanks!

EDIT: Is this your new bluetooth card for working with Mac?

http://www.ebay.com/...0-/251109016335

styrian

styrian

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,047 posts

@Qdezi

For your Bluray Combo try to install the sata module of Chameleon bootloader to get it powered on at boot.

Have fun.

Qdezi

Qdezi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

@Qdezi

For your Bluray Combo try to install the sata module of Chameleon bootloader to get it powered on at boot.

Have fun.

Thanks for your idea! I've tried but nothing is changed. I still can't use the discs while working in the OS, what I have to do is to put the disc into the drive's slot, then shutdown, boot up again and the disc is running!  :lol:

mnfesq

mnfesq

Emenef, Esquire

• Members
  • 1,193 posts

I use DSDT Editor to open your dsdt.aml in Extra folder, but don't know where to insert these lines to the file. Could you show me please?

Do you have Bluray Combo drive in your Envy? Mines doesnot work since it has no power when I boot into Mac. Are there any way (or kext, dsdt...) to fix it?

Thanks!

EDIT: Is this your new bluetooth card for working with Mac?

http://www.ebay.com/...0-/251109016335

Here is my most recent DSDT.aml.  It has the mod to show the slider bar for brightness in display preferences.  It also has fixes to allow the use of vanilla wifi kext and usb kext.

Attached File  DSDT.aml.zip   29.76KB   21 downloads

I can't help you with the Blueray because I don't have that device in my laptop.  As for Bluetooth, that card will work for you oob.

styrian

styrian

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,047 posts

@Qdezi

This should be the solution for your DVDRWBD. Get the kext of the linked post and follow the instrutions of the first post of this topic.

Here you go: http://www.insanelym...159-apple-shipp

Have fun.

Qdezi

Qdezi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

@Qdezi

This should be the solution for your DVDRWBD. Get the kext of the linked post and follow the instrutions of the first post of this topic.

Here you go: http://www.insanelym...159-apple-shipp

Have fun.

Thanks mate! I nearly did it, but having no idea about building .kext file is the last barrier to me! I'm trying to learn it soon.

Here is my most recent DSDT.aml.  It has the mod to show the slider bar for brightness in display preferences.  It also has fixes to allow the use of vanilla wifi kext and usb kext.

attachicon.gifDSDT.aml.zip

I can't help you with the Blueray because I don't have that device in my laptop.  As for Bluetooth, that card will work for you oob.

Thanks to your dsdt, my eyes are protected now! herher.

I'm curious about how many speedstep do you have, 2 or more? My Envy has only 2, it produces a bit much heat, and the battery life is terrible compared to Win8.1 (less than 1h vs. nearly 4h). How is your status?

mnfesq

mnfesq

Emenef, Esquire

• Members
  • 1,193 posts

Thanks to your dsdt, my eyes are protected now! herher.

I'm curious about how many speedstep do you have, 2 or more? My Envy has only 2, it produces a bit much heat, and the battery life is terrible compared to Win8.1 (less than 1h vs. nearly 4h). How is your status?

I have at least 5 speed steps.  I am using my custom SSDT.aml and the smbios for mbp8,3.  But remember, I have the i5 3210M cpu.  You have an i7, yes?  You can use MaciASL to extract your SSDT.  Then, you may need to experiment with different versions of smbios until you get full speedstepping.

Qdezi

Qdezi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

I have at least 5 speed steps.  I am using my custom SSDT.aml and the smbios for mbp8,3.  But remember, I have the i5 3210M cpu.  You have an i7, yes?  You can use MaciASL to extract your SSDT.  Then, you may need to experiment with different versions of smbios until you get full speedstepping.

Oh god, after a few try finally I have at least 5 steps, including turboboost (2.58 & 3.07GHz)! I own the i7 3610QM. And now it seems to match with SMBios of Macbook 8.2! The minimum state now is 1.29GHz, (vs. 1.19GHz before). So my Envy now is functional as nearly 99% of an actual Macbook! Lol.

Thank you so much, and waitin' for your next guide 'Mavericks'! ;)

Qdezi

Qdezi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

@mnfesq:

When you were in ML 10.8.5, you can log-out w/o problems, can't you? I have system crashed everytime I log out.

Does anybody here have the same issue w me??

mnfesq

mnfesq

Emenef, Esquire

• Members
  • 1,193 posts

No, I have not encountered that problem.  What do you mean, the system crashed?  Was it a KP, did it freeze, did it reboot, what?

Qdezi

Qdezi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

No, I have not encountered that problem.  What do you mean, the system crashed?  Was it a KP, did it freeze, did it reboot, what?

Ahh it's freezed, mouse and keyboeard become unusable, the screen turn to grey. I have to press the power button to shutdown...

mnfesq

mnfesq

Emenef, Esquire

• Members
  • 1,193 posts

Do you have the same problem restarting or shutting down?  Or just logging off?  I'm wondering if it might have something to do with kernelcache.

Qdezi

Qdezi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Do you have the same problem restarting or shutting down?  Or just logging off?  I'm wondering if it might have something to do with kernelcache.

Tonight I re-check and see that it's still freezed when I log-out, but the screen isn't gray, it shows the log-in screen with User and password box, but - again - no mouse, no keyboard, no responsible except the long-pressed power button! Only logging out! Restarting or shutting down is normal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy