HP Envy 17t-3200 - Install and Run OS X/macOS

mnfesq

422 posts in this topic

So I was intrigued by your last post.  My Device WMID had the portion you posted in its original form, before the upgrade to BIOS F0B.  However, the Device WLBU is only in the DSDT after the upgrade to BIOS F0B and it also changes the H_EC device in order to make the button operable.  As soon as I have time, I am going to take the DSDT that includes all of the patches added by BIOS F0B and patch it for my Hackintosh and see if that resolves the F12 Wifi/BT toggle issue.  

Did you tried the DSDT I've attached?

I did, and it appears to be working.  I had to turn off BT and turn it back on to actually connect to a BT device but it did work after turning it off and back on.  It.  also works after waking from sleep. What did you change?  BTW, I am using BIOS F0B.

I removed your changes under "Method (_Q20....." and reverted to the original.

Why you changed it?

First of all, I had also figured out that the issue had to be with H_EC/_Q20.  I tried making some modifications today but never got the Wifi/BT toggle working correctly.  Secondly, I don't think I ever patched _Q20.  But it does get patched automatically based upon which BIOS you use.  When you are running BIOS version F0B, you get the _Q20 that notifies WLBU.  When you run BIOS version F08, you get the _Q20 that starts with "If (BTLS)".  Third, I looked at my DSDT and, for _Q20, it matches the DSDT you edited for me.  I suspect there may be some difference with Device WMID.  I'm pretty confused about all this but am glad yours works for me.  Thanks.

Problem solved with VT, was a problem with instant wake, patched with DSDT patch USB3 _PRW 0x0D, removed dart=0

I have the following code in my EH01 and EH02 but not in my XHC.  Where did you put that patch?  

Name (_ADR, 0x001D0007)  // _ADR: Address
            Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)  // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
            {
                0x0D, 
                0x03
            })
            OperationRegion (PWRC, PCI_Config, 0x52, 0x2F)
            Field (PWRC, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
            {
                    ,   11, 
                PMES,   5, 
                Offset (0x2E), 
                WRTA,   1
            }

OperationRegion (EOWN, PCI_Config, 0x68, 0x04)
            Field (EOWN, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
            {
                Offset (0x02), 
                HCBO,   1, 
                Offset (0x03), 
                HCOO,   1
            }

Have you got my same problem?

here you are

# Insert Apple USB properties into USB 3.0 XHC
into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x00140000 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x00140000 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "subsystem-id", Buffer() { 0x70, 0x72, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
        "subsystem-vendor-id", Buffer() { 0x86, 0x80, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
        "AAPL,current-available", 2100,\n
        "AAPL,current-extra", 2200,\n
        "AAPL,current-extra-in-sleep", 1600,\n
        "AAPL,device-internal", 0x02,\n
        "AAPL,max-port-current-in-sleep", 2100,\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

Have you got my same problem?

here you are

# Insert Apple USB properties into USB 3.0 XHC
into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x00140000 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x00140000 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "subsystem-id", Buffer() { 0x70, 0x72, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
        "subsystem-vendor-id", Buffer() { 0x86, 0x80, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
        "AAPL,current-available", 2100,\n
        "AAPL,current-extra", 2200,\n
        "AAPL,current-extra-in-sleep", 1600,\n
        "AAPL,device-internal", 0x02,\n
        "AAPL,max-port-current-in-sleep", 2100,\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

No, I don't have any problem with either USB 3.0 or Virtualization.  I was just wondering what you needed that I didn't have.  Glad you got that fixed.  Let me know how Parallels works for you.  I have mine set up with my virtual machine of Windows located on a hard drive other than my boot drive and I have it access another drive as the main drive to save documents.  Specifically, I save all of my documents from my Windows 10 VM on a NTFS-formatted hard drive that has its own installation of Windows 10 on it.  You will need Tuxera NTFS in order to write to an NTFS-formatted hard drive should you try this method for yourself.

Why in about my mac I see macbook pro 13 inch?

Need To inject edid?? Or change smbios? I'm on 9,2

It's your serial number, which is most likely mine since I never deleted it before I posted my config.plist.  There is a way to change what is listed in About This Mac.  Just edit the .plist shown below.  It's in username/Library/Preferences.

post-270804-0-63995200-1488306526_thumb.png

You used to be able to change the icon in About This Mac too.  Maybe you still can.  Back when I cared about stuff like this, I made this icon:

post-270804-0-15872500-1488307213_thumb.jpg

com.apple.macbookpro-13-unibody.icns.zip

I'm on f08....

Any news with wireless button with f0b? 

Wireless toggle is working fine.  The LED light changes to amber sometimes when wifi/BT is disabled but not always.  Still, it toggles back on and works fine after waking from sleep. Good job on the DSDT edit.

Wireless toggle is working fine.  The LED light changes to amber sometimes when wifi/BT is disabled but not always.  Still, it toggles back on and works fine after waking from sleep. Good job on the DSDT edit.

Did you use the DSDT that I've edited or you have applied  some mods?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I installed the first developer's preview of Sierra, I installed it on a fresh 40 GB partition that I use for testing and repair purposes only. I extracted the InstallESD.dmg from the Sierra installation app and used the method which is pretty much the same as the method I described at the beginning of this thread for Mountain Lion. It took me a while to get the USB installer to boot but that was because the most recent version of Clover at that time did not properly inject or patch kexts. That's been changed. Ever since, I have used the app to upgrade to newer versions of Sierra. When I installed Sierra to my main partition, I used the app and it worked just fine.

If you want to install Sierra to a fresh partition using a USB installer, there are currently guides available on this forum to help you out. If you need additional help from me, just let me know.

I AM "thesimaoli", I cannot recovery my password account at this time, I think that's a problem of the forum that does not send emails.

Hi guys,

As I said in a previous post, I’ve installed Sierra on my temporary HD to be ready to install it on my new SSD that’s on the way in two-three weeks…

So, my pc is the same of mnfesq, HP Envy 17-3200 CTO with latest bios, except that I've an i7 3610QM @2,3GHz processor and 8GB of RAM.

Sierra 10.12.4,

Installed with ##### (that’s the only way I can do the usb installer) on a 64gb stick (need to be partitioned at maximum of 32gb)

Clover

At this time, clover is only installed in my usb stick, because I want to leave the hd fresh until knowing how fixing all problems.

@mnfesq:

Now I would appreciate your help, because I'm not sure that all is working as expected.

First of all, I’ve copied your kexts, your (latest) DSDT and your ssdt found in this thread.

As you can see in attached files, I have these kexts (see photo) in my Clover/EFI/Kexts/10.12, your config.plist and your DSDT and ssdt.

Please, take a look to my screenshot to check if there are something that not works/or isn't fully recognised.

Otherwise, I need to boot with these boot args:

Boot args: need -v dart=0 cpus=1 and FixUsbOwnership in PCI DEVICE on Clover Options.

What I have to do/adjust to fix all problems we know about this hardware?

And, my Wifi AR9285 is not working, can you suggest a new card supporting native BT, airport, and handoff?

We can also write a fully updated step-by-step guide to fixing problems, because all fixes are on different pages of this thread, that’s can be difficult to understand for someone, like me.

config.plist.zip

DSDT+ssdt.zip

kexts folder.tiff

System Report.zip

I'm not sure what problems you are having.  I can tell you that you shouldn't need any of the boot args you say you are using.  I didn't see any of those boot args in your config.plist.

I see that you have not created a multi-output device to combine the analog and multi speaker devices.  Therefore, you do not have full audio with front, top and bottom speakers.  Use Audio Midi Setup to create the multi-output device.

Since you have the LAPIC patch enabled in your config.plist, you shouldn't need to boot with cpus=1.  Once you boot with full cpu support, you should see much better performance.  

You should not use the KernelPM patch in your config.plist.  That is for Haswell systems, not Ivy Bridge.

I recommend you make your own custom SSDT since we have difference cpus.  Use ssdtGen to make one.

I'm not sure if you can get the Atheros wifi to work.  I know there are some kext patches the enable Atheros wifi/bt cards.  Still, I am happy using the Wifi/BT card in my signature.  Check out this thread:  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/292542-airport-pcie-half-mini/

Check out this thread if you want to experiment with getting your card reader to work.  Mine does until I put my laptop to sleep.  When it wakes from sleep, the card reader no longer works.  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321080-sineteks-driver-for-realtek-rtsx-sdhc-card-readers/

I know that this thread has not been organized very well but there are only a few of us on this board that still have this laptop.  I think it is a great model and looks and works as good as any newer model but let's face it - this is an older laptop and I'm not going to put in a lot of work on what is going to be a legacy model in a year or two.

If you have any specific questions about your installation, let me know by posting in this thread.

I'm not sure what problems you are having.  I can tell you that you shouldn't need any of the boot args you say you are using.  I didn't see any of those boot args in your config.plist.

I would know what entries I have to remove from your files, due our processor difference. And, what are the kexts that I have to remove due the direct patching in our DSDT? I don't want to cause conflicts or some like that.

I see that you have not created a multi-output device to combine the analog and multi speaker devices.  Therefore, you do not have full audio with front, top and bottom speakers.  Use Audio Midi Setup to create the multi-output device.

I know, that's because yesterday, when I created it I was not able to modify the volume of speakers; as I remember a long time ago in ML I was not able to modify volume of multi-output but I was able to modify the single device volume, and I used to maintain the 50% proportion/ratio of them due the sound problems. (Sorry If I am not clear, but English is not my first language)

Since you have the LAPIC patch enabled in your config.plist, you shouldn't need to boot with cpus=1.  Once you boot with full cpu support, you should see much better performance.

Okay, I used to patch the kernel with ML, now is most simply, thanks.

You should not use the KernelPM patch in your config.plist.  That is for Haswell systems, not Ivy Bridge.

Well, I have changed it, thanks again.

I recommend you make your own custom SSDT since we have difference cpus.  Use ssdtGen to make one.

I'm not sure if you can get the Atheros wifi to work.  I know there are some kext patches the enable Atheros wifi/bt cards.  Still, I am happy using the Wifi/BT card in my signature.  Check out this thread:  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/292542-airport-pcie-half-mini/

Oh right, I think Atheros is not supported by Sierra, I remember it works in ML. I will buy your same card, does it work with handoff functionality?

Check out this thread if you want to experiment with getting your card reader to work.  Mine does until I put my laptop to sleep.  When it wakes from sleep, the card reader no longer works.  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321080-sineteks-driver-for-realtek-rtsx-sdhc-card-readers/

Okay, i will try.

I know that this thread has not been organized very well but there are only a few of us on this board that still have this laptop.  I think it is a great model and looks and works as good as any newer model but let's face it - this is an older laptop and I'm not going to put in a lot of work on what is going to be a legacy model in a year or two.

And finally, you're right. Sadly, we are only ten people who bought this laptop! Lol, not funny. Our lucky is to have a person like you that help us in problems, thank you very much.

I'm trying to enable the Atheros 9285, otherwise with DCPI Manager I've seen the device id, it is a Broadcom chip, but I don't understand why is not enabled, as I see it is natively supported, but in my pc doesn't work any patch!

Do you know how to? 

This is the Continuity Tool Report, that say supported hardware is found but interface is not set up.

screenshot pci devices.tiff

Continuity Tool Report.tiff

And, my Wifi AR9285 is not working, can you suggest a new card supporting native BT, airport, and handoff?

You can buy an Azurewave AW-CE123H for bluetooth and wifi.

You can't put mnfesq's DSDT or SSDT, you have not the same cpu.

If you install the azurewave, I can edit your untouched DSDT, meanwhile you can create your own SSDT.

At boot when you see clover loaded press F4, you'll find all the tables under efi/clover/acpi/original

For SSDT look at here

• Like 1