HP Envy 17t-3200 - Install and Run OS X/macOS

mnfesq

422 posts in this topic

I can't get all usb working, I don't know why

Can someone look at my config and DSDT if there are any errors

Thanks

First, did you have anything plugged into your USB ports when you took the photo of your System Information?  It appears that your hubs are recognized but I don't see any devices and don't know whether you had any plugged in.

Second, My Device ID for USB is 1e26, not 1e2d.

Third, it appears from your config.plist that you are not actually using your custom DSDT.  You don't have an entry where you identify your DSDT name as DSDT.aml.  This code should be added to your config.plist under DSDT:

<key>Name</key>
			<string>DSDT.aml</string>

Once you add this, your patches and fixes for your DSDT will no longer work but if you have a custom DSDT, you don't need to patch your OEM DSDT on the fly with Clover.

You shouldn't need any boot args in your config.plist.

You set the frequency of your CPU at 2,800 MHz.  Are you able to access your turbo?  My CPU's stated frequency is 2.5 GHz but it frequently runs at 2.9-3.0 GHz when more CPU power is needed by my usage (e.g., video conversion).  Setting your CPU frequency in config.plist may cause you to max out at that frequency even though your CPU can run faster.

DO NOT enable all of the USB options.  You don't need them for our laptops.

On a possibly unrelated matter, I'm not sure why you have so many SSDT files. I made a single SSDT and it has all the info I need for proper power management.

You might want to add more info to your SMBIOS.  It's pretty basic.

You have no MLB or ROM.  Did you just delete those before posting?  Otherwise, you may want to try to create those.

For the most part, it appears that you have done too much trying to get USB to work and you should undo all those things and just try changing the DSM method for EH01.  Try using this DSDT code instead of the code you currently have in your patched DSDT:

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
            {
                Store (Package (0x04)
                    {
                        "device-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                             0x3A, 0x3A, 0x00, 0x00                         
                        }, 

"AAPL,clock-id", 
                        Buffer (One)
                        {
                             0x01                                           
                        }
                    }, Local0)
                DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                Return (Local0)
            }

• 3 weeks later...

Hi mnfsq, I'm still studing to get usb working

First, did you have anything plugged into your USB ports when you took the photo of your System Information?  It appears that your hubs are recognized but I don't see any devices and don't know whether you had any plugged in.

Camera and Hp wireless audio under EH01 or EHC1 did not work; Bluetooth under EH02 did not work. Under XHC all ports are fully working.

Second, My Device ID for USB is 1e26, not 1e2d.

Must I inject something or patch DSDT....?

Third, it appears from your config.plist that you are not actually using your custom DSDT.  You don't have an entry where you identify your DSDT name as DSDT.aml.  This code should be added to your config.plist under DSDT:

I deleted inadvertently

You set the frequency of your CPU at 2,800 MHz.  Are you able to access your turbo?  My CPU's stated frequency is 2.5 GHz but it frequently runs at 2.9-3.0 GHz when more CPU power is needed by my usage (e.g., video conversion).  Setting your CPU frequency in config.plist may cause you to max out at that frequency even though your CPU can run faster....

On a possibly unrelated matter, I'm not sure why you have so many SSDT files. I made a single SSDT and it has all the info I need for proper power management.

With clover generated DSDT and six SSDT (see Attachments) and you are right, turbo did not work. Then with ssdtprgen I've generated a single SSDT, and put it in patched folder without the other 6 SSDT's so turbo works. Is correct removing the other SSDT's? You disassembled DSDT without refs.txt, why? Did you used Clover?

DO NOT enable all of the USB options.  You don't need them for our laptops.

You are talking about Clover? If I did not enable it, sierra wont boot, freeze after apple logo appears.

You might want to add more info to your SMBIOS.  It's pretty basic.

You have no MLB or ROM.  Did you just delete those before posting?  Otherwise, you may want to try to create those.

I deleted before posting

I do not give up!!!!

Hi mnfsq, I'm still studing to get usb working

Camera and Hp wireless audio under EH01 or EHC1 did not work; Bluetooth under EH02 did not work. Under XHC all ports are fully working.

Must I inject something or patch DSDT....?

I deleted inadvertently

With clover generated DSDT and six SSDT (see Attachments) and you are right, turbo did not work. Then with ssdtprgen I've generated a single SSDT, and put it in patched folder without the other 6 SSDT's so turbo works. Is correct removing the other SSDT's? You disassembled DSDT without refs.txt, why? Did you used Clover?

You are talking about Clover? If I did not enable it, sierra wont boot, freeze after apple logo appears.

I deleted before posting

I do not give up!!!!

As far as your DSDT goes, either you use a customized DSDT and don't use Clover's DSDT patches or you get rid of your customized DSDT and use Clover's DSDT patches to your OEM DSDT.  You seem to be trying to do both.  My system works best when I have one DSDT and one SSDT. I use the SSDT I generated using ssdtprgen.

The fact that you need the USB ownership, injection and clockID set to true in your config.plist suggests that your USB is not set up correctly in your DSDT.  Your DSM methods for EH01, EH02 and XHC do not contain a device-id code and seem overly complicated.  Try using these codes for the DSM methods in EH01, EH02 and XHC:

EH01:

{
                Store (Package (0x04)
                    {
                        "device-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                             0x3A, 0x3A, 0x00, 0x00                         
                        }, 

"AAPL,clock-id", 
                        Buffer (One)
                        {
                             0x01                                           
                        }
                    }, Local0)
                Return (Local0)
            } 

EH02:

{
                Store (Package (0x04)
                    {
                        "device-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                             0x3C, 0x3A, 0x00, 0x00                         
                        }, 

"AAPL,clock-id", 
                        Buffer (One)
                        {
                             0x02                                           
                        }
                    }, Local0)
                Return (Local0)
            } 

XHC:

{
                Store (Package (0x04)
                    {
                        "device-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                             0x03, 0x0C, 0x30, 0x00                         
                        }, 

"AAPL,clock-id", 
                        Buffer (One)
                        {
                             0x01                                           
                        }
                    }, Local0)
                Return (Local0)
            } 

If, for any reason, these are not your correct device-id's, find the correct ones using DPCIManager.

Sounds like whitelist issue. Can only be circumvented by a modded BIOS; the there alternative is to fit a BIOS supported card that also happens to be OS X/macOS compatible...

Are there some clear instructions on how to remove whitelist/blacklist from BIOS?

Hi guys, looks like I have bad luck - my Envy 17t-3000 doesn't accept Azurewave AW-CE123H card - shows WLAN Module ID (702) error. Is there any way to bypass?

I think that model is limited to Intel wifi pci-e cards.  You may need to find a USB wifi adapter.  I wouldn't waste much time trying to find a bios mod.  There has been little success modding an HP Envy bios.

I think that model is limited to Intel wifi pci-e cards.  You may need to find a USB wifi adapter.  I wouldn't waste much time trying to find a bios mod.  There has been little success modding an HP Envy bios.

Thanks guys. I haven't tried that card on my 17t-3200 yet. I hope it will work.

It works for me with some kext patches.

About your 17t-3000, see this thread and see if there are any bios updates (or downgrades) that might work for you.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284481-no-wifi-whitelist-on-new-hp-laptops/

About your 17t-3000, see this thread and see if there are any bios updates (or downgrades) that might work for you.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284481-no-wifi-whitelist-on-new-hp-laptops/

On 17t-3000 it won't let to boot. It won't even let me to enter BIOS. So I had to remove the card.

Thanks for the link, will check it.

On 17t-3000 it won't let to boot. It won't even let me to enter BIOS. So I had to remove the card.

Thanks for the link, will check it.

According the Mickey in the link I posted, there have been bios updates that have removed the white list from HP laptops.  See if you are using the most current bios.

• 2 weeks later...

As far as your DSDT goes, either you use a customized DSDT and don't use Clover's DSDT patches or you get rid of your customized DSDT and use Clover's DSDT patches to your OEM DSDT.  You seem to be trying to do both.  My system works best when I have one DSDT and one SSDT. I use the SSDT I generated using ssdtprgen.

The fact that you need the USB ownership, injection and clockID set to true in your config.plist suggests that your USB is not set up correctly in your DSDT.  Your DSM methods for EH01, EH02 and XHC do not contain a device-id code and seem overly complicated.  Try using these codes for the DSM methods in EH01, EH02 and XHC:

EH01:

{
                Store (Package (0x04)
                    {
                        "device-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                             0x3A, 0x3A, 0x00, 0x00                         
                        }, 

"AAPL,clock-id", 
                        Buffer (One)
                        {
                             0x01                                           
                        }
                    }, Local0)
                Return (Local0)
            } 

If, for any reason, these are not your correct device-id's, find the correct ones using DPCIManager.

I've seen your old dsdt here http://www.osx86.net/files/file/458-ml-on-hp-envy-17-3200-cto/

your old usb is completely different from your actual dsdt, what kind of patch you added?

your old one is very similar to mine, why you changed address to (_ADR, 0x001D0007) and device id to 0x3A, 0x3A;

your old dsdt was (_ADR, 0x001D0000) and device id 0x26, 0x1C

Which bios version is installed in your computer?

Mine with f0b bios, f12 button wont work under windows 10 (wifi hotkey)

Now I can boot with only fix ownership enabled (otherwise it freezes)

Which Clover's DSDT patches I must remove?

I don't understand why on El Capitan my usb works without any dsdt modification

I've seen your old dsdt here http://www.osx86.net/files/file/458-ml-on-hp-envy-17-3200-cto/

your old usb is completely different from your actual dsdt, what kind of patch you added?

your old one is very similar to mine, why you changed address to (_ADR, 0x001D0007) and device id to 0x3A, 0x3A;

your old dsdt was (_ADR, 0x001D0000) and device id 0x26, 0x1C

Which bios version is installed in your computer?

Mine with f0b bios, f12 button wont work under windows 10 (wifi hotkey)

Now I can boot with only fix ownership enabled (otherwise it freezes)

Which Clover's DSDT patches I must remove?

I don't understand why on El Capitan my usb works without any dsdt modification

OK, first of all, here's my current DSDT:

DSDT.aml.zip

I am constantly looking for ways to improve my DSDT based upon changes in the Mac operating system.  As I recall, there were some changes a while back that made USB stop working on all of my USB ports so I needed to make some changes.  They all work now.

From what I can see, I did not change my address for USB, but I did change my device ID.  Try incorporating my changes into a test DSDT for your laptop.  You can't use mine exactly because we have different CPUs.  You can try it but I think you will have problems.

We are using the same BIOS. 

Have you tried my USB patch?  If so, is that the reason why you only need to fix USB ownership?  Try to be more clear so I can get to the bottom of this with you.  Thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally works now, comparing your old DSDT with mines I've seen that they are quite the same, then I started from your actual DSDT and with some modifications USB never disappeared!!!

Thank you for your patience, you're really from another planet!!!

useretail, on 20 Jan 2017 - 12:11 AM, said:snapback.png

mnfesq, on 20 Jan 2017 - 12:17 AM, said:

....or DSDT patch, right?

Hi mnfesq, have you got f12 hotkey working under windows and Sierra? 

I've compared our old dsdt and they are the same, we have the same mainboard.

Now I can boot without usb fixes in clover but with dart=0 boot args

kext dev mode=1 and rootless=0 are needed?

I tried your latest dsdt, all works but after sleep Bluetooth stops working

Now I'm on F08 bios and f12 hotkey works

useretail, on 20 Jan 2017 - 12:11 AM, said:snapback.png

....or DSDT patch, right?

Hi mnfesq, have you got f12 hotkey working under windows and Sierra? 

I've compared our old dsdt and they are the same, we have the same mainboard.

Now I can boot without usb fixes in clover but with dart=0 boot args

kext dev mode=1 and rootless=0 are needed?

Bluetooth was tricky for me but I have it working just fine.  I use 2 of RehabMan's BT kexts in my Clover kext folder.  Here are the 2 that work for me:

Bluetooth Kexts.zip

My F12 key works to toggle wifi/BT on and off.  Also, I get the white LED when they are working and amber LED when they are not.  I don't need the dart=0 boot arg.  In fact, I don't have any boot args at all.  You probably don't need them and, if you do, there is probably something else that is wrong that needs fixing.  Sounds like you have made really good progress.

BTW - Is that a typo or did you revert to an earlier BIOS?  You say you're using version F08?  The most current version is F0B.  If you reverted to an older BIOS, why?

"....or DSDT patch, right?"

was referred to wifi, not BT, you don't have any kext for wifi, is that correct?

I reverted to F08 because with F0B (under windows) f12 hotkey don't work; is yours under win working?

Can you attach your actual config.plist?

Are you sure that it's only cosmetic enabling ATI gpu?

"....or DSDT patch, right?"

was referred to wifi, not BT, you don't have any kext for wifi, is that correct?

I reverted to F08 because with F0B (under windows) f12 hotkey don't work; is yours under win working?

Can you attach your actual config.plist?

Are you sure that it's only cosmetic enabling ATI gpu?

You are correct that I use only the vanilla kexts for wifi, no custom kexts.  As for the F12 key working in Windows, I don't recall.  I use Parallels and only very rarely boot to my Windows installation.  

Here's my config.plist.  I had to edit out the serial, MLB and ROM.  (BTW, I have 3 different config.plist files.  This one does not require PCIID to make wifi work.)

config.zip

I've found the differences in our DSDT under CPU (but are very similar) and under HPET (but about this one I don't know if you have made some changes, so if you can attach your untouched dsdt I can understand better) so now I can boot without any boot args.

I've disabled my ATI gpu under ssdt-6 (renamed ssdt-1) to power saving (why you say that it's only cosmetic??)

f12 hotkey works but if I disable and enable wifi did not connect automatically and light don't change color.

About Parallels, under bios, did you have virtualization technology enabled?

I've found the differences in our DSDT under CPU (but are very similar) and under HPET (but about this one I don't know if you have made some changes, so if you can attach your untouched dsdt I can understand better) so now I can boot without any boot args.

I've disabled my ATI gpu under ssdt-6 (renamed ssdt-1) to power saving (why you say that it's only cosmetic??)

f12 hotkey works but if I disable and enable wifi did not connect automatically and light don't change color.

About Parallels, under bios, did you have virtualization technology enabled?

I did patch HPET in my DSDT.  Here's my original DSDT:

acpi_dsd.aml.zip

I don't disable my ATI GPU because it's already disabled in the BIOS.  Whether it works or not, it is recognized by DPCI Manager and, with the cosmetic fixes, it is recognized by macOS.  Still, because it's disabled in the BIOS, it will never work without a software video switching app, like the ATI app that works with Windows.

My F12 key does not always work perfectly.  I just tested it and while wifi switched on and off, bluetooth did not turn back on.  Also, the LED light stayed white.  It did not turn amber when I turned off Wifi/BT with the F12 key.  That's something that may be a limitation of RehabMan's kexts or of our hardware.  Either way, It's not important enough for me to care about.

As for Parallels, I did have to enable virtualization in my BIOS.  That is the an absolute must for any virtual machine app on our laptop, no matter what operating system is running.

After messing with my F12 key, it is completely useless.  Also, BT firmware injection no longer works when the laptop wakes from sleep.  I'm working on fixes but I'm not exactly sure what the problem is.  I'm thinking it may be Clover's injection method but I'm not sure yet.  I'll report what I find out.

I am pleased to report that Sinetek has developed a kext for my Realtek pcie card reader.  It is still in the development phase but it's working for me.  You need to make sure you have the correct PID/VID entered.  Here's mine.  It's set for the PID/VID 0x522910EC.  Install it in S/L/E.  It will not show up in your system information profile but it does work.

Sinetek-rtsx.kext.zip

• Like 1

This F12 key issue has been a big headache for me.  I also lost Bluetooth after wake from sleep and could not get the F12 key to work in either Windows or Sierra.  I reverted my BIOS to version F08 and the F12 key worked to toggle Wifi/BT on and off like it is supposed to.  However, the toggle did not work in Sierra, only Windows.  When I booted to Windows and then restarted to Sierra, BT would work after wake from sleep.  If I tried using the F12 key, BT stopped working and, after reboot to Sierra, BT would not work after wake from sleep.  Only booting to Windows and rebooting to Sierra would make BT work after wake from sleep.

What I figured out is that, in Sierra, the BT wake from sleep problem is related to USB.  The device is still recognized by Sierra except in USB.  Beyond that, I don't know why the most current version of our BIOS works worse than an older version.  But I went back to using BIOS version F0B and the BT wake from sleep problem is still fixed by booting to Windows and then rebooting to Sierra.  For now, trying to use the F12 key in Sierra causes problems for me.  Can you use the F12 key in Sierra with BIOS version F08 or only Windows?  I couldn't use the F12 key in Sierra no matter which BIOS version I used.

Here I am.... So with bios f08 and vt disabled all works perfectly: f12, BT and wifi after sleep under Sierra and win10. The light never change color (only in Sierra) but I can see the gray icon or black ones on status bar. The only issue is that if I disable wifi with f12 and then enable it, I must connect it manually, but works. I have some problems with VT enabled (I must boot wit dart=0) after sleep (wifi and BT won't connect), do you have it always enabled? Did VT needs some kext or dsdt patch?

Try this DSDT under f08 bios, but disable VT and test if f12 works and BT and Wifi works too after sleep.

I've seen in bios F0B there is a new device "Device (WLBU)" - wireless button device that is not present in f08

I've seen also under Device (WMID) there are strange things, it looks like this 

Device (WMID)

})
                Name (RTCC, Zero)
                Name (EVNT, Package (0x03)
                {
                    Package (0x05)
                    {
                        "BIOS Configuration Change", 
                        "BIOS Settings", 
                        0x04, 
                        0x05, 
                        0x02
                    }, 

Package (0x05)
                    {
                        "BIOS Configuration Security", 
                        "An attempt has been made to Access BIOS features unsuccessfully", 
                        0x04, 
                        0x0A, 
                        0x06
                    }, 

Package (0x05)
                    {
                        "Unknown Event", 
                        "Unknown event type", 
                        Zero, 
                        Zero, 
                        Zero
                    }
                })

I'll test card reader soon

PS

Card reader works great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hei mnfesq we must edit our signatures with card reader  :yes:

DSDT-mnfesq-edit.aml.zip