• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

techgeek

techgeek

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

You need to go into your laptop's EUFI settings and select the file to boot from.  It's /Volumes/EFI/EFI/BOOT/CLOVERX64.efi.  Then, select your EFI partition as the next boot partition.  That way, your laptop knows to boot from EFI.  Otherwise, it will look to boot from your system volume.

I don't see anywhere to modify UEFI settings in BIOS.  Am I missing something?

mnfesq

mnfesq

Emenef, Esquire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

I don't see anywhere to modify UEFI settings in BIOS.  Am I missing something?

Use the bootloader on your USB drive.  Just before you see the Clover page, there should be some code in the upper left corner for about 1-2 seconds.  Right after you see that, click on the Esc key a few times.  That should bring up the UEFI settings page in your BIOS.

Attached File  IMG_1737.JPG   108.63KB   5 downloads  Attached File  IMG_1724.JPG   125.26KB   3 downloads  Attached File  IMG_1728.JPG   122.75KB   3 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1730.JPG   130.46KB   3 downloads  Attached File  IMG_1731.JPG   178.56KB   3 downloads  Attached File  IMG_1732.JPG   153.52KB   3 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1725.JPG   127.26KB   3 downloads  Attached File  IMG_1726.JPG   99.06KB   3 downloads  Attached File  IMG_1738.JPG   154.92KB   3 downloads

techgeek

techgeek

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Ok, I got it.  Thank you for taking the time to help me.  I really appreciate it.  For some reason, my wifi card isn't being recognized.

mnfesq

mnfesq

Emenef, Esquire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Ok, I got it.  Thank you for taking the time to help me.  I really appreciate it.  For some reason, my wifi card isn't being recognized.

If you have the stock intel wifi card, it will never work.  Go on eBay and get yourself an Atheros wifi card, the half-mini pci-e, and install that instead.  You may also want to swap your bluetooth card as well.  Each is about $10 or less.  I use the Atheros AR9285.

Qdezi

Qdezi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Any ideas on Yosemite, guys?  :thumbsup_anim:

mnfesq

mnfesq

Emenef, Esquire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

I swapped my bluetooth and wifi cards to broadcom cards that are compatible for Handoff and Continuity.  Both are working for me.  Continuity worked without any modifications.  Handoff required the patch found here:

http://www.insanelym...le-bt4-devices/

jamaly

jamaly

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

I swapped my bluetooth and wifi cards to broadcom cards that are compatible for Handoff and Continuity. Both are working for me. Continuity worked without any modifications. Handoff required the patch found here:

http://www.insanelym...le-bt4-devices/

Nice, thanks for the info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy