HP Envy 17t-3200 - Install and Run OS X/macOS

mnfesq

422 posts in this topic

I noticed today that my audio kext only makes my front speakers (tweeters) and and bottom speaker (subwoofer) work. There are top speakers (mid-range) that were not working. I used the same node patch I had already developed for my subwoofer, and changed only the default association in the patch. I then tested it on different nodes until I found the right NID. Now, all of the speakers are fully functioning. The bottom and top speakers are recognized as a single device. The front speakers are still a separate device so it is still necessary to make a multi-output device. I tried experimenting with the node patch function in VoodooHDA to make all of the speakers work as a single device so that the volume wheel and OS X volume slider would work but so far, no luck. I'll keep working on that. Alternatively, it might be better to have the 3 speakers working as separate devices so that separate volume levels can be selected for each audio range. In the meantime, here's the new kext.

attachicon.gifVoodooHDA.kext.zip

Thanks to oldnapalm for the tutorials that helped me figure out what to do.

Thank you, later I'll try to install Yosemite.

I downloaded from appstore 10.10.5

EDIT:  The suggestions here should work all the way up to Yosemite.  Some changes have been made to allow handoff/continuity to work.  Atheros Wifi/BT is out, Azurewave AW-CE 123H wifi/BT is in.   Feel free to post questions about any version of OS X and I'll do my best to help you out.

Can you tell me how? You used any other kext other than the ones you uploaded?

Which one you bought?

Can you tell me its ID Hardware?

Can you tell me how? You used any other kext other than the ones you uploaded?

Which one you bought?

Can you tell me its ID Hardware?

I'm not sure what you are asking?  Do you want to know how to replace your Wifi/BT card?  If you get the Azurewave AW-CE 123H card, there are different versions of the same card based on who made it.  Mine is an Asus version with VID: 2821 PID: 6095. (Those are the decimal IDs, not hex.)  You need to find your IDs using either Windows or DPCI Manager.  

The kexts I uploaded are the same as the ones I use/used for Mavericks and Yosemite. The FakeSMC kext has hardware sensors in a folder called plugins.  It is the most recent version and works fine for me.  I removed those hardware sensors that caused a KP for me.

Hi hi.. I'm asking how to installing in os x, with a fresh installation.
Mine is from dell, but I have another BT onboard but I can't find it. it's the Broadcom 20702 4.0 adapter that I need to disable it under windows 7 to make Azureware working.
Near the Hdd I have audio wifi, under the msata I have the intel wifi, where's the BT??

edit
I found the second Bluetooth inside the display assembly

I'm not positive about your setup but I have two slots for half-mini pci-e cards.  One is next to my hard drive bays and one is next to my mSATA slot.  The one next to my mSATA slot is a wifi/BT combo card.  That's where I put my Azurewave AW-CE 123H.  The other slot is actually for HP wireless audio.  A BT card will work in that slot but Handoff will not work right.  When I just kept the HP wireless audio card in that slot, everything worked just fine, including the white LED light on the F12 key.   BTW, to access my wifi/BT card, I had to remove the 6 screws that keep the bottom cover in place.

• 1 month later...

Recently my laptop hp envy 3077nr woudn’t boot up with hd3000 but start to boot with ati6470m

I don’t know how it happened or why it happned or my hd3000 is broken?

I just put the config.plist you posted on the thread maybe this is why?

I know it is not proper one for my sandybridge laptop with hd3000 but other than that most of other devices are in common

I wonder with specific smbios we can disable internel hd3000 and enable ati graphics card?

Anyway this is what happend and how it seems to be

But ati 6470m seems to work but with color gradient

I think it’s edid or framebuffer problem but I have no idea how to fix it at the moment

I am Just using teamviewer on my desktop and I see normal color without color issue on my laptop

Personally thanks so much for this thread and your sharing

post-850245-0-88651600-1443521888_thumb.jpg

post-850245-0-69964500-1443521897_thumb.jpg

Recently my laptop hp envy 3077nr woudn’t boot up with hd3000 but start to boot with ati6470m

I don’t know how it happened or why it happned or my hd3000 is broken?

I just put the config.plist you posted on the thread maybe this is why?

I know it is not proper one for my sandybridge laptop with hd3000 but other than that most of other devices are in common

I wonder with specific smbios we can disable internel hd3000 and enable ati graphics card?

Anyway this is what happend and how it seems to be

But ati 6470m seems to work but with color gradient

I think it’s edid or framebuffer problem but I have no idea how to fix it at the moment

I am Just using teamviewer on my desktop and I see normal color without color issue on my laptop

Personally thanks so much for this thread and your sharing

Well, that certainly is interesting.  Does your BIOS allow you to choose which GPU to use?  If you use a different config.plist, does your HD3000 work again?  SMBIOS should not have any impact on which GPU is used.  That's determined in the BIOS unless you laptop has a switch that let's you choose which GPU to use.  Because your graphics look OK on an external monitor, I suspect your problem with your laptop display is the EDID.  Also, do you see any change in temperature or battery usage with the ATI GPU as opposed to the Intel GPU?  I've never encountered a situation where the Intel GPU chip fails and that causes the discreet GPU to be activated.  I would have thought that, if your Intel chip failed, you would have a black screen.

BTW, since the last time I posted here, I discovered that the VoodooHDA.kext I made activated the subwoofer along with the front speakers but did not activate the top speakers.  I was able to patch the kext to activate those speakers as well.  Here's the new kext and the GetDump text file that shows what nodes need patching and the patches to add.

VoodooHDA.2.8.8.zip

Yeah it is very interesting

It is not very likely that internal hd3000 died because it is in the cpu right?

And there is not swichable graphics option on the bios and it is very simple

And it is not an external monitor but running teamviewer on 3077nr and see it on my windows desktop it is sort of vnc program in this way you can work on windows and osx with alt+tap conveniently

I have used it in this way for couple of hours and there seems to be no problem with overheating of graphics card

When clover couldn’t load hd3000 when I boot windows on the other hdd driver it couldn’t load up hd3000 and ati6470 and fail to show right resolution

Maybe I should bios reset and I won’t be able to load ati graphics foever?

Oh I did not recognize top speaker issue but I will replace the voodoohda kext thanks so much

I think I will have some time at weekends working on the issue…

Have a good day

post-850245-0-53575000-1443585047_thumb.jpg

So Clover does not recognize your HD3000 GPU.  In the photo you posted, it should recognize 2 video cards.  Do you use a custom DSDT?  If so, it appears that it does not have GFX0 and only has IGPU.  The only way I can think that Clover wouldn't recognize a working GPU is if it was removed from your DSDT.  Let me know.

I'm not sure I fixed anything.  I cleaned up your TNOT compilation error, got rid of the 4 warnings and relocated your HD3000 patch to the top of IGPU using RehabMan's syntax.  If this doesn't help, we can take a look at your config.plist for Clover.  The problem may be hiding there.

DSDT.patched.aml.zip

I pulled out my msata sdd in which  installed osx and I reinstalled windows10 to check if hd3000 works

It looks like I failed my hd3000 even on windows I only have ati 6470m and it works okay

it seems like I somehow overheated hd3000 or something so I now have no option but to stick to externel graphics card

my hd3000 is gone

now then with ati  6470m it works fine only with color gradiation problem  so I tried custom edid injection but it didn't solve

the problem. clover bootloader seems to  grab correct edid information but incorrect framebuffer

looks like I need to work on custom framebuffer 

Things aren't looking good for your internal screen to work properly.  See here:  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/253557-sharing-my-experience-on-ati-radeon-hd-6470m-asus-a42jz-notebook/page-1

But take a look at this too:  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302924-help-with-ati-radeon-hd-6470m/

Good luck.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

All the kext you use with el capitan.

Which version of clover you use with el capitan? with which settings?

Finally I have clover working with latest bios f.0b but not from usb.

can you give me the patches you apply in dsdt?

How can I remap my keys for brightness in dsdt?

Here's my current config.plist for El Capitan:

config.plist.zip

Here's my current DSDT.aml:

DSDT.aml.zip

I use the most current version of Clover and also the most current version of RehabMan's kexts for PS2, Battery, BrcmPatchRam.  I do not need his kext for USB but my DSDT is patched for that.

There's no need to disable the AMD Radeon 7850M.  It's disabled in the BIOS.  I just have the entries in my DSDT and config.plist for cosmetic purposes.  It allows the OS to detect the hardware even though it's not enabled.

• 2 weeks later...