HP Envy 17t-3200 - Install and Run OS X/macOS

mnfesq

422 posts in this topic

I tried that. It shows "Current" and has 5 blocks. There is one block with no name and when I click on it it tells me that it is free space. I'm not able to format it. But it is the 100GB partition that I created in Windows 7 Disk Management.

Did you try and click the little plus box underneath that space?...

I got it. When I created the partition in Windows, I just left it as unallocated space. I went back in and formatted the partition as exFAT. Now it shows up in Disk Utility. I then formatted it for Mac use and OS X is installing right now. Thanks for the help.

I got it. When I created the partition in Windows, I just left it as unallocated space. I went back in and formatted the partition as exFAT. Now it shows up in Disk Utility. I then formatted it for Mac use and OS X is installing right now. Thanks for the help.

OK, just a tip: free space technically isn't a partition until it's formatted.

Grats though

Just install Clover onto your hard drive so that you will have dual boot, be sure to add the DSDT and SSDT and use the settings that worked for your USB installer, including the Lapic patch and smbios.  Also, add the MavKexts I uploaded so you will have FakeSMC, Ethernet, AppleHDA Disabler, VoodooPS2, VoodooHDA and ACPIBattery in S/L/E of your Mavericks installation.  That should do it. Use Kext Wizard to install the kexts.

I have decided to install another hard drive just for Mac OSX. I installed it tonight and installed Mavericks. Is there anything I need to do different since I'm installing to a dedicated hard drive for Mavericks? I'm still a little foggy on how to actually do the post installation. What do I use to install the DSDT, SSDT, Lapic patch, SMBIOS. Thank you. Almost there.

I'm happy to help you out but you need to read up on this.  We're not like Tonymacx86 here.  First, have you tried installing Clover on your new hard drive?  Did you use the same settings that you used on your USB installer?  What happened?  If you haven't done this, I suggest you try it out and report back.

After you have Clover installed and working, we can modify it so that you have it working on your EFI partition with all your custom kexts located in Clover instead of S/L/E of your Mavericks installation.

I'm happy to help you out but you need to read up on this.  We're not like Tonymacx86 here.  

I don't know what this means, but I'm having trouble getting Clover to my hard drive.  I have been relentlessly searching everywhere the correct ways to do it.  This is all new to me.  I can't boot into the newly installed Mavericks.  Could someone point me in the right direction.   I have been using the guide for ML, but the guide uses Chameleon instead of Clover.

I don't know what this means, but I'm having trouble getting Clover to my hard drive. I have been relentlessly searching everywhere the correct ways to do it. This is all new to me. I can't boot into the newly installed Mavericks. Could someone point me in the right direction. I have been using the guide for ML, but the guide uses Chameleon instead of Clover.

No offense, but either you don't know how to use Google, or your being lazy. I just googled your question and found the answer/method in less than 10 seconds. Look again.

I can assure you that I'm not lazy. I have googled all day. I just don't understand Clover. I'm a novice, not an expert like everyone else. I'm trying to learn this, but I'm having a little trouble.

I'm going to point you in the direction for now. READ some links, then try and move forward with what you read

Google:

install clover mavericks

I can assure you that I'm not lazy. I have googled all day. I just don't understand Clover. I'm a novice, not an expert like everyone else. I'm trying to learn this, but I'm having a little trouble.

I suspect you are sincere about all this but just a bit overwhelmed.  Send me a PM telling me when you can go into the chatroom here and I will set up a time where I can try to talk you through the process.

For anyone interested, here's an icon for the HP Envy 17t-3200 CTO.  I suspect it can be used for any HP Envy 17.  Mine has the icon name for the MacBookPro10,2.  for it to show up in your "About This Mac", you need to have the name match the system with the same smbios as yours.

com.apple.macbookpro-13-unibody.icns.zip

When installed as instructed in this tutorial:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293246-mavericks-on-dell-vostro-3450-inspiron-14r-uefi-clover/

It looks like this:

post-270804-0-45603200-1398907653_thumb.png  post-270804-0-41183800-1398907671_thumb.png

I like the look.  Feel free to do the same.

I suspect you are sincere about all this but just a bit overwhelmed.  

I'm very sincere and truly grateful for your help.  I have been working on this for a while and I have googled many times how to install Clover.  I have tried a few of them to no luck.  Last night I got your ML guide and followed some of the Post-Installation steps.  I used MacDrive to move files from your Mavericks ktext folder to the S/L/E of the Mac hard drive.  I restarted and was able to boot into the newly installed Mavericks.  Everything was kind of laggy though.  I installed Clover to a Fat32 formatted EFI partition on the Mac hard drive.  I moved the DSDT and the SSDT to the appropiate places as stated on your guide.  I installed the ktexts using Ktext Wizard.  I also moved the ktexts to the EFI/Clover/ktext/10.9. on the EFI partition.  I still haven't installed the Lapic patch  and SMBIOS.  Does I use the mach_kernal from my USB drive for the Lapic patch?  Also, my wireless internet isn't working.  I also have to boot into Windows or Mavericks using my USB drive.

You need to go into your laptop's EUFI settings and select the file to boot from.  It's /Volumes/EFI/EFI/BOOT/CLOVERX64.efi.  Then, select your EFI partition as the next boot partition.  That way, your laptop knows to boot from EFI.  Otherwise, it will look to boot from your system volume.

You need to go into your laptop's EUFI settings and select the file to boot from.  It's /Volumes/EFI/EFI/BOOT/CLOVERX64.efi.  Then, select your EFI partition as the next boot partition.  That way, your laptop knows to boot from EFI.  Otherwise, it will look to boot from your system volume.

I don't see anywhere to modify UEFI settings in BIOS.  Am I missing something?

I don't see anywhere to modify UEFI settings in BIOS.  Am I missing something?

Use the bootloader on your USB drive.  Just before you see the Clover page, there should be some code in the upper left corner for about 1-2 seconds.  Right after you see that, click on the Esc key a few times.  That should bring up the UEFI settings page in your BIOS.

post-270804-0-82295400-1399070388_thumb.jpg  post-270804-0-25922900-1399070420_thumb.jpg  post-270804-0-62149700-1399070557_thumb.jpg

post-270804-0-31831800-1399070641_thumb.jpg  post-270804-0-33317300-1399070655_thumb.jpg  post-270804-0-40900500-1399070669_thumb.jpg

post-270804-0-94255000-1399070746_thumb.jpg  post-270804-0-79405400-1399070872_thumb.jpg  post-270804-0-85432000-1399071140_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok, I got it.  Thank you for taking the time to help me.  I really appreciate it.  For some reason, my wifi card isn't being recognized.

If you have the stock intel wifi card, it will never work.  Go on eBay and get yourself an Atheros wifi card, the half-mini pci-e, and install that instead.  You may also want to swap your bluetooth card as well.  Each is about $10 or less.  I use the Atheros AR9285.

• 5 months later...