HP Envy 17t-3200 - Install and Run OS X/macOS

mnfesq

422 posts in this topic

Okay, any ideas why it doesn't work?

The first question is whether the hardware is being recognized at all.  See if it shows up in System Information for Camera and for USB.  Next, see what it says in IORegistryExplorer (or IO Jones), which you will need to download and install if you don't already have it.  Report here what shows up.

mnfesq, what Mac model are you using in your SMBIOS Settings?

Problem may be also in FakeSMC.kext. Could you share one that works for you in Sierra?

Looks like webcam is not visible. Under "Camera" I see "No video capture devices were found". Under "USB" this:

TFeqTN6.jpg

IORegistryExplorer output:

jKpH0Bu.jpg

mnfesq, what Mac model are you using in your SMBIOS Settings?

Problem may be also in FakeSMC.kext. Could you share one that works for you in Sierra?

Looks like webcam is not visible. Under "Camera" I see "No video capture devices were found". Under "USB" this:

TFeqTN6.jpg

IORegistryExplorer output:

jKpH0Bu.jpg

See this thread:  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286287-hp-envy-17t-3200-install-and-run-os-xmacos/?p=2284234

As for FakeSMC, download the most current version of Kozlak's branch of FakeSMC:  HWSensors 6.21.1412. I put the sensor kexts in a folder called plugins inside the FakeSMC.kext.  I also really like the HWSensors app that comes with it.

mnfesq, did you have an issue with audio after the Sierra upgrade? 

Im pretty sure the "lack" of audio device is what's causing me grief right now with playing media in the simulator with Xcode

Try putting the VoodooHDA.kext in S/L/E and see if that makes a difference.  Also, be sure to use AppleHDADisabler.kext or you will get a KP.

• Like 1

Thanks, problem was in DropOEM_DSM (key USB must be true):

<key>DropOEM_DSM</key>
<dict>
    <key>USB</key>
    <true/>
</dict>

UPDATE: After reboot camera stops working. Sometimes after shutdown starts working again.

Have you considered using a custom DSDT?

• Like 1

Yes, but I have no idea what I have to patch. Are there patches for our Envy's?

Start with mine.  You will likely need to modify it based on our different hardware but see how it runs using it instead of Clover's DSDT mods.

DSDT.aml.zip

When you put this in your ACPI/Patched folder in Clover, you need to modify your config.plist to not use Clover's.

What about your SSDT?  Did you make one yet?

• Like 1

Start with mine.  You will likely need to modify it based on our different hardware but see how it runs using it instead of Clover's DSDT mods.

attachicon.gifDSDT.aml.zip

When you put this in your ACPI/Patched folder in Clover, you need to modify your config.plist to not use Clover's.

What about your SSDT?  Did you make one yet?

No, I don't haven't made SSDT yet.

Thanks for the DSDT. I will try and report how it goes.

• 4 weeks later...

After getting sick of my missing USB devices i finally got them showing up and working again with Rehabman's Inject All kext.

Touchscreen, bluetooth, webcam...

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-11-11 at 11.17.12 PM.png

Still no audio though :/

Good job getting USB back.  Be sure to modify your DSDT so that you don't use RehabMan's Inject All kext on a permanent basis.

As far as audio goes, what happens when you load VoodooHDA.kext?  First of all, does it load or cause a kp?  If it loads, what audio devices show up?  I think it's time for you to tackle this issue once and for all.

BTW, I just figured out how to get my brightness keys to work with macOS Sierra.   I borrowed code from RehabMan's proposed use of F14/F15 but applied it to my brightness keys - F2/F3.  Here's the code that I have in my DSDT under _SB.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC:

Method (_Q13, 0, NotSerialized)
                    {
                        Store (HKNO, Local0)
                        If (LEqual (Local0, 0x07))
                        {
                            Notify (PS2K, 0x0365)
                        }

If (LEqual (Local0, 0x08))
                        {
                            Notify (PS2K, 0x0366)
                        }
                    }

I now have everything working perfectly in macOS Sierra 10.12.2 Developer Beta 3.

• Like 1

Ok I'm back, this week I installed Sierra 10.12.1, but the same old problem with usb, not all are recognized.

Please someone can check my config and DSDT files and help me...

Another thing, Sierra restarts instead of shutting down.

edit..

To get all USB ports working I removed ports count and ports in info.plist and renamed my EHC1 - EHC2 to EH01 EH02 in DSDT, see first post (2a) here

Now only Bluetooth did not work

DSDT.aml.zip

Ok I'm back, this week I installed Sierra 10.12.1, but the same old problem with usb, not all are recognized.

Please someone can check my config and DSDT files and help me...

Another thing, Sierra restarts instead of shutting down.

edit..

To get all USB ports working I removed ports count and ports in info.plist and renamed my EHC1 - EHC2 to EH01 EH02 in DSDT, see first post (2a) here

Now only Bluetooth did not work

I'm not sure what you want someone to find in your DSDT and config files.  The problem with restart instead of shutdown occurred with me too but stopped when I installed the developer betas of 10.12.2.  As far as BT goes, what BT chip are you using?  Is it the same as mine?  RehabMan has some kexts that fixed BT for me.  You should try these in your Clover/Kexts/10.12 folder and remove any BT kexts you may be using now.

BT Kexts.zip

mnfesq, on 07 Oct 2016 - 5:10 PM, said:snapback.png

For trackpad, take the trackpad.prefpane from 10.11.x and replace the MacOS file with the one from 10.12.0.  That gets it to open so you can adjust the settings.

Can you upload it?

There's been an update since then and now a version of the VoodooPS2Controller.kext has the Sierra prefpane, thanks to usr-sse2.  I combined his work with the original that RehabMan made and came up with this one:

• Like 1

Thank you mmfesq, you gave me a big help with the installation of Sierra, finally I have all working!!

The only thing I must adjust is audio output, because when I create a multi output device the volume control is grayed out.

I have speaker multi and speaker analog, is it right?

The reboot issue I think is graphic related because did not happen when I shut down whit DSDT without any graphic patch.

Thank you mmfesq, you gave me a big help with the installation of Sierra, finally I have all working!!

The only thing I must adjust is audio output, because when I create a multi output device the volume control is grayed out.

I have speaker multi and speaker analog, is it right?

The reboot issue I think is graphic related because did not happen when I shut down whit DSDT without any graphic patch.

Whenever you use a multi-output audio device, the volume slider in the menubar is greyed out.  That happens with real Macs that use multi-output devices as well.  However, if you adjust the volume of each device separately using the menubar slider, it works, and is not greyed out when you have selected one of the two audio devices that make up your multi-output device.  And yes, the two devices are the analog speaker and the multi speaker.  I choose the name multi for the bottom and top speakers.  There is no particular reason or meaning associated with it.

Do trackpad gestures works? mine did not.

Usb disappeared once again..... 

Gestures - some do, some don't.  That's a hardware limitation.

USB - I had a problem with 2 of my USB ports not working back when I first installed the betas for El Cap.  I fixed that by changing the USB device names in my DSDT to EH01, EH02 and XHC.  I'm not sure what you mean by "USB disappeared."  The ports are still there.  The entries in your DSDT are still there.  You mean they just don't work?  Did you track what changes you have made in order to try to fix them?  Did you make changes in your DSDT or just changes in kexts?

Usb disappeared - webcam and usb mouse was not recognized after updating clover to 3944, no new kext or patch installed.

To get usb working now I installed usbinjectall and custom flag -uia_exclude_hs -uia_exclude_ss -uia_exclude_ssp (without removing FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, OSI to XOSI patch and EH01-EH02)

I've noticed that if I rebuild cache with kext wizard, system won't shut down.

To test I modified DSDT with a graphic patch and now usb mouse and webcam did not work again.

adding "Name (_HID, EisaId ("LCD1234"))  // _HID: Hardware ID" shutdown did not work (reboot instead), removed this line, removed generic brightness.kext, installed ACPIBacklight, now shutdown works well.

Usb disappeared - webcam and usb mouse was not recognized after updating clover to 3944, no new kext or patch installed.

To get usb working now I installed usbinjectall and custom flag -uia_exclude_hs -uia_exclude_ss -uia_exclude_ssp (without removing FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, OSI to XOSI patch and EH01-EH02)

I've noticed that if I rebuild cache with kext wizard, system won't shut down.

To test I modified DSDT with a graphic patch and now usb mouse and webcam did not work again.

adding "Name (_HID, EisaId ("LCD1234"))  // _HID: Hardware ID" shutdown did not work (reboot instead), removed this line, removed generic brightness.kext, installed ACPIBacklight, now shutdown works well.

I just compared my DSDT with the original DSDT I extracted using AIDA64 a long, long time ago.  I found that under XHC, I added a DSM Method.  Do you have this?

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
            {
                Store (Package (0x04)
                    {
                        "device-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                            0x03, 0x0C, 0x30, 0x00
                        }, 

"AAPL,clock-id", 
                        Buffer (One)
                        {
                            0x01
                        }
                    }, Local0)
                DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                Return (Local0)
            }

Try removing all of the fixes you have except EH01 and EH02 and add this to your DSDT.  See if that makes a difference.  You have so many more fixes than me and still have problems and and I don't use most of them and my USB is working fine.  I'm wondering why you need all of these and I don't.

BTW, The shutdown/restart issue you are working on seemed to go away for me when I installed the developer beta of 10.12.2.  Still, I will try out your method since I really am not wedded to the GenericBrightness.kext.

• Like 1

I haven't the patch above, added, removed usbinjectall and custom flag -uia_exclude_hs -uia_exclude_ss -uia_exclude_ssp, removed FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, removed OSI to XOSI patch and BOOM seems working fine!!!

You are THE MAN!!!!

In your patch I removed dtgp arg because I haven't any of it in my DSDT

• Like 1

In your patch I removed dtgp arg because I haven't any of it in my DSDT

If you are going to customize your DSDT in any way, you ned to add DTGP.  Otherwise, your customizations won't work.  It's not just a line in this patch, it's a method you need to add at the root of your DSDT.  It looks like this:

Method (DTGP, 5, NotSerialized)
    {
        If (LEqual (Arg0, Buffer (0x10)
                {
                    /* 0000 */    0xC6, 0xB7, 0xB5, 0xA0, 0x18, 0x13, 0x1C, 0x44, 
                    /* 0008 */    0xB0, 0xC9, 0xFE, 0x69, 0x5E, 0xAF, 0x94, 0x9B
                }))
        {
            If (LEqual (Arg1, One))
            {
                If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
                {
                    Store (Buffer (One)
                        {
                            0x03
                        }, Arg4)
                    Return (One)
                }