Sleep issue troubleshooting...

cele_82

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have 10.8.2 running smoothly on my Toshiba... and i would like to understand how to make sleep work properly.

At the moment I'm using patched AppleRTC and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kexts.. with the following commands:

sudo perl -pi -e ‘s|\xE2\x00\x00\x00\x0F\x30|\xE2\x00\x00\x00\x90\x90|g’ /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' /Extra/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

The system behaves fine with all the power states of the CPUs.. it can enter sleep mode (standby leds, fans off etc all seems fine) but when it wakes it just reboot (I can't see nothing on screen, just briefly the leds light up like a proper wake then they go off and on again and I'm a the BIOS logo..no clues on the Console logs...anywhere else where to look?)

I'm not sure if my DSDT is perfectly healthy for sleep.. could someone help me check that? Also i've tried several darkwave flags but the sleep behaves always the same.

Thanks in advance.

Extra.zip