2 posts in this topic

Strange and deeply frustrating thing happening in my brand new Hack build, intended for audio production:

My MIDI interface, a Unitor 8mkII and my Novation Launchpad are being detected by the system profiler under USB ports, but NOT being detected by applications such as Audio MIDI setup or Ableton Live.

I installed OSX via tonymac's method of ##### ML 1.7.0 and ##### 5.2.1. My system definition is iMac 13,1 since this seems to be the profile that actually matches my hardware the best.

I know certainly that it's not a cable issue, since the devices are being detected in the Sys Profiler and on my Macbook Pro. I know that it's not an inherent issue of drivers since Audio MIDI set up does detect these devices perfectly well in OS10.8.2 on my Macbook Pro. I know that it's not a universal problem of MIDI device detection on my Hackintosh because Audio MIDI setup detects another device, my Keystation 88, perfectly well. I know it isn't an issue of ports, since I've swapped the ports for each device; the K88 always is always detected and the other devices are not.

Please, any help troubleshooting this would be greatly appreciated!!

___

PS. my boot time is very slow and geek bench score about 3000 points lower on OSX ML than on Windows 8 for the same machine... if anyone wants to make suggestions or point to resources on this it'd be appreciated. thank you