IOSDHCIBlockDevice.kext driver for JMicron SD card readers for 10.7/10.8

5 posts in this topic

Hi All,

VoodooSDHCI did nothing for me, so I did some minor changes to be able to build Brendon Allen's and Forest Godfrey's SD card reader driver under Mountain Lion in 64 bit mode. (Source: http://osxsdhci.sourceforge.net) The included kext is x86/x86_64, but I'm on 10.8, so I have no idea how well it works in 32bit mode (but in that case you're well off with the original driver). I built it against 10.7 framework, so Lion people can probably use it too. Sources included.

I happened to have the exact same card reader as specified in the original Info.plist, i.e. 197b:2381, so I figured "whatever" and went for it. It's been 6 hours and I'm basically done. If you have a different device, you can try to edit the Info.plist file and change IOPCIMatch. For example:

$ lspci -vvnn | grep SD
06:00.2 SD Host controller [0805]: JMicron Technology Corp. Standard SD Host Controller [197b:2381] (prog-if 01)

Then you should edit your Info.plist to look like this:

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
<string>0x2381197b</string>

(Note the reverse ordering of the vendor and device IDs.)

For the moment I have disabled multiblock transfer high speed transfer because of CRC errors and/or mismatched MD5 checksums (and kernel panics, for that matter). If anyone has any idea how to figure this out, fire away. I assume that some numbers don't align anymore when __LP64__ is defined (see IOBlockStorageDevice).

Any feedback welcome. This is a debug binary, so prepare to have your dmesg spammed.

Yours,

Karol

IOSDHCIBlockDevice (source).zip

IOSDHCIBlockDevice.kext.zip

Yep, that works (after editing the Info.plist). But maybe someone will make use of this driver.

P.S. What is the source of this kext you posted? The one from the voodooprojects forums didn't work for me.

Hah, silly me. It's the same driver. It has the same errors! No good :(

Edited by Karol Trojanowski

• 3 months later...