ASUS A56CM - K56CM - TUTORIAL MOUNTAIN LION 10.8.2
- Go into the bios and set the following parameters:
- Fast Boot: Disabled
- Boot: Launch CSM
- USB Legacy Enabled
- XHCI: Disabled
- Secure Boot Control: Disabled
- Install the operating system:
- Personally I have tried with different images on USB.
I tried it with a stick created from a legally acquired copy of ML but was not able to complete the installation.
- Install with this will lead to the infamous "boot0: error"
- After preparing the usb, start the computer with the usb inserted.
- When you start the PC, when the ASUS logo appears, press ESC from the menu that appears choose to start from USB.
- Once in the installation process, before installing, go up to "Utilities" and select "Disk Utility". At this point you need to partition your drive (a partition if you want to install OSX only, two or more partitions if you want to make multiboot with windows or linux).
- Important: before partitioning options click on the button below and select MASTER BOOT RECORD as Partition Map.
- Configure the operating system:
- After installation the first reboot the PC will crash if you try to enter the operating system normally, then start again from the flash installation but without starting the installation. When you start the PC, when the ASUS logo appears, press ESC from the menu that appears choose to boot from USB key, you will see a second menu, select the partition where you installed OSX and start with bootflag-x (safe mode)
- Enter the data for the creation of your user account, but skip the internet configuration, otherwise the system will reboot.
- Now is the time to install the latest version of Chameleon or Chimera bootloader and FakeSMC.
- Install Kext Drop or Kext Wizard and install all the kext that you find in the attached zip.
- Once installed you restart, go to the Finder, go into your disk on which you installed OSX (if not stated you can get in using "disk utility").
- Here should be 5 folders, we are interested in the one called "Extra". If the folder "Extra" does not exist, create it manually and drop in all the files you will find in the attached zip.
- Check that you have not previously installed the kext nullCPU ... and if you did, delete it!
- Now open the terminal and type "sudo-s" (without the quotes). Ask for the password you just chose, write (will not appear anything but have faith you are writing). Now paste this string of commands in the terminal and pressed enter:
rm - rf / System / Library / Extensions / GeForceGA. plugin
rm - rf / System / Library / Extensions / GeForceGLDriver. bundle
rm - rf / System / Library / Extensions / GeForceVADriver. bundle
rm - rf / System / Library / Extensions / NVDAGF100Hal. kext
rm - rf / System / Library / Extensions / NVDAGK100Hal. kext
rm - rf / System / Library / Extensions / NVDANV50Hal. kext
rm - rf / System / Library / Extensions / NVDAResman. kext
rm - rf / System / Library / Extensions / NVDAStartup. kext
- At this point, repair permissions (for luck!) And reboot.
http://www.insanelym... # entry1873521
If update version 10.8.2 will then need to restart via usb in safe mode (-x) and manually reset the two kext that you will find in the zip. Install with Kext Drop. If Kernel Panic, restart in safe mode and reinstall with kext wizard and repair permissions.
You will also need to re-open the terminal and repeat step colored blue in the guide.
Reboot and cross your fingers.
At the moment it is impossible to operate the wifi, maybe in the future, I recommend buying a usb wifi (first confirm that it is compatible).
The FN keys do not work, at least not all.
Perhaps the most picky, like me, will notice that the screen is darker, there is a trick to do to get the maximum brightness. Basically, do not know why, if the screen goes to sleep and then back here the brightness is magically become normal. So I recommend to set up a corner of the screen to "put the monitor to sleep" when you move the mouse. So every time you can up brightness in a second.
There may be various other problems during the process of installation and configuration too long to explain. If you have trouble write me if I can help you, good job
TNX TO LEJENK & TONIO1987