Chameleon Boot Variables Issue...

NappyHead

8 posts in this topic

Greetings!

Odd issue, but I can't seem to locate the answer/solution. I manually instered the -v & -f flags on the Chameleon boot screen, and now my system always lists them there unless I manually remove them prior to booting the OS. These flags return at the next boot.

These flags are NOT in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file, and this issue has persited through several Chameleon updates. I am using the latest version: v2.2svn r2181.

I hope this accurately describes the problem.

Thanks in advance for your help!

- Nappy

I think you installed fileNVRAM module which saves the boot args into a plist file in the Extra folder.

To clear the saved boot args from the nvram plist, execute this command in Terminal:

sudo nvram -d boot-args

Thanks for the quick replies!

I first checked /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist ... flags not present.

I do have the fileNVRAM module, so using "sudo nvram -d boot-args" did the trick!

Thank you both so much,

Nappy

Booted this morning and the issue is back

I typed "sudo nvram -p" to discover the boot-args were indeed listed. I then deleted the "nvram.c0571e62-023c-e111-9bc2-c8600014a311.plist" file from /Extra as well as "nvram.plist" from /. I then typed "sudo nvram -d boot-args" just to be sure.

Well, the first reboot after this methos removes the boot arguments... but they return on the next reboot.

Are there any other files where these arguments are stored / cached?

Thanks!

- Nappy

I don't fully understand how the nvram.UUID.plist file works because if I delete the module and the plist, then I restart the pc, the plist file gets back there...

So if you have windows on your pc, then delete the plist throught windows, and then boot into osx.

I don't know why is the boot-args gets there if you remove it...

Btw if you don't use imessage service, you can get rid of the filenvram.dylib, then this issue won't return.