Optimizing the Extra Folder

2 posts in this topic

Hey all, I really dont know much of what I'm doing when it comes to hacking OS X, but I love my hackintosh.

I was wondering if someone could take a look at my extra folder and let me know if I have an uneccesarry things in there, if my DSDT.aml folder is right for my setup, etc.

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P (rev 1.1), F10 Bios - Graphics: nVidia GTX 560 - CPU: Intel e6600 - Sound: On-board, ALC889A

I've really just been hacking away blindly trying to get things to work. My sound works(ALC889a), but not as good as it should be(5.1 doesnt really work.

My graphics card works, but not as good as it can work. I hear it's possible to fix it so I can play games optimised.

From what I understand, there are two mthods; modifying AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext, or downloading Mountain Lion Quadro 4000 drivers.

I've tried both, and I'm sure it's a mess.

Here's my /Extra folder. http://d.pr/f/6M7K

Thanks in advance for any help.

you perhaps could try macpro4,1 and put you kexts in system library Extentions. and just have your chameleon boot plist list dsdt modules nvram Dsdt smbios in the Extras folder

also you could add you graphics card id to agpm kext. (you wil need to copy kext to desktop show contense then use cmd+f to show hidden items

then add in the id you are using ie macpro 4,1 then add your cards vender and card id

you can use kext wizard to load and back up you kexts and repair permissions